What 25 technologies has man yet to achieve?

What 25 inventions or technologies has man yet to engineer

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MARAUDER
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brine_mining
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

efficient salt water desalination
not shit batteries

Fusion reactor
Relativistic travel
3D printed organs
Consciousness download
3D printed molecules
Interdimensional travel
Sentient personal AI assistants
Laser guns
Quantum computer universe simulators
Sub wavelength waveguides
Etc.

>Laser guns
Already on ships and planes.

A woman that isn't shit

Men? We just need robowombs.

Antigravity

females will veto it

man has yet to invent a dick superior to BBC

Define "efficient". We can desalinate water using only the power of the sun without first converting it to electricity. Its slow but that sounds fairly efficient.

If you can print an organ and a molecule you have a device that can print anything.

>consiousness download
Why are autists obsessed with this concept? Its not real immortality. Lets say ive devised a way to download your consiousness into a computer without killing you. How do you think you would experience this? You would still experience everything from your body's POV after the procedure. So how is this any more a form of immortality than cloning?

>protip: Its not. Your downloaded consiousness becomes its own nearly identical entity but still its own identity. You dont get to live its life.

We so clearly have. Have you never heard of bad dragon?

>protip: Its not. Your downloaded consiousness becomes its own nearly identical entity but still its own identity. You dont get to live its life.

citation

Does "not being retarded" count?

There is nothing to cite because nobody has ever done it before, and probably never will, lets use logic instead.

There are 2 possible scenarios of consiousness downloading:
1) Downloading your consiousness removes it from your original body. This leaves your original body either dead or in a vegetative state.
2) Your consiousness remains in your original body after downloading, and makes a copy.
If its scenario 2, nothing about your original mind and body has changed. Its all still there, and unless you believe in a "soul" (that can be digitally transferred mind you) its still the only source of stimuli from your point of view. Your downloaded consiousness would claim to be the original you because it would have all the same thoughts you would, until its stimuli had differed from yours for a long enough time to give it new experiences to draw from. However, YOU (the you that you live as) would be the only one to have any reason not to believe the download because you are the original. So, having 2 minds, with the same memories that can a) speak with one another and b) become different from one another over time means that clearly one entity does not occupy both minds. Thus separate entities. Why on Earth would you think you get to live as the download? If its scenario 1, of course the program claims to be the original you (just like last time) because why wouldnt it? (Look up boltzman brains just because) The OG you isnt around to tell anyone otherwise so everyone assumes it works. However, lets say we made a copy of your download, it is just 1s and 0s now after all, and put that copy into a biological body (assuming sufficient technology). Which one is YOU? It cant be both because that could violate causality in some cases, or would require some imaginary biological version of wireless communication. If its not both which one do YOU live as? The answer, unless you believe in magic, is the vegatable that started all of this.

We have laser guns, they just aren't very good at killing people compared to projectiles

dumb plastic toys dont compare to black dick.

>programable all purpose nanobots
>99% reliable crispr gene editing
>encyclopedia of gene and genetic 'language'
>interstellar travel
>quantum computer simulators
>plasma guns
>all around cool spaceships that could replace cars
>environmental gravity regulators
>quantum state sequencers
>molecular 3d printers

Just to leave a couple of immortal ghosts in case things go south.

:(

>yfw ghosts on earth are leftover ancient holoprojectors in orbit from ancient times that have been dzmaged or ran out of energy.

>engineer
>inventions

Post yfw you realize traps exist.

>99% reliable crispr gene editing

That's a funny way of spelling

GENETICLY ENGINEERED CAT PEOPLE

Jet packs that dont catch your legs on fire.
Compressed air jump packs that last more then one minute.
Downward fireing water cannon back packs that arnt dependant on a constant water intake.
Personal sized ducted fan based lifters that are the size of a skate board / back pack.
A lawn chair tied to helium balloons that won't tip over when balloons start popping.
Ultra light air frames that are able to land and take off in an urban environment with out a flight plan.

>Be me
>It's 2116
>CrispR genetic enhancement has lead to the creation of entirely new races.

>Initialy it was only a few rogue Veeky Forums that were massive weaboos that went underground.

>A few escaped experiments and a male and female later a new sentient race is born.

>/pol/ finally has a new race to be racist against
>World religions rocked at the creation of mew species. (Pun thuroughly intended)
>World peace established

>Be me
>Male Felinid
>I am sick of being called cute
>Forced to eek out a living as an Anime Convention mascot
>Tfw no gf
>At least I can see my tears in the dark
>Why was I born?
>Tfw it was because I was born to genius weaboos
>Tfw my tail and ears betrays all my emotions and lies.
>tfw still chase it sometimes

Why couldn't I just be normal?

We need to go deeper.

>Be me
>Male Felinid
>2222
>Global war and advanced weapons have destroyed the earth leaving only chimeras and humans with access to hidden voice activated holographic and laser technology.

>The world has forgotten all modern mathematics
>However the technology is still kept and known by a few "wizards" and monsters
>They merely think it's magic
>It's actually just implanted voice protocals that activate the hidden technology
>Tfw the protocals are in an archaic language no-one understands
>Tfw that language is "English"
>Humans label some of the other races demons
>Monsters roam the lands as if though the world has become a Final Fantasy Knockoff
>Magic returns to Gaia.

>Tfw literally everything I have just said is just a cycle and we have done this before in 10'000 BC +

JUST...

Whelp. Don't call it a grave.

[math]\mathtt{\color{pink}C\color{pink}A\color{pink}T\color{pink}G\color{pink}I\color{pink}R\color{pink}L\color{pink}S}\mathtt{\color{red}C\color{red}A\color{red}T\color{red}G\color{red}I\color{red}R\color{red}L\color{red}S}\mathtt{\color{pink}C\color{pink}A\color{pink}T\color{pink}G\color{pink}I\color{pink}R\color{pink}L\color{pink}S}[/math]
[math]\mathtt{\color{red}C\color{red}A\color{red}T\color{red}G\color{red}I\color{red}R\color{red}L\color{red}S}\mathtt{\color{pink}C\color{pink}A\color{pink}T\color{pink}G\color{pink}I\color{pink}R\color{pink}L\color{pink}S}\mathtt{\color{red}C\color{red}A\color{red}T\color{red}G\color{red}I\color{red}R\color{red}L\color{red}S}[/math]
[math]\mathtt{\color{pink}C\color{pink}A\color{pink}T\color{pink}G\color{pink}I\color{pink}R\color{pink}L\color{pink}S}\mathtt{\color{red}C\color{red}A\color{red}T\color{red}G\color{red}I\color{red}R\color{red}L\color{red}S}\mathtt{\color{pink}C\color{pink}A\color{pink}T\color{pink}G\color{pink}I\color{pink}R\color{pink}L\color{pink}S}[/math]

N-nyani?!

>Felinids were a result of ancient techpriest furries

>Carlos mcconnel confirmed for

A B S O L U T E

HERESY

He said guns, not defensive turrets. Pretty big difference there, but imo laser guns are gay, i would how every be very interested in some sort of long lasting plasma projectile based weapon.

i think it's pretty difficult to make but it would be a scary weapon to use. If made it could hypothetically take down armored vehicles very easily.

i doubt it would ever happen though.

penis enlargement

>Sentient personal AI assistants
that's a funny way to spell "overlord", little flesh-worm

What's the point when a bullet is cheaper, more efficient, and easily portable.

Can we start with:
1. Robots that aren't shit (death/fuck droid)
2. Good standards of living and sheit
3. Batteries that aren't shit
4. Fussion reactors
5. Next generation medicines antifungals-bacteria-virals + vaccines
6. Universal malarial/cancer treatment
7. Manufactured organs
8. Self improving computers
9. Nano technology
10. Reversible cryogenic freezing
11. Genetic immortality/ beat aging
12. Indoor farming/vertical 'greenhouse'
13. Better economic/political systems for post scarcity
14. Commercial space exploitation
15. Arcology/ civil trasport (hyperloop)
16. Long term space survival
17. World government
18. New more effective education methods (matrix?)
19. Trans genetics that work on those already born
20. Fully interactive VR and not glorified Wii remotes
21. Quantum computing
22. New materials (muh space elevators)
23. Mind reading, reading and interpreting the signals/ actually having a holistic knowledge of the brain, end of mental illness
24. 'Abiogenesis machine', human engineered conditions 'to create life' from 'raw conditions'
25. Non-chemical rockets/ next-gen propulsion

>ctrl+f
>neuro enhancement - 0 matches
its like all of you want to stay cavemen forever and be ruled by inhuman AI one day

Clearly not time (and therefore cost) efficient. Idk those seem like the two most important efficiencies to me.

Both are "you", or rather, there is no you. Humans don't seem to like that.

There is no such thing as an immaterial soul by which your consciousness is transposed to a new mind.

The closest thing to "consciousness download" would be a gradual augmentation or replacement of the brain such that continuity is preserved, as consciousness is not just an emergency property of the substrate's processes, but also the continuous process itself.

Copying your mind perfectly and recreating it would feel like seamless download to the new you, but to old you, you would still be in your body, as the you's would be on seperate "threads".

>but what about sleep
Mind is still running, albeit slowly.

"you" are the local process of conciousness; from the outside perspective, both are you, but from the internal subjective perspective, you are the process of the substrate that makes up your mind.

>Clearly not time (and therefore cost) efficient. Idk those seem like the two most important efficiencies to me.

The problem is waste. What do you do with the incredibly salty brine that's left over and would kill all life in the immediate area if you dumped it back into the sea?

wtf is attenuation? forget laser weapons unless you're in space

>i doubt it would ever happen though.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MARAUDER

>the project's initial success led to it being classified

Room temperature superconductors
Working neurolelectric interfacing (the present ones damage the nerves over time)

>The problem is waste.
No. "Waste" is just a resource not yet exploited.

>What do you do with the incredibly salty brine that's left over and would kill all life in the immediate area if you dumped it back into the sea?
You just refine it further to extract salt and gypsum. Then you continue evaporating in the remains until you extract metals such as gold and uranium.

All of this are commercially traded goods.

My digital clone would be very happy

>ctrl +f
>no metallic hydrogen

Hardly an invention, more a possible but not yet fully confirmed discovery. The pressure required is insanely high. What do you propose to use it for?

>17. World government

well, its a super conductor.

>batteries that dont lose any energy in transit from wires of battery to components.

>potential for hyper efficient turbines generating and transferring current from power plants, only energy lost would be to friction

>ability to have voltages passing through a wire of metallic hydrogen that would melt standard copper ones.

Cat-girl as pet/companion.

You're leaving out a scenario 3 of transforming someone from a mind operating on one medium to a mind operating on another medium, so that there is neither a dead body nor a duplicate.
Imagine transforming one neuron at a time into computer chips until someone's entire brain had been rebuilt with computational hardware/software. They'd be fully "uploaded" when their brain was fully transformed, and there would only be one of them.

go home /r9k/
women would want them even more than men do, as it lets them have children without the pains of pregnancy

>No. "Waste" is just a resource not yet exploited.
If it's not economically usable, it's waste.

>You just refine it further to extract salt and gypsum. Then you continue evaporating in the remains until you extract metals such as gold and uranium.

>All of this are commercially traded goods.

Not at the concentrations in question. If you want to become rich and famous by figuring out how to fix that, more power to you.

yeah I imagine that this would have to be a near perfectly seamless transfer, but still the only "true" for of digitizing a mind

The last three times I've come to this website every drawn image I see with legs in it is horribly disproportioned
Is art culture really so fucked that nobody studies the human figure anymore?

>Is art culture really so fucked that nobody studies the human figure anymore?

Broadly speaking, yes. People learn to draw for fun; they don't pick up the technical fundamentals until they get serious, and people can make every excuse in the book for avoiding those.

Artistic license... also modern "artist" emphasis the body parts based on their interpretation of appeal.

>well, its a super conductor.
Is it confirmed yet?

And the pressure is so insanely high that we have not been able to recreate this phase here on Earth. How then are we supposed to exploit this commercially? One could use YBCO instead - LN2 cooling at normal pressure is child's play in comparison.

>If it's not economically usable, it's waste.
It is economically useable, for instance as a precursor to the huge evaporation lakes used to extract salt. And precipitation of gypsum is a know problem is the conditions go wrong.

More info at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brine_mining

FTL Travel
FTL Communication
Sentient Machines
Fusion Reactors (Although Krauts are getting close)
Cybernetic Limbs Controlled Via the Brain
Interdimensional Travel
Extradimensional Travel
Space Elevators
Moon Bases
Mars Bases
Flying Cities on Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune
Affordable 3D printers

I'm pretty sure there's a youtube video titled as your answer

A cure for crohn's...

>MASS
>PRODUCED
>GOYIM

Already exist's but is damaging for long term use (adderal, vyvannes, etc.).

That also requires an enormous land area.

Raw paleo.

What rewards a perfect figure anymore? Perfection is a photoshopped picture.