Is math the comfiest field to pursue a PhD in?

Is math the comfiest field to pursue a PhD in?

>don't have to perform experiments
>don't have to work with your brainlet peers
>you can sit around inside all day every day by yourself and never interact with other people
>the more eccentric and autistic you are, the more likely you are to get hired as a professor
>200k starting

>>don't have to work with your brainlet peers

Wrong. They're starting to require presentations and group work in even low-level math classes now.

It's all to help women and chads.

yes, doing the same in a few years desu

PhD is quite different brainlet.
Yes, math is a comfy grad school experience. I love it.

>tfw sick RenTech job right after graduation

unless you have 20+years of experience 100k at best

Heh heh.
I'm finishing my MS Math and would be willing to pay good money NOT to do a PhD in this field.

You don't have any clue how shitty it is to work in pure abstraction for years until you do it. Just learn statistics or programming and you'll make better money.

I think PhD in statistics is much more god-tier than PhD in math. Just look at placements for statistics

Math has always been like that, get a brain.
For some of my highest-level grad classes we actually have to teach all the material to each other in class and the professor oversees us, correcting us or telling us to clarify/elaborate. That's because lectures aren't a good idea for really advanced math.

It's because basically the only job you can get with a Math degree is teaching and they want to train you for that and weed out any shy people (who of course would not be good as teachers).

Surprisingly PhD in biostat makes even more than normal stats.
But tbph if you want to be worth your salt as a PhD statistician (in 2017) you probably need an MS Math or equivalent. You aren't really gonna understand measure theory and advanced probability without the fundamentals of topology and analysis.

The most common degree hired by Goldman Sachs is a math PhD.
It sounds like you have that impression because you don't know what a math PhD involves, the academic job market, or the forefront of private-sector quantitative jobs.

I agree. I think most students go in having taken grad-level analysis, but I might be wrong. I know ugrad analysis is a prerequisite, not sure about topology

you're retarded and don't know shit about the math phd life
t. phd mathfag student

>basically the only job you can get with a Math degree is teaching
lmao i love that people unironically believe this

>t. undergrad

>t. tradesman

>t. Brainlet

uh i'm a phd student in math but thanks for the projection

Art major 200k starting any job I want

I just started my graduation at biophysics.

comfy is just a code word for boring desu

Incorrect.

I'm finishing a PhD in a mix of applied and theoretical comp sci in 6 weeks and wished I had done purely theoretical stuff with a better supervisor, or just entered the job market.

>t. straight up gay