The Veeky Forums space programme

We are looking for people who are good with math and science and are willing to help
This is a serious project, so if you aren't going to help you will be kicked
discord.gg/UYHE67

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/bPbvAf
discord.gg/56rGS2
discord.gg/WButmc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Whoa there you will kick me out of your space program

We need to hear more about your goals before we consider joining. Are you trying for a spaceplane or railgun or something else? Will it carry humans or just payloads? Are you aiming to explore the solar system or just reach orbit?

Well, most things will either contain just payloads or frogs. Our final goal is to make an orbital satellite, whilst our first project is high-altitude baloon with small froggo.

Are you trying to build a capsule for the froggy, try for a save reentry and attempt recovery or do you just want to space freeze a froggo for the keks?

discord link does not work

A BALLOON IS NOT A SPACE PROGRAM

Alright. I joined discord and I'm a mech engineer.

The discord is a mess. Some people are planning the balloon, some people are already mixing rocket fuel.
There is no single plan

In my freetime I build high power rockets and my biggest can fly 3 km high. Can i join?

>have an aerospace engineering degree
>go to discord
>admin chimps out and wont give me a role because I wont send him a picture of my transcript or some shit

Tell your admins to stop being massive faggots

>go on discord
>say "i came from Veeky Forums" and nothing else
>instantly become scientist

"I'm from /g/. Instant tech wiz

I'm from /diy/
Immediatly become gay.

I'm from /pol/

Immediately go bald

>say I'm from Veeky Forums
>Immediately gain another inch of nose length

which admin?

seems pretty legit bois

if you harm a froggo, there will be serious consequences.

don't be stupid for the love of Kek

I'm from /a/

Immediately speak and know japanese

extreme efforts are being made to ensure the safety and survival of Kek's child
froggo lives matter

I don't remember, i think his name had "general" or something in it

it's very naughty to obfuscate what actually happened to make yourself look better, Spiah

General Bu Gai is not an admin, he was just some autist that was curious of if you were actually telling the truth about your degree
odds are you do not possess one, for only a liar would get so defensive and snippy so quickly when questioned on if they actually had one

now take your autistic screeching and fuck off

say, "I'm from /k/", receive strange looks.

Go into detail about launching frog into space on tip of massive cannon.

banned.

/sarcasm

You are more like a redditor than actual fucking redditors
holy balls you fucking troglodyte
take off that goddamn tripcode you sorry disgrace of a human being

nice comeback, did you think of that one yourself, or did you buy the "Psyop lite" package from shareblue?

>accuses me of being a paid shill
>on the science board of Veeky Forums
>for pointing out that he's a colossal faggot that does not belong due to his actions
go home ass bandit

Do you still believe that the earth is flat?

I can't believe this /pol/ pipedream isn't fucking dead yet

I wish I had a screenie of the OP to show just how fucking braindead it is

I could whip up a rocket and send a frog into space fairly easily.

your discord link is dead friendo

>Kerosene and liquid oxygen for fuel
>timber frame and aluminum body/nosecone/guide-fins
>pvp piping for fuel lines
>plastic fuel cannisters
>steel combustion chamber
>machined nozzle
>welds for metal and glue for plastic fuel lines

I figure 10 feet high by about 3 feet wide. Single stage. 2 tons or so fully loaded.

Straight launch and no guidance. Up and down.

Fuel is the only cost, as you can get the rest from scrap.

Sure ya could

>sending a frog to space
Who's the autist here

discord link is dead you autists

discord.gg/bPbvAf

It's expired lad

admins of the discord are massive faggots please hang yourself, the project could go a lot faster without you.

Very interesting thing, my dudes. I point out flaws in the organization of the whole thing, mainly people solving issues and then those issues being treated as unsolved when the retard gang forms in voice chat. There was no way to get to them, they wouldn't read the text even if you mentioned them, I can only treat that as purposeful ignoring of actual contributors. I got pissed and wrote a polite (not insulting anyone) message pointing out the issues one last time before I left. Now, I try to rejoin the server to see if organization is improved, and as expected, based on reactions in these threads, I've been banned, for reasons unknown to me. I tried to join on another account and with a VPN, they actually chose the option to delete all my past messages, where I've actually contributed a lot towards the design of the electronics and radio (with a few other active people). They apparently ignore people trying to help, something I don't see a motive to do? If anyone from management could enligten me as to why this is so, I'll be here. Anyway, they choose to backtrack days of design work, it's their choice. All I have to say is good luck.

By the way, I have to mention I'd pointed out the issues a few times before that and I already let one evening of ignoring all input from me and another guy slide. I thought it'd pass, but they continued and now apparently all of the stuff that was solved is being solved again from what I could see from my brief visit with the throwaway account.

>Veeky Forums
>doing anything substantial irl

i could supply you with all the woodfrogs you want, from many different populations.
i could also help you fags learn what you need to know about animal/amphibian physiology and sensing.
but whats in it for me?

Civilians have made it to space before in rocket competitions with solid fuel rockets which are easier to build than liquid fuel ones

Veeky Forums has a several year history of doing substantial shit irl
this will just be one of the only genuinely productive things ever done

What is the name of the frog going to be though

Veeky Forums once wrote and self-published a book.
it was awful.

"Froggo"

How new are you, /pol/ lives on pipe dreams

>there are huge countries without space programs
>"hurr we'll make one guys"
i hope this is a joke, there are better ways to waste your time.

>clicks link
>expired
>ask for new link
>nothing
>new thread
>click link
>expired

kms myself

discord.gg/56rGS2

whoops
>all these no fun allowed posters
this is why you're do-nothing NEETs

I make model rockets.

I just need to scale one up. Legality is the biggest problem. Money is the problem if we're talking payload and orbit.

>i just need to scale one up
oh boy

Yes.

The math is easy to reach space with a given weight, thrust and fuel load.

A straight run to space is simple if that's all you intend to do. Single stage kerosene + liquid ox.

froggo must go up and come back down in non-paste form

Well, that's harder, but not out of realistic bounds.

You'd need:

>oxygen for payload (frogger container in nosecone); frogger needs to be tied down
>thermal protection on the nosecone exterior and heat insulation inside the nosecone
>parachute deployment system in nosecone
>nosecone separation at your desired height, so as soon as you hit space in other words

You'll need to adjust trajectory after launch, so you'd need radio controlled mechanical control fins, and you want them to change heading at a specific time after launch so that reentry isn't as hot (parabolic rather than up and down)

Anyone want to start a splinter Kik group?
FederalSafe987
(Need at least one more person to start it)

>I'm from /po/
Immediately a KKK Member

It seems like we've thought of that actually.

By the way, yeah, people rediscussing again the things on voice chat is kinda a problem, but we can just ignore them. Also, it seems like it stopped for a bit.

May the truth be spoken

working link please?

This

How retarded do you have to be to keep making non-infinie links?

Infinite* aka links that don't expire

>using infinite links
that only ends poorly
better to keep track on who's coming in and just make new ones than to leave the gates wide open for turbo shitters

Atleast have it until thread dies or some shit? Makes no sense to make 4 every day, keeps track of nothing. You can expire infinite link any time you want

>Hey I'm an engineer and I can help
>WOW STOP GLOATING FUCKING AUTIST

What the actual fuck

>discord
Why though? Why not IRC?

if you wanted to check if he was a monkey or not, just give him some PDEs

it expired, got another one?

I joined it the first day out of amusement. The most they'll ever accomplish is probably launching a weather balloon with a frog in it. They actually think they'll somehow garner the expertise to manufacture an orbital rocket.

Also there's no organization or semblance of authority. About half the people in the "Veeky Forums" division have no engineering, physics, or mathematical background. And some folk actually think having "general knowledge" will actually assist in the design of a rocket.

I will say, if they do somehow managed to get organized and have their Veeky Forums department filled exclusively with engineers and physics, they'll may finally realize that it isn't possible for a rag-team of shitposters to build a rocket.

My biggest fantasy is to round up a bunch of flat earthers and some how pay for them to take a trip to outer space to see the round Earth with their own eyes. of course they'd probably pass it off as they were drugged or something

people are really defensive about being brainlets.

Tell me more.

hahahahahaha. I really hope you guys succeed in building a spergnik.

Babby's first space mission should be to launch a high altitude ballon. Toss a gps or a go pro on it, if you get high enough to see the curvature of the atmosphere, that'd be pretty decent for the caliber of your people.

Someone send a non expiring discord link

discord.gg/WButmc

This is animal abuse.