Master and Commander

Is this the most Veeky Forums movie ever? I think it could be.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r2gY_e1ZKD8
youtu.be/usZN7CcVhD0
openculture.com/2013/12/susan-sontags-50-favorite-films.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not at all.

Now fuck off

It's great. Shame it went to Oscars together with Return of the King, which was bulk awarded for the whole trilogy.

What would you say is an alternative than mate?

>master and commander most Veeky Forums movie ever

no.
I can think of at least twenty movies that are Veeky Forums related and not gay as fuck. The "hornblower" series was better forfuxache, despite being a series with a minuscule budget and shite special effects

pic related is the most lit movie ever

No, this is.

it wasn't even the best christ-fag movie

I watched it with my boyfriend and I didn't understand it.

I quite enjoyed Wonderboys

>from the director of la confidential

That was a good adaptation

Also this.

>shilling this heresy

Jesus

fuck me! I just spat zinfandel out my nose. that's funny.

jesus was a blackman. both scorsese and gibson had inaccurate portrayals of him

book was awesome, nigger. read it

>most lit movie
>not andrei rublev
fuck off

how is it Veeky Forums? its not a book adaptation or about a writer or anything.

great movie but invalid according to me and my mate jim

If you mean "most literary film," that's a stupid question, literature and film are different media.

If you mean what you say, as in "the film that most accurately captures the general mood of this board," I would have to say Tim Heidecker's "The Comedy."

Good, but probably the most overrated film of this century. Every critic sees himself in protagonist methinks.

How have I never heard of this before? Will look into it. Thanks.

I think I know what he means by "literature". It's a certain way the film plays out.

Master & Commander
There Will Be Blood
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
Once Upon A Time In West

all feel, "literature" like to me.

>Once Upon A Time In West

not Veeky Forums related. unacceptable. wrong. no.

Acceptable. Right. Yes.

not based on a book,not based on a writer not about literature, not based on a play....purely based on some chantard thinking it "feels" like "literature".

not acceptable

It's up there.

youtube.com/watch?v=r2gY_e1ZKD8

The most Veeky Forums western of all time.

Veeky Forums IS LIKE WATCHING A MOVIE WITH A BLINDFOLD ON

/THREAD OMG I AM THE QUEEN EPIPHANIES

I don't understand this film

THE SQUID AND THE WHALE

youtu.be/usZN7CcVhD0

whiplash

Noah Baumbach seems to attract annoying fans but that trailer makes the film look legit good.

Anyway, Veeky Forums films include:

Paris Belongs To Us
Anomalisa
Tabu
Nobody Knows
Apocalypse Now
A Woman Under the Influence
L'avventura
Melancholia
La Pointe Courte
Sansho the Bailiff
Ugetsu
Red Desert
Persona
Pickpocket
Death by Hanging
Solaris
Inland Empire
The Last Bolshevik
Night and Fog in Japan
A Nos Amours
Edipo Re
Days of Being Wild
Days of Heaven
Woman in the Dunes
The Face of Another
Evolution of a Filipino Family
Platform
The Battle of Algiers
Close-up
Ghost in the Shell
The White Ribbon
Ran
Orpheus
It's Such a Beautiful Day
In the Realm of Senses
L'argent
Badlands
Diary of a Country Priest
Mirror
La Jetee
Teorema
Le Feu Follet
Strike
Eros Plus Massacre
Week End
Stalker
Sans Soleil
Au Hasard Balthasar

It's Alain Resnais lads
And the movie feels like a book

honorable mention: A Dangerous Method

Muriel is his best imo.

Pic related most Veeky Forums movie ever

Nice movies on this list m8

I love that goddamn movie

>Hay guise, check out my Criterion Collection.

Half right. I'm UK so there's only a handful of GOATerion DVDs available here. I just copied all the movies I gave 5/5 to on Letterbox'd.

what's your account

There's nothing Veeky Forums about it at all. It's pure shock value to Western bourgeoisie, who have no idea what living in a provincial third world shithole is like. Nice movie, but nothing sensational.

>DVDs
>actually buying DVDs in twenty seventeen
>there's only a handful of available
>what is bittorrent

nice to see a Veeky Forums-kino thread that isn't overrun with generic sadhipster shit for once

Some Veeky Forums directors-

Godard
Marker
Ozu
Herzog
Eisenstein
Hitchcock
Griffith
Cassavetes
Welles

Great taste.

Forgot to add Bresson. Also, here's a list of Sontag's favorite films which is pretty Veeky Forums for obvious reasons:

openculture.com/2013/12/susan-sontags-50-favorite-films.html

>not even mentioning Bergman

is it just me or is 'black narcissus' wildly overrated?

powell and pressburger are amazing but this one felt like such a dud compared to their others.

bergman is a fucking hack for pseud film students to jerk off over. Fuck you for even bringing him up so you can look patrician, hes a hack, A FUCKING HACK

How can you, say that about Bergman, and have Godard as your first recommendation (assuming you are same person posting )

>bergman is a fucking hack for pseud film students to jerk off over.

hilarious that you'd say this when godard tops your list.

typical avantkid nonsense.

>bergman is a fucking hack for pseud -

Tell user why he is a hack. Go into detail. Don't try to skirt around this with a bunch of misdirecting sarcasm and generalized memetalk either. Prove that you yourself aren't a pseud projecting right now.

something something hurr durr he filmed only faces durr hurr according to letterboxd threads in tv

The Quintessentially Veeky Forumseral Motion Picture

>Completely butchers the piece of work monologue

I realize it makes sense in the context but it still triggers me.

Not him, but it's definitely a very literary film. The way the story is constructed from separate scenes along an ephemeral narrative thread, how centrally focussed it is on characterisation, the way it's about artisitic inspiration as a process, how the atmosphere of medieval russia and 20th century russian society pervade the story. These aren't exclusively literary techniques and ideas obv, but they come from literature, unlike purely cinematographic elements, so the film has a strong literary feel

Most Veeky Forums film right here. A flick about commies using typewriters and subverting the system maaaaan.

Jesus was a Jew you tool.

Synechdoche new York

Most Charlie kaufmann movies

That abortion was almost unwatchable.

Where my gay boiz at?

Used to like Cranston but I just noticed he has those gross stubnails. Fuck 'em.

delet this

Absolutely concur with Synechdoche New York

Can't exactly say why, but I've always felt Barton Fink to be a film with the heart of a novel. Maybe just all the surreal symbolism. Coen Brothers' true masterpiece btw.

I absolutely can't stand Synecdoche, love Barton Fink though. I also think it's their best, followed by Miller's Crossing.

>Used to like Cranston but I just noticed he has those gross stubnails.
Cranston was a carpenter for many years before becoming an actor. This is what manual labor does to hands, user.

>Fuck 'em.
Jesus had stubby fingers. Put on your gasoline drawls you're going to the hot place.

> Veeky Forums
> movie

I think you're looking for TV.

But no, user, it is not. That's a contradictory title more worthy to be given to some Criterion-core over your Russell Crowe shitshow.

This guy is correct.

This nigga my nigga. Would form a "pretentious" film club with and then contemplate why nobody is into true cinema apart from ourselves.

Literally not seen any Bergman outside of The Seventh Seal and even then that entry-level gem went over this retard's head.

Barton Fink is the correct choice for Coen Brothers film. Would also recommend Inside Llewyn Davis as a Veeky Forums film even though the focus is on music: it's about a starving pretentious artist who makes it nowhere despite having actual talent, something most writers might relate to.

>Not a single mention of Bela Tarr in entire thread

You can't even be proper pseuds, holy fuck, you're pseudopseuds.

>le very long shots in bleak environments man
I reckon you're the pseud, pal