Why aren't you translating

>tfw translating literature for fun and because I though it would a great excercise to improve my writing levels
>tfw I never expected it to be like making a cover of a better musician
Holy shit, translating literature gives you a really deeper understanding, like much deeper shit than simply reading.

I was literally mindblowed by how diferent is to translate a piece than simply reading, like the diference between being a nu male no musician listening some music and trying to cover that song, not even comparable, and certainly a much deeper and richer experience.

Also, I was forced to think about every word and forced to search for those words I didn't knew in english, some words I didn't even knew in my native, taco speak, the language of the aztecs cochroaches.

I feel I've improved and feel like, if you allow me, doing a workout routine, it feels so good.

Wow, it was a new experience and I feel stronger because of it.

No contest, translating is the way to go, there's not even comparison between simple reading and translating a piece.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_period_hypothesis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>learning any language other than english

3/1/2017: the day Veeky Forums discovered the value of translations

>he thinks my english is native

I really want to teach myself French, what is the best product to help me do that?

>Holy shit, posting frogs gives you a really deeper understanding, like much deeper shit than simply shitposting.
>I was literally mindblowed by how diferent is to post frogs than simply memeing, like the diference between being a nu male no musician listening some music and trying to cover that song, not even comparable, and certainly a much deeper and richer experience.
>Also, I was forced to think about every frog and forced to search for those rare ones I didn't have on my PC, some frogs I haven't even seen at all, not even on /r/Veeky Forums.
>I feel I've improved and feel like, if you allow me, doing a workout routine, it feels so good.
>Wow, it was a new experience and I feel stronger because of it.
>No contest, frogposting is the way to go, there's not even comparison between simple autism and spamming Pepe the Meme.

focus on the vocabulary, that's 99% of learning a language, grammar is like the 1%.

focus on learning the vocabulary by stages, like learning first the top 100 verbs, adverbs and adjectives.

leave the nouns by the end.

hello roddittor.
only a rodditor gets triggered by pepe.

>I didn't knew
>knew

You've a long road ahead.

is very easy to guess that I'm not native.

Neither am I.

>focus on the vocabulary, that's 99% of learning a language, grammar is like the 1%.
Why are you giving advice non topics you don't understand, retardo? Most indoeuropean languages aren't as autistically analytical as English and grammar plays a major role.

Frogposting in 2017 is the prerogative of 13 year olds and mentally deficient /pol9k/ users, famalam.

because grammar can be learn in a couple of days.

also grammar is learned trhough practice.

vocabulary is the hard part of learning a language.

Begin with translating the shit you wrote into proper english, faggot

I'm not a native, would you like to help me with my worse mistakes?

Every sentence in your post is blatantly wrong. Learn a couple of proper languages before posting shit, Juan.

I think I'm using spanish grammar with english words, so some shit could come up as funny or weird.

everyone does it.

Brilliant.

It's not wrong linguistically, it's wrong semantically. Grammar can't be learned in a couple of days in most languages. It certainly isn't learned through practice and vocabulary is literally just memorizing with no actual work.

do you think babies learn grammar trough reading grammar books, faggot?

do you think 3 year old kids have spent time reading grammar books?

I'm trying to explain him how to learn a language like a baby.

I don't

I agree. Translating literature is truly patrician.

Are you legitimately retarded or are you trolling?

answer it then.

do you think babies magically study grammar like adults does?

grammar is learn by practice.

also the fact after a certain age, we'll speak other languages using our own native language as a mental base.

>also the fact after a certain age, we'll speak other languages using our own native language as a mental base.
This is why you can't learn like a baby after a certain age.
Babies also don't read dictionaries.

Because after preteen years your brain mental structures solidify in your native language.

You can change such structures when you're a small children, but not when you're an adult.

that's why japs can't speak english even if they want.

Now I understand burgers' hatred for your kind. Your stupidity is fascinating, but please don't reproduce.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_period_hypothesis

newfag.

Are you translating from English to Spanish or Spanish to English?

I speak 4 languages and am very much aware of the ""hypothesis"". Half the shit you're babbling here is wrong and all of the advice concerning language learning is actually harmful. For the last time: learn some proper languages. Your middle school tier grasp of English is not a sufficient reason to dole out bad recommendations and shitpost about linguistics and learning techniques. Now go back to translating and stop shitting up the board with frogs and autism.

I feel like you flipped your stance somewhere during this debate

english to spanish.

I'm talking from personal experience.

I'm aware didn't knew is wrong gramatically, but didn't know feel wrong somehow.

Spics confirmed to be retarded once again

>I'm talking from personal experience.
You shouldn't because yours is minimal. It sounds like a freshman who took Econ 101 yesterday explaining others how to end world poverty.

educate me then, rather than bragging about shit I don't know.

Educate yourself, Juan. It's not my job. Just stop giving advice on shit you don't yet know.

my advice is basically learn a language like a baby, what's wrong with it?

Try to stop being so retarded.

Another user here. I can't decide what language I should learn. I already speak and read four (Russian, English, Norwegian,Polish). You sound like a wise man, could you recommend a language?

>buying shit
The FSI courses are free lad. They're the best resource I've found.

>learning Polish
Who would do such a thing?

French or Spanish or Italian or Portuguese. In that order.

You're wrong, you will never learn grammar just by practicing and it most certainly is not just 1% of learning a language. Babies don't learn grammar through recognizing speech patterns of their parents, they learn it through school and reading books. You learn it through analyzing it with the help of a book and understanding it, grammar is all about understanding logic.

Grammar is a huge part of learning a language that you have to practice a lot, unless you want to be one of these mongrels that constantly conjugates verbs wrong and speaks like a mentally disabled child.

t. Guy who speaks 4 languages fluently, planning to learn his 5th.

Learn a romance language like Spanish or French, or an Asian language like Chinese or Japanese, they are a completely different experience from the Slavic/Germanic languages you know.

Thinking of translating "Industrial Society and its Future" to spanish now that the Kaczynskiwave is picking up pace and start ca$hing in on it before it hits my country

y/n

That's a good idea. I'm gonna start tonight and beat you to it.

I speak N1 level Japanese

What country
Maybe we can arrange this the traditional way, i.e. start an ecofascist translation cartel

Had some Polish friends. It started with KURWA and never stopped

I would rather die than read a translated book, hope you burn in hell if you willingly translate.

>I would rather die
please do

I heard polish was one of the harder modern languages to learn. How long did it take you?

Not before I translate my fist to your face.

>being that much of an angry autistic virgin
please please die

Three years, but I knew Russian, so I bet it was easier than normal for me. Tongue twisters are very important if you want to learn Polish, as Polish pronounciation is tricky sometimes

How did you even read the Greeks?

I spoke with wise men, talked with sage fellows, I spun yarns in circles with others. I watched monks meditate, I talked with children, I listened to the sea. I am Greek.