4215 pages

>4215 pages
Who the fuck does this asshole think he is?
Thats 4 bibles right there, convince me that this shit is even remotely worth it

It's not worth it. Just do the math. For the time it takes to read that book, you could read maybe 10 other books. Would you rather read more or less?

qualité > quantité

It's a life changer, but not if you immediately find it stupid to state that "true life is literature"

You are supposed to read it whole life

It's a meme. At the end of Infinite Jest you find out that the joke is actually on you. At the end of In Search of Lost Time you find yourself desperately trying to find any justification for wasting a massive amount of time on reading this drivel.

I bet you thought dubliners was good too you cuck

I don't have to convince little kids to do anything. Go back to your comic books.

We all know Proust is a fucking hack. Outta here with this.

killyou'résélf > bakadesuné

Only 4215? I believed they were more

TMI: the book. i know more about france than i ever wanted. it was a good distraction from my unhappiness though

This. The title says it all, Proust is laughing at the idiots reading this shit.

Daily reminder that people spend as much time on GoT, Harry Pothead, etc instead of reading this great work of art.

If fucking gaskun can shitpost his way through 4400 pages of space opera, then anyone can do it.

It's not. Just read the Bible four times and spend your time better.

>this is the level of literacy of an Anglo website

It's useless to talk about real literature with those Pynchon loving trolls.

I like you, user.

I've read books of 800+ pages before. And, if you enjoy it, you'll finish the whole thing pretty quick.

Pass the crumpet will you dear Charles and may as well ring for the Chauffeur to fetch away these fated crumbs

fuck bolano for not making 2666 10000 pages long

You're not supposed to marathon it. Always remember that it took Prous a lifetime to write it.

>written by a frenchie
Instantly trashed. The french brought nothing to this world but faggotry and poor taste.

the french own literature

All I know is that first one is pretty damn good. That said, I can't be bothered going through the rest of them, and even just reading one of them is more than enough for me to bullshit myself around hipster.

But hipsters don't read, user

the hipsters own reading

They own cliff notes and he occasional Wikipedia article in esteem rereadings of catcher in the rye. Fags.

the hipsters don't read wikipedia

>bullshit myself around hipster.

>tfw not even people on Veeky Forums read for their own pleasure

Cliffsnotes isn't literature. And millennial booktubers aren't reliable

Remember back when there were these things called blogs?

you mean back when the internet was good?

I'm almost done with vol. 2. Hoping to get through the rest this semester, since I'm auditing a class based around the novel. That helps me keep up with the reading, which, despite its length, is actually quite easy and natural.

The internet is just a tool. To misuse its knowledge and only pay attention to its base use would be like walking into the holiest of places of mankind and jerking off only not to finish. It's that ducking retarded. Thanks to the internet I speak every language on the planet and never go to sleep with questions in my head that can't be answered. The internet is only as good as you make it. Stop masturbating to anime, it's making you bitter and sad.

i mostly masturbate to fb pics of my ex bitches and their friends these days, is that good or bad, doctor?

Go fuck real flesh and blood. Male or otherwise. It won't help you with Proust but it's a step in the right direction

Speaking of time, if I spent at least half the time I spend on pointless dopamine chasing on the internet on books instead, I would have probably read this twice now, and a shitload of other books as well.

how come the novel with the best possible title -- The Way of All Flesh -- is boring Victorian tripe?

i wanna die a virgin like my favorite writer johann wolfgang von goethe

Because you're not cultured enough to understand it's intricacies. Try this, it might be more your speed.

Well that explains the title.

Confirmed for having never read Dumas

does anyone here read out of enjoyment or is it just a bunch of people reading books to collect them like pokemon cards

I had thought death had undone more

littering rules. fuck that crow

I'm going to throw two pieces of litter tomorrow instead of one just to spite him

>blogs?

fuck blogs, gimme back dem space apes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why not both

I wonder how many In Search of Lost Time's worth of words ive read on Veeky Forums.

don't worry user, you will

Probably better not to think about.

Ayy lmao.

In search of lost time was by far the most boring and useless book I have ever saw. Complete whining and inane trash. Even books wrote by women which are full of gossiping are more interesting.

you only need to read the first half

kek