"Postmodernists believe there is no objective truth!"

>"Postmodernists believe there is no objective truth!"
>"Now allow me to explain why science is nested in archetypal moral truth and not the other way around..."

Lmao, is this guy serious?

I don't think anyone actually takes Jordan Peterson seriously as a philosopher.

I don't take him seriously as a person.

Keep it to one thread you shill

Same.

How is this contradictory?

His first point is that reducing the word truth to a synonym of scientific fact is making us more susceptible to claims like that alleged postmodernist one. Since truth originally referred not only to facts but also encompassed moral truth and probably esthetic truth.

He then attempts to ground moral truth in a darwinian pragmatism. He claims that over time the normative implications of such truth have formed into mythological and religious jungian archetypes.

Peterson is not some amazing philosopher, but while both of these claims are very debatable, neither of them is retarded.

I Don't get JP, he makes some good points about how human psychology works, and how to find value and ward off depression, but his need to make a fucked up epistemological claim to go with it is absurd.

I don't care. he says what I want to hear

Lmao marxists are still butthurt over this guy.

Stemfag here, why are so many "deep" thinkers convinced there is some absolute truth to science? It's just inductive reasoning built on inductive reasoning built on inductive reasoning.

>he says what I want to hear

Woah...Really makes you think...

shut the fuck up and go back to /pol/ jordan peterson is a retarded pseud.

>THERE'S NO OBJECTIVE TRUTH
with the exception of that statement itself, right?

>absolute truth to science

Where did I claim there was no objective truth? Science isn't about truth. That's something a pseud who hasn't taken stem courses past highschool would think.

Postmodernists detected

Let me rephrase that. There's only one absolute truth, that is that there is no other absolute truth.

>confusing the true with the factual

Why not? :)

How do you know that?

Because there is no way around it.
I'm and and and Come at me.

What an awful thread

I gave him a listen and...
>"Post modernists, who are of course also Marxists, ..."
>"Millions died in the gulags, and the guards there, they were evil, they did it on purpose..."
>"So all the liberals, and they all follow Marx, they are all Marxists..."
>"Tens, if not hundreds of millions, in the Gulags..."
>"And Hitler actually wanted to destroy Germany, to punish the German people for not winning the war, Hitler intentionally burned Germany as a means to excuse his mistake, and his Marxist point of view...."
>"The Gulag Archipelago says sixty millions, but it could honestly have been more, many more..."
>"Atheists these days hold on to their Marxist beliefs of subjectivity...."
>"All of the Russian population in the Gulags, it was Hell, a real Hell, the Gulags..."
>"Its true, the Muslim Marxists in the Canadian government..."
>"Gulag my Marxist Gulag very Hitler objective Gulag atheist Gulag Marxist Gulag Marx..."

He's right, you know.

And please. I love when PoMo faggots try to distance themselves from Marxism when Derrida/Deleuze/etc were pretty open about it.

The 'exception' is Foucault, but even then, the dispute was always about *how much* of a Marxist he was - rather than whether or not he was one. Hardcore Marxists hated him, but that doesn't mean he wasn't one.

Peterson is amazing, he went on YouTube and cried about people supporting political ideology. His ideology though? Totally fine, no justification needed.

You are attributing to "marxist" things beyond the idea that labor produces value.

>Labour Theory of Value

I dug a hole in my garden which to bury you.

How much is it worth?

Just because many of them were Marxists doesn't mean PoMo is Marxism. You cretin. Stop watching frog post videos and try reading.

> postmodernism debates

Gosh it's like the early 90's again

So what is his ideology?

He is a conservative Christian.

What gave you that idea?

What's wrong with postmodernism?

So the absolute truth is that it is not absolute? You're not making a lot of sense.

He keeps saying it.

What is up with people saying there's no objective truth? There's plenty of statements you can make that are objectively true.
>Every human is mortal

>Humans aren't given the gift of eternal life
ENJOY HELL
LMAO
M
A
O

>attacks postmodern's rejection of truth
>adopts a pragmatist epistemology

You still need to die, even if you believe in Christianity. It's called AFTERlife for a reason. So my point still stands. Also, how would you expect in a million years to get into heaven while subscribing to epistemological (and probably moral) relativism?

I don't know, I grew up with and know far too many conservative Christian ideologues and he is nothing like them, in behavior or speech.

Postmodernism doesn't dismiss truth necessarily, it dismisses facts. That's the problem

What's wrong with being retarded?

I hear so many faggots here lately giving archetypes credence, when in fact it's just some pseud gibberish from some Swiss medicine man. Every time I bring this up I get dogmatic responses such as "duh you never read Jung!!!" or "they are real because we all share them!!!" and never a proper explanation as to why ANY rational person should take their existence for granted.

I heard Peterson speaking recently and he seems to have soften his views on postmodernism. He still thinks it's generally wrong (specifically he thinks it's reductive), and he still paints it with a broad brush, but at least he seems now to have actually read the authors he criticizes instead of just repeating right wing and positivist slogans.