Why do people become atheists when it takes more faith to be one than it does to believe in god?

Why do people become atheists when it takes more faith to be one than it does to believe in god?

"To suppose that the human eye could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I confess, absurd in the highest degree"
- Charles Darwin

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Notable_Charles_Darwin_misquotes
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good point. I'll talk to my local imam about this.

Wow OP! You've muSt hAve made me think GrEatly on this topic!

Indeed. Praise Allah and Mohammed his prophet (PBUH). The infidels will burn! What is your name, believer?

>No arguments, further proving my point

There are many philosophical arguments for a god. However there isn't a single argument as to why I should be a catholic and not a Jew, hindu or whatever. If I was born on an atheist household, through which methods I would choose the true religion.

All people are born without any faith in god. The burden of proof lies on the person who decides to believe in god.

almost fell for the bait

Hey retard
en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Notable_Charles_Darwin_misquotes

I fucking hate how IQ threads are filled with >130 IQs and yet whenever some obvious, low-effort shitty bait is posted you get hudreds of anons falling for it. Literal autism the only explanation.

they're too smart to not reply to bait.

We'll, I don't know...
But all Christians, Jews and Muslims have the same God.

Hinduism and Buddhism are pants on head, so up to you if you go that way.

The reason western "intellectuals" shit on Christianity more, its because it was their parents religion.

Let me tell you my theory, where the soda comes from. Billions of years ago, there was a big bang in space. No one knows what caused the big bang, it just happened. From this bang issued this huge rock, and on top of this rock was found a sweet brown bubbly substance. Over millions of years aluminum crept up the side, formed itself in a can, then a lid and then a tab.

Then millions and millions of years later red paint, blue paint, white paint fell from the sky and formed itself into the words "Pepsi".

Now you're probably asking yourself, "what are you doing, you're insulting my intellect", and so I am. Because we know if the can is made there must be a maker. If it's designed there must be a designer. To believe the soda can happened by chance is to move into an intellectual free zone.

It takes more faith to be an atheist than it does to believe in god.

Pic related, that's the atheists right now.

Let me tell you my theory, where the soda comes from. Billions of years ago, there was a god in space. No one knows what caused the god, he just happened. Thusbgod issued this huge rock, and on top of this rock was found a sweet brown bubbly substance. Over millions of years aluminum crept up the side, formed itself in a can, then a lid and then a tab.

Then millions and millions of years later red paint, blue paint, white paint fell from the sky and formed itself into the words "Pepsi".

Now you're probably asking yourself, "what are you doing, you're insulting my intellect", and so I am. Because we know if the can is made there must be a maker. If it's designed there must be a designer. To believe the soda can happened by chance is to move into an intellectual free zone.

It takes more faith to be a diest than it does to be agnostic

Pic related, that's the diests right now.

i'm too smart to not reply to bait.

natural selection dun diddly work like that you damn fool, you absolute idiot! You imbecile.

>has no arguments
>calls it bait

You're very smart indeed, I almost fell for iit

>pretends that me calling you an idiot is not an argument
>calls it bait?

when will brainlets learn?

It doesn't require any faith whatsoever to not believe in something for which there is no evidence. Do you have faith that magical fairies don't exist?
Also you only quoted part of what Darwin said. Finish the quote

>Hinduism and Buddhism are pants on head
All religions are. Except for pastafarianism.

I really wonder if this is just double bait or actual stupidity.

just the fact so many people have to call god fake shows they subconsciously know he is real. i dont go on christmas posts saying "santa is fake you idiots"

this
checkmate dumb atheists pieces of shit

If God's so smart how come he's dead

If you were surrounded by people who are convinced that Santa is literally real, would you not want to ask for some evidence? Would you consider disbelief in Santa absence credible evidence to be proof that he actually is real?

do u go around telling every children santa isnt real? the only reason atheists do this is because they subconsciously know he is real and fear hell

I'm almost 100% positive that this has to be bait. But just on the off chance...holy fuck, the amount of stupid you managed to fit in two sentences is blowing my mind right now. First off, I don't recall ever actually meeting any children that actually believe in Santa, not these days. But I certainly wouldn't knowingly deceive someone, why the hell would I want to do that? Secondly, how the fuck do you know what atheists believe subconsciously? Using your analogy, is the reason you don't go around telling children Santa isn't real because deep down you know he's real? Holy fuck you need help m8

Why does everyone reference the eye when "disproving" evolution? Its not a very remarkable organ, structurally or functionally. Sure they are useful as fuck but why is photosensitivity such a shocking trait for cells to develop? Obviously sensing light is a huge evolutionary advantage, and obviously the more fidelity to that light sensor, the more useful it is. The brain would clearly be a much "better" arguement for complexity disproving evolution but theres a very logical path that can be traced for every evolutionary trait so there arent any actual good arguments.

obviously, but atheists reject the whole idea of god. who knows if he's real, we'll never know, that's why its called belief. it would be understandable if you're agnostic because that would make sense, you believe in science so you can't say whether hes real or not. but to reject the whole idea of a god is arrogant.

the whole purpose of atheism makes no sense. what do you believe in, evolution theory? why, is that proven scientifically or is it a theory? how can someone reject god but accept the evolution theory?

So you are saying that God is simpler then a can of pop, because He can arise from nothing whereas a can of pop couldn't?

rejecting god and believing in evolution theory is akin to having faith in a god, even more so than god. why can't you be agnostic like most smart scientists

I never got this arguement either. "Every creation must have a creator" is bullshit. Who made the creator? If the creator just always has been why cant the universe just always have been? Gravity is the most sensible "G" word to worship. It literally does everything God is described to do except watch over "good" people, but lets be honest, its clear there isnt a god that gives a fuck about us.

Pastafarianism is the best one. Simply because it's the most modern. Explicitly discourages assholes and idiots. States that humans are different, i.e. against forced equality of abilities. Praises pirates as saints.

because evolution theory is saying the universe came out of nowhere, from nothing, just like god. what makes evolution theory more plausible than god? it doesn't

Nice reddit!

Finally I get the chance to ironically use this meme.

"Seems" is the key word there

You seem so terribly confused, it's sad. There is no "purpose" to atheism, it's not a religion or a belief system, it is a simple reaction to the claim "god exists". The appalling lack of credible evidence to back that claim up leads any rational person to make the provisional conclusion that belief in god is not justified. It's as simple as that. Now, are you going to keep tap dancing around that or will you do what no theist has ever been able to do - offer some goddamn proof for your claim? Of course you won't. Evolution is a scientific theory, which since you don't seem to know what that is, is an explanation of some natural phenomenon that is well substantiated by overwhelming evidence. Evolution has passed every attempt to discredit it, and is proven beyond any reasonable doubt. So we accept evolution, but that doesn't equal "belief in evolution". Belief is what you do when you can't prove something. When something is supported by evidence, it doesn't require faith. Your faith in God proves that he most likely doesn't exist.

Evolution doesn't say anything about the origins of the universe. Evolution is simply the process by which species change. It explains how life on earth got the way it did, that's it. You must be thinking of cosmology? But even then, the only people that think the universe came from nothing are usually the creationists ("god created the universe out of nothing"). The evidence seems to point to there being something else here before the big bang, another universe perhaps, but we don't have any information on what that was. There are models that show that the universe could have come from a zero energy state, which is about as close to nothing as we'll ever get. But it's strange that you would say evolution says the universe comes from nothing, when it doesn't, nor do most scientists who are working on the matter. You're thinking of theists, they're the ones who say that.

if there's something before the big bang, what was before that? and before that? you'll end up in an endless loop, until you realize there needs to be something that always has been and always will be. now atheists might say the universe has always been there, but thats having faith just as much as religious people, why is the idea of a universe that's always been there and always will be accepted, but a god isn't? how can you reject god if you believe in something that will never be scientifcally proven, but god can't be real why? if you're agnostic thats different, being one makes complete sense, atheism however...

user, it doesn't take any faith to say "this proposition that a God exists lacks evidence, and the suggestive evidence that does exists keeps shrinking daily, therefore I fail to personally believe in its truth and require more evidence"

it takes faith to say "the big bang created the universe and everything we know, even though we cant prove it"

I already explained about what was before the big bang - the answer is simply "we don't know". Why is it so frightening for theists to admit not knowing something we have no way to know? You're arguing from ignorance. Just because we don't know something doesn't mean you can just jump in and claim therefore your god is real. Anyways, why does there have to be something has always been? If that's the case, then why can't that be the universe? At least we have hard proof that it exists, unlike god. What exactly do you think I believe in "that will never be scientifically proven"? And why do you think I believe god can't be real? I never said I reject god, I never said he can't be real. I never even said anything hinting at believing god *doesn't exist* All I've pointed out is that we're facing a claim "god exists". That claim has yet to meet its burden of proof. I'm completely ready to believe. I want god to be real. I just need this one pesky little thing everyone else requires in order to justify accepting literally every other claim in existence - evidence. Will you provide it? Or will you keep tap dancing? I'm curious.

Because not everything comes down to a contest of faith.

But the big bang theory has evidence supporting it, it's been tested and verified. Faith is what you use when you don't have evidence to back up your claim. If you have evidence, it doesn't require faith. The big bang happened. Get over it

I like how the theist case is so shit that the only recourse left is to try and undermine scientists with misquotes.

This is a troll thread, but the sad truth is shit like this passes for rational thought in apologist circles.

its not scientifically proven and it never will be because we will never be able to prove the big bang so you're clinging on to the big bang by faith at this point

you're ignoring the point of my post. we don't know what was before the big bang, but the theory itself implies that something has had to be there. the point of my post was that you'll end up in an endless loop if you keep asking "what was before that" until you stop and say "this thing has always been there and always will be", which could be either god or the universe, or whatever was before the big bang. the point is that both god and the big bang theory share the same thing, and atheists at this point choose to believe the big bang, an idea that is more bizarre than the idea of a creator.

i'm talking about atheists that reject deities because they only accept science, but science can't big bang and they believe it still. then they talk down on religious people, which is pure arrogance at this point due to the facts above.
why do you need proof to believe in god? can you prove the big bang happened? can you proof that other people are conscious? you cant? but you still believe they're conscious, dont you? the only place where proof is possible is within the imaginary world of mathematics which has been constructed to make proof possible.