Is anybody else here well on their way to inhabiting a totally solipsistic universe in which only their own value...

Is anybody else here well on their way to inhabiting a totally solipsistic universe in which only their own value judgments are of any concern? I am. And here's how. For the longest time I thought I wanted to be a writer, and I tried writing novel after novel hoping for validation from people I really don't care all that much about, including editors (known for their preference of marketability over talent) and the reading public (mostly comprised of naive, feelgood, ideologically submissive dilettantes). Then it struck me. What was the actual purpose of "achieving" external validation? It was merely a means of allowing my own internal validatory function approve my existence and feel secure in the notion that I am in fact a genius. But if I could simply convince my internal validatory function to do this without having to first appeal to external other people, then what's stopping me? Surely enough, I wrote my debut six-part memoir comprising some 780,000 words, the work in part and in whole meting the very strict and very high standards I inflict on myself at all times. And what happened next? I assured myself of my genius. Any lingering desires, both of the brutish and impulsive kind and of the socially inculcated, diminished over the course of only a few weeks. I became a one-mind ecosystem, a producer and consumer of my own intellectual commodities, my moral values became entirely my own, my thoughts pure of any external influence (corruption). At the present point of writing this post I can write as confidently and as lucidly as I do, articulating my internal phenomena as well as I currently am, due to the fact that I am living a life of pure and genuine expression, unmarred by external considerations. I am the source of all my thoughts. I am the master of my craft. I am the God and the believer. My craft is my expression. My will is my fate.

Any good books on this issue?

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=0B9rp9E8HajbBTlVMcElkODN6OVE
gnosis.org/library/hermet.htm#CH
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Any good books on this issue?

I enjoy your posts but please use paragraphs.

Schizoid Phenomena, Object Relations and the Self.

>books about me being a genius
No.
>books about me being me
The Ego and His Own

Epistemological solipsist here
I enjoy Eugene Thackers books although they are not really solipsism related.
But very blackpilled.

Is this a book? If not, please explain further.

Sounds like a load of crap

OP here. I've read In The Dust Of This Planet and it was obviously the product of an academic with too much time on his hands. There's no passion there, no lucidity. It's just obfuscatory, poorly articulated garbage. A ripoff of CATHR.

solipsism is the pinnacle of rationalism, which makes it the most stupid stance ever created by any rationalist.

Yet, this stupidity is ideal to switch to empiricism (not empiricism à la rationalist (muh truth, muh justified knowledge)) or rather narcissism without ego. THe problem of solipsism is that if you are the only guy alive, there is still things like trees which are not as alive as you, unless you make them part of you. But then emotions and rocks and trees are all you, but you did not even choose to create them and even worse, your experience is sometimes displeasing, sometimes pleasing and what pleases you always fades. Once you stick to what you experience and see that you cannot even control this, you understand that the ego is the most stupid idea and that you are alive only through this ego. Then you get rid of this ego, through this understanding.

Claims to have overcome need for personal validation. Brags about it on Veeky Forums

Well, Ligotti is a novelist not a philosopher.
Maybe that makes him more accessible to common folks. To swallow the black pill with some humour.

Useless pandering. The onley truth is the external wordl can only be experienced thru your mind and never externally. It doesnt even matter if the outside world has an independent existance.

Ok, so you can can close off completely now that you've absorbed everyone elses shit enough for you to mimic it. You contrive yourself a genius simply for going full ouroboros. Anyone can do that.

The books you have read, the shallow pop philosophy and art knowledge you have clumsily stumbled accross, every creative work that you have witnessed has stayed with you.

Deep down you will always be a philistine. Deep down you will always know you have created nothing and remixed everything else. This is why you won't try to publish your memoirs. This is why you still need us.

Please, consider paragraphing your shit posting and using lines up to 70 ~80 characters.
Reading blocks of text on screens is not a pleasant task.

It is a book by the object-relations theorist (a branch or reformation of psychoanalysis) Harry Guntrip. The book is essentially about how ego-weakness is the core problem of all psychopathology, not the classical Freudian position where the ego is at conflict with the impulses of the id. The basic human problem is of having or not having an ego, of feeling oneself to be a person. The schizoid predicament occurs at early childhood when one is not receiving proper care, causing difficulties in later social interaction with other people.

The book is quite a tough read and I would not be able to summarize it.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm looking to buy it online now but it's real expensive. Do you have a PDF link at all?

Lol getting cucked this hard

Sometimes I get this feeling but I am usually reminded by the state that they want me to do things their way and it goes away until I can forget the state again. Any other organization too.

What do you mean?

>What do you mean?
Buying such a expensive book full of meaningless babble.
Do as you please tho.

Just reading that was a horrendous experience. 780,000 of your 'prose' should be employed instead of water-boarding as a reliable form of torture.

The PDF.

drive.google.com/open?id=0B9rp9E8HajbBTlVMcElkODN6OVE

DONT' CLICK THIS

W-why not? Is it legit?

>google drive
Yes.

This view is also on the book "The Denial of Death" by Ernest Becker which is a fascinating read btw.

I think your words are a little pretentious, but I agree with your philosophy on creating and seeking validation from others

gnosis.org/library/hermet.htm#CH

/thread.

Everybody go home.

Memoir-chan!

pls post your memoir, we all know it's never getting published

The fact of the matter is that the promulgation of culture and tradition is the true purpose of humanity. You will die a meaningless existence.