What IQ will I need to understand this?

What IQ will I need to understand this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2Op3QLzMgSY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>compsci
anywhere above 80

More like /dpg/ + become a trap like pic related, but actually become gay and not hate crossdressing

Most of these books are graduate level math books. I'd say you need an IQ of at least 130. But you don't need to know them to post on /g/

Only like two are.

>Hegel
kek

Grad Math:
> Arora-Barak
> Approximation Algorithms
> Big Rudin
> Probabilistic Method
> Algebra by Serge Lang

Grad Physics:
> Landau-Lipshitz

120-125

If those count then generatingfunctionology and kolmogorov would count too I think.

they're self contained and pretty much entry level.

the only reason they aren't in undergrad, is because there's a ton of more important stuff to do.

What's more important than Real & Complex analysis?

100 + existing high knowledge of math × dedication

80, because no smart person would waste so much time on meme books.

>most
>6/30

Not too bright eh

>Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus
>
>

>meme books

Even Wittgenstein later knew it was shit.

Lang is a bad author, GEB is a meme, Rudin is a meme, How To Solve It is completely redundant, Proofs from the Book is irrelevant, Hegel is a meme, Kolmorogov Complexity is so niche that it's a meme

Lang's the required textbook for grad abstract algebra at Berkeley, UCLA, etc.

Lang is much better than all the others. He gets to the point, and teaches very well Algebra is a classic

Give me a better book on analysis on the same level as Rudin

What's the gif from?

youtube.com/watch?v=2Op3QLzMgSY

Cheers

This is amazing. A fine lecture recorded back in 1986 is now here, on Veeky Forums, 31 years later. No one would've guessed that one day they'll appear on some Taiwanese papercraft forum

real analysis royden fitzpatrick

This list of books was clearly made by an idiot who never read any of them and just plastered here and there things that are difficult, or look difficult, or are complete fucking memebooks

Hegel is not a meme, it's just completely fucking irrelevant to computer science

t. brainlet

>big rudin
>grad
>lang's algebra
>grad
>landau's first 4 volumes
>grad
>approximation algos
>grad
>probabilistic method
>grad
If you're uncapable of reading (and understanding) these books in undergrad, you don't belong to uni. These books can be understood by highschoolers that are interested in math/physics. Most undergrads should be capable of it after first year.
Lang is good for undergrad (the grad version) but shit for grad, there's no good book for algebra on grad-level, you have to get a book on each topic.
Zorich. It doesn't cover everything Rudin does, but Rudin doesn't cover everything Zorich does.
Ouch, not a good introductory anal book which is what Rudin is.

What books/topics do I need to know in algebra/topology before I can go on to books like Alg. Top. by Hatcher or May?

I've done some topology already (a 2-semester course with some alg.top. at the end) and I'm currently going through Aluffi Chapter 0 (has categorical stuff thrown into the general algebra mix, goes up to homological algebra)

I took classes using these books in undergrad but they were labelled as graduate classes.

hey its that faggot from a week or so ago

>tfw nothing turns me on more than nonsense shitposts about crossdressing but I hate computer "scientists"

>The C Programming Language
40th percentile IQ.
>Learn You A Haskell for Great Good!
45th percentile IQ.
>SICP
50th percentile IQ.
>The Art of CP
55th percentile IQ.

Those are the only ones I ever got around touching. If you're on Veeky Forums, you'll be able to understand all of them, even if you're a stupid engineer.

>hey its that faggot from a week or so ago
Why the homophobia?

It's optional at UCLA, the algebraists here tend to give rather thorough lectures such as Merkurjev & Elman

t. Bruinfag

Apostol's analysis book, Pugh's Real Mathematical Analysis, Spivak's Calculus on Manifolds (for chapters 9 and 10 in Rudin)

you're thinking of non engineering brainlet CS