Postmodernism and Memes

Has anyone ever done an analysis of the relation between postmodernism and the meta-ironic nature of memes so prevalent in internet culture? I'm interesting in learning more about this topic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RceYg112JUE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

jesus who fucking cares there are literal fascists at the door

who /meme fatigue/ here?

Have you ever done an analysis of the relation between your phobia of the authoritarian right and certain extremely effective propaganda campaigns performed between 1940 and 1990 by the United States and the Soviet Union? I'm interested in learning more about this topic.

dude so ironic lol xD

Can we just start calling memes jokes again please?
Hopefully that will help the anti-human ultra ironic ones die.

Have you ever done an analysis of the relation between your mom's erogenous areas and certain extremely in her words satisfying maneuvers performed between 11:37pm and 1:12am last night by me and my dick? I'm interested in learning more about this topic.

Yeah.

There is no escape from the meme matrix.

Historians will look back and say, "Arguably, Donald Trump was the last internet meme."

Read Girard's mimetic theory.

Peter Thiel understands internet memes.

Have you not ever not done an analysis of the relation between a particular arbitrary concept and another particular but distinct arbitrary concept? I'm interested in not learning less about this topic.

Postmodernism is a garbage tier ideology that is nested in Marxist doctrine.
Soon.

the "extremely effective propaganda campaign" you refer to is essentially uh what's it called or right 'enlightenment values' which have governed western history for centuries, so don't blame world war ii fascist

What's the difference between narrative and structure?

Hint: nothing.

fucking /pol/ kiddies watched peterson for 6 hours straight and now they think they are big-shot philosophers

go back

Daily reminder that "Enlightenment values" have progressed the human race farther in less time than any primitive value systems before it. Especially religion.

for you

bitches dont know about negative dialectics

were regressing through progress

it's the difference between how a meme acts and what a meme looks like

wow this is a really COOl post my man really good post I'm reading it I read it 5 times by now oops I read it 7 now hahaha I can't stop reading your post I want to marry this post now that I think about it really GOOD post I'm just kind of not even sure how to proceed from here ahaha I'm a little nervous sorry

Regressing relative to what, exactly?

The "post-ironic" memes or whatever have run their course. Just look at [s4s] to see where they lead, and how embarrassing that place is.

Now new memes are firmly set in a value structure, and you cucks can't do anything about it

>hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr im retarded

Really makes you think. Perhaps, when things are so obviously retarded they are bait, or satirical?

However, I guess some people need to signal their superiority at every turn, and do not even posses the intellect to do it correctly. What I'm saying is that you are the retard, retard.

seriously fuck off

You claim that he is signaling his superiority, and then proceed to signal your superiority by calling him a retard.

Yes, retard. I'm allowed to do it, as I posses the required intellectual ability to call myself superior.

>memelogy

PoMo was a mistake

What kind of meme is this?

it's the "trying too hard normie meme" type

Define "normie."

outsider, layman, person who has no Veeky Forums background (aka does well in life)

>progressed

sell your salvation teleology elsewhere. all you're doing is turning the enlightenment/communism/technological progress etc. into another christianity

still thirsting after all this time for nothing but a return to the womb

anthropomorphized_frog_drawn_with_a_smug_expression_in_a_situation_with_bald_man_with_expression_of_intense_frustration_implying_bald_man_is_powerless.jpg

I don't know, at least they found a way subvert that insufferable fag suffix that /b/ started pimping really hard circa 2010

Also anything that helps take deflate lol is okay by me; I'd take laffo or kek all day over lol.

Oh and also the stupid as fuck shit that gets turned into with the post roulette threads.

lol what a fag

their impact was minimal, their memes have already been phased out
they didn't subvert anyone but themselves, kek wasn't their creation, and check my dubs

wow so ironic lol xD very clever my dude hahaha. you must be a true intellectual

Memes are just internet graffiti. There's nothing postmodern about them.

/s4s/ is awful and full of redditors who don't understand humour.

tru

What the fuck am I watching

youtube.com/watch?v=RceYg112JUE