oeis.org/A072567
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Correct!

New problem, 10x harder

bet you wont be

Close!

50?

Q2, is it 3 points ?

Cursory glance then off to another thread- first thought was three corners of each square getting smaller, which would give 12. Then a straight line on the end with a diagonal for 15. Then three straight lines out from a corner, not including the corner point I start from for 21. Anyone else?

fuck you, this is literally HW solver on the easiest math

you should be ashamed of how easy this shit is ad you cant solve it yourself.

how do I solve this?

>100

100 what? potatoes? mm? inch? stones?
this fucking annoys me!

100 units. Of any kind. Such as potatoes, inches, cucks or faggots

100 units which measure area. It doesn't matter. You're annoyed for no reason, you fucking pretentious autist. Learn to do math.

Half of the total area, so 50. Really easy since you can break it up into a bunch of half-and-half squares.

I'm not sure what this one is asking.

can someone explain how the answer is half the area of the large square?

Just by simple observation, I can deduct that there is more white area.

Break it up by zigzag lines and you see that each line is half and half. Or draw a right square around a diagonal square of either colour.

(OP)
Important question for the second problem: For any given 4 points out of all the selected points, does only one site have to be non-parallel to the large square or do all of them have to be non-parallel?
In other words: In the example given, would any other choice that the red dot be a a valid selection? (that would be two parallel sides between the three blue points and two non-parallel sides).

The later problem is kinda harder. You could for example select 13 points. Then for *every* four points out of your 13, the sides of these four points may not be parallel to the large surrounding square.

I think that's the best. Anything else I've found has been eqivalent to that.

Where are these problems from?

26 is the most i've been able to do.
whats the website?

how to do this?

Code an algorithm to brute force it

You know that the whole square is equal to 100, right? So there's 25 blue squares and 16 white whole squares. But what about the fractions of squares? Well they're chopped in half along the sides, and into quarters in the corners, so we have:
>[math] \text { blue } = 25 [/math]
>[math] \text { white } = 16 + 8 +1 = 25 [/math]
So we know that half of the the squares are blue, and half are white, therefore the blue squares must have an area of 50.

twenny one

Just by simple observation I can deduct that your eyes don't work and that you're more confident about your observations than you should be.

Incorrect, you even have 3 groups of red points that visually group to a square. The solution demands that no such groups can be made

solid attempt

it says rectangle? and there's more than 3 squares, but no rectangles

A square is a type of rectangle.

Every Square is a rectangle. Your attempt contains thus at least one rectangle, I painted for as an example. Maybe you got confused about squares being rectangles? Because I am unable to find a rectangle that is not a square on this pic.

My attempt: 21. The colors should make the approach more clear.

I got Eleventy chicken

24, no squares. ill try again later, its fun

This was much easier than I thought it would be and the answer is 23.

By the way for an NxN grid the answer is 3(N-1)+2, except for the trivial grid where N=1

brilliant.org
fun little site for higher math problems

Wrong. As you can see with the post above yours the optimal is actually 24. Your general equation is also complete nonsense that yields silly answers even for easily checked examples like N = 2 or 3.

oeis.org/A072567

21 I followed the sequence at oeis.org/A072567

>t. baby brained physicist

Intuitively it's 50, this is easily verified by noticing that you can pair them up, halfs on top and bottom go together and the corners go together.

i think you should avoid counting when solving these kind of problems

> it says rectangle not squares

Please pass 4th grade before posting here

counting can be useful to justify your intuition to others.