Hunter will never write about the sad state of American politics during and after the 2016 elections

>Hunter will never write about the sad state of American politics during and after the 2016 elections

Why live?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xrBR1YxfJf8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If he didn't kill himself then, he would have fucking lost it when trump won. Probably take a couple people with him.

It is very sad though. I'd have bought it.

Hunter would have supported rand paul for the fucker was against corruption of any kind or the ability to be corrupt.

Rand was probably the biggest disappointment of 2016. He's a sellout, not even half the man his father is.

I don't think Hunter would have been a fan of anyone running in 2016, but he definitely seems like he'd have been a Ron Paul man.

the tone in this discussion reminds me of relationship acorns. and not in a good way

Thompson would just get called a cuck and dismissed if he tried anything in this day and age.

if he was going to try something, it would probably involve booze, drugs and lots of guns. kind of hard to call someone a cuck when they're screaming about the god-damned bats and firing shots at you.

HST was very much the same kind of politician Trump is. Compare their campaigns, there's loads of similarities.

Also he absolutely hated the Clintons.

>Hunter
>Politician

He ran on a platform of decriminalizing drugs and tearing up streets. It was just a prank, user.

Their style and how people reacted to them was very similar.

youtube.com/watch?v=xrBR1YxfJf8

campaign style isn't the same as same kind of person, or same politics.

Trump just declared the new york times a threat to the american people. I doubt HST would have felt anything less than unbridled hatred for Trump.

>why live

But the corporate media is the most corrupt industry in the country. NYT is a part of that and probably the most powerful of them all.

>muh lolbertarianism
>blue haired trannies waving dildos in the street is okay because we're just liberals who like capitalism, dude!
>non aggression, brah!
>borders are a gubmint program fuck that
>yeah I don't care if we get displaced by Mexicans and they vote against us Fuck borders
>dude drugs lmao

>tfw no one cares about you thousand-page book on Hegel

Bwing Zizek is suffering.

Don't /pol/ up my thread, you inbred faggot.

>sad
Trump won you idiot

You literally started your thread talking about politics, get a brain

>implying /pol/ and politics are the same thing
not even OP, but jesus christ

Maybe you'd feel more comfortable on /r/politics.

You literally started a thread about politics here, dipshit.

I've been coming here for 7 years. If you think a bunch of edgy lunatics shitposting about how hitler did nothing wrong is in any way to be considered political discourse, you need to get your shit together.

Maybe one could argue that he was a populist candidate but that is not the equivalent of the same kind of politician

>HST was not a politician

>inb4 herr derr not getting muh ironic nazi memeing you need to step up yer game and take the red pill cuck pol is not alt right pol is not fascist pol are the smartest peepol on urf having profound intellectual discussions under the guise of pre-post-ironic racism this is internet back to Ieddit with you tender snowflake we like hard truths here
every tiem

>Veeky Forums is for the discussion of literature, specifically books (fiction & non-fiction), short stories, poetry, creative writing, etc. If you want to discuss politics, go to /pol/.

Mexicans are conservatives on every issue but immigration, it's just that's the one that's most important to them. Similar things could be said of blacks and Muslims. Republicans could have a complete monopoly on government forever if they weren't so intent on antagonizing every group that agrees with them but happens to be brown.

>HST was not a politician
They said the same thing about Trump. It's a moot point either way.

Both were outsider candidates who threw a wrench in the machine and got people riled up. They were both seen as 'radical'. People called HST psychotic, as they did with Trump. Thompson said he could do reprehensible things like walk around with bombs drugged out of his mind and people would still vote for him, just like Trump said people would still vote for him even if he shot someone in the street. People were saying they would move out of the county if Thompson won. People were saying they wanted a businessman in charge in both cases. Both were fighting the establishment. Both got a lot of new, young voters to turn out.

I'm obviously not talking about their policies.

>/pol/ is the politics board of Veeky Forums
>posts about politics in other boards of Veeky Forums
>doesnt want the main political opinions of the politics board to show in his thread
Just go to reddit and stay there desu
And Hunter would probably preffer Trump over Hillary, but who can really know, the guy was legit insane

>being this buttblasted by memes that dont fit your worldview
Classic reddit, everytime

Anyone who seriously thinks that Thompson would have preferred Trump to Hillary has obviously never read a word of the man's writing. Trump is almost exactly the perfect apotheosis of every single thing that Thompson raged against in American politics. Did he hate the Clintons? Absolutely, but he also hated Nixon, and said that he would have gladly voted for Nixon over the Bush/Cheney ticket. Hunter was a brilliant political analyst, and understood the last half century of American politics better than almost anyone I can think of.

I do realize americans live their entire lifes in make believe land, but do you people honestly fail to see how HST would probably suck Bernie Sander's dick on national television if it meant him winning? He is pretty much this year's version of the guys HST always lined up with (like McGovern)

Well, no biggie. He hadn't done it well since the mid 70s.

you should write.
>Awesome that he will never ramble like a brain damaged coke addict about politics and football again

Ohhhhhh fuuuuuuuck meeeeee. I would have fucking LOVED to hear what Hunter S. fucking Thompson would have had to say about not just Trump's Presidency, in fact FUCK Trump's Presidency! I want to hear what he'd say about the castrated male feminists, the racist BLM movement, all this talk of anti-fascism when the SJWs are the true fascists, along with the glorification of Communism by the diseducated masses in College and how the religion of Islam is hailed as a forward-thinking, Liberal, feminist, fantastical ideology and religion of freedom when in fact it's the polar opposite of pretty much all of those things!

Hunter Thompson, WHY did you leave us to suffer without your guidance and wisdom?! We need you now, more than EVER!

Trump is so much better than Bush

Technically that's yet to be seen. That's like saying Bush is so much better than Reagan or Clinton back in 2001 before the twin towers were hit. He had the highest approval rating; people loved him. Still, I do hope that Trump ends up being one of the greatest Presidents to ever run the United States. If for not other reason, to rub it in the 3rd wave feminist's, BLM member's, and SJW's faces that they cried and bitched for nothing.

t. underage who's only read Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Based on everything you've typed, you and he would be on polar opposite ends of the spectrum bud.

Jfc, does anyone actually read Thompson?

>omg Trump is literally hitlers ;_; he is so angry I bet he doesnt even smoke weed like obongo he was such a chill suave dude he dindu nuffin
*obama and clinton sending drones to bomb children
>omg trump so fascist we are need le drug addict, mentally ill, suicidal mane to save uss

Trump is the best thing that could had happened
Fucking even Zizek knows it
Why does Veeky Forums has to be full of lefty liberals and antifa who still think they are somehow the counter culture?
Do you really think women are the opressed sex when 70% of the suicide cases are male?
Are you really on the side of PC censorship? Dont you love literature? The actual left wants to destroy all that you fucking idiots
The worst thing about Hillary wansnt Hillary herself, is all that SJW culture behind it, the exact kind of people who are hiring "sensitive readers" to censor any literature works that dont shit the PC bullshit, do you want people like that gaining more important positions?
Please stop already, whats your fucking problem?

How did Rand sell out? By endorsing Trump?

100% this, and that's coming from a Trump and HST fan

Zizek thinks Trump winning is good because he's such a colossal turd that things HAVE to change

>The actual left wants to destroy all that you fucking idiots
You might want to come out of your basement and look around every once in a while. All the PC/feminism/SJW "problems" virtually don't exist outside of internet and colleges. Everyone is dumb idealistic in college, then they grow up. It's been like that for centuries. In short: get a fucking life and stop observing the world through pol and r9k catalogs, you pathetic piece of shit.

You'd have labelled him a cuck anyway

Yeah I know!
Is a win win situation

You dont think all that college scum can't clime up into political postions?

>get a life virginn xP
Not an argument.

Some will grow up, concern themselves with real world problems and eventually may get somewhere. Others won't. Your kind, on the other hand, will forever be raging against the next imaginary "enemy of the people scum" seeking to place their anger and frustration of being utter failure on someone but themselves.

Thank GOD

>i can't read
Feel free to fuck off.

Surprised it took us this long to get the right answer. Though I do wonder how he would have reacted once it went down to Clinton-Trump. No way he would have earnestly supported either one of them, but I can almost imagine him supporting Trump in a manner similar to Zizek, as a force to destroy a corrupt and complacent political machine. But then again, it's also not too far-fetched to imagine him biting the bullet and supporting Hillary because of how much he felt was at stake, basically his idea that as awful as Nixon was, he was still less of a corrupt monster than Bush. At the very least I'm sure he could have churned out a poignant, despairing essay for us on the topic.

>says the guy posting on Veeky Forums
Ok dude, is not my fault being happy about that fucking Hillary clinton (a person responsable for the deaths of lots of people) isnt the president of the most powerful nation in the world
Is not like Trump is the seccond visit of Jesus, but it was a shit or shit situation, and I'm glad the shit who murders people didnt get elected, the shit who is supported by others shitheads who think all inmigrants are somehow sacred while they shame on people who actually live near borders, while they are making the "change" or "revolution" using their IPhone s made by kids in Vietnam.
Trump is a crash with reallity and hopefully will wake up a little bit, in a way or other. Call me a loser, whatever man, I will still be happy. Bye.

I-I've read and liked Less than Nothing...

I think Thompson would be pro-Trump.

iphone are made by chinks you homo

I wonder what HST would have thought about violent leftist anti Trump protesters, considering he got his shit kicked in at the 1968 DNC himself and got quite traumatized by it.

not even close. 54 year old who's even read King Jellyfish.

Jesus what are you doing here?

Are you Hunter's son or something?

I think we'd have a repetition of the Humphrey x McGovern debacle, tbqh, but I doubt he'd be pro-Trump in any regard. specially considering how close to latin America he always felt.

HST was both pro-violence amd a leftist, you retard.

Idk, he was pretty fucking disillusioned in his final years. If he maintained those attitudes I could almost picture him supporting Trump not because he was the 'right' choice, but because America deserved to implode and he was the candidate most equipped to enable that.

Didn't rand say congress shouldn't investigate Trump's because they "have more important things to do?" It sounds like he doesn't care about corruption as long as he can repeal Obamacare

>HST was both pro-violence amd a leftist, you retard.
if anything, he was a libertarian with some progressive values, you retard

didn't keep him from calling Arabs sandniggers and bashing queers in his early days

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>Trump is anything other than a retarded manbaby good at riling up retards

Democracy was a mistake.

>clinton murders people

For fuck's sake. You morons are everywhere. Alex Jones needs a fora so you troglodytes can be contained.

You should visit the Hans-Hermann Hoppe threads in /pol/, you'll be right at home there.

He was born into a different age of an ethos of patriotism and public service, a trait probably left over from his days at the Air Force, and even into the twenty-first century you can see the fingerprints of this mindset at work in his writing - he probably saw himself as something of a misunderstood servant to the public.

>wanting to hear yet another person chime in with their spin on the "fuck donald DRUMPF" meme
I don't even watch tv or read the news anymore because it's just a game of one upsmanship trying to see who shit on trump the most. It's all very low effort and annoying, even if you dislike trump yourself.

He'd certainly offer a more situation-accurate opinion than most media nowadays, it'd be good to hear the opinion of a voice from another time on our current crisis - you have no idea of how much shit the American public has flat-out forgotten from events from the Cold War, and reading about them makes me think that things are certainly not as terrible nowadays as they could be, the only great flaw of our age is that we have no idea of how we're going to move from our current political paradigm.

What? Trump is about speaking his mind, no matter how much people might not like it. A far cry from the dishonest Nixon that he so hated.

I doubt Thompson would be persuaded to vote Trump because "he says it like it is lol".

Trump doesnt speak his mind. He speaks what he thinks is in his supporters mind.

His opinions on anything and everything massively change depending on who is audience. By changing positions more often than a weathervane, Trump has ensured that for practically any opinion or policy stance there is a soundbite of Trump supporting it, opposing it, and everything in between.

Trump acts as a vehicle for those dissatisfied with current politicians to project their wishes onto.

He seems pretty consistent to me.