Welp

Welp.

Note also the comma.

Those type of covers, softbacks or what they're called, will go to fucking shit if you keep them vertical instead of horizontal family

Why does one say Ludovico and not the other ? Fuck them. It's the kind of detail that would've made me resell one volume.

>Ariosto
>Ludovico Ariosto
this trigger my autism.
Also don't bother reading translations of him, 99% of Ariosto's appeal lays in his literary virtuosity. It would be like reading Shakespeare in Italian.

>buying Penguin Classics

You deserve it.

>caring what paperbacks look like

>not liking Penguin Classics
Could you possibly be more pleb?

i mean i like penguin classics but they aren't all that great really

>low quality mass market paperback

Literally the definition of pleb.

Penguin Classics aren't mass-market paperbacks. They're trade paperbacks.

Made for whom? Do you have to be part of a special literary elite to buy them, errr no.

Paperbacks are full of live. I dunno what's wrong with you ignorant snobs.

You can't hand them to your children, because they'll deteriorate within a few years.

Why? explain the physics of this

>attempting to put on airs as an elitist in such a way that one is jewed into purchasing the same sequences of words for a higher price so that one may apply a façade of wealth and class to the trappings of their simple, charlatanic mind.

Penguin paperbacks are garbage m8

Shakespeare in Italian is great lmao

Too poor for anything else

Why not just buy a nice hardcover of the books you enjoy?
I buy multiple copies of books I like, one "for show" and another I read before

Yeah penguin got some serious issues

that's not so bad, some misalignment, overall impression is good

You're spending extra money that could be spent on bullets.

fuck that's annoying

Yeah I took that from the internet, but it looks alot worse in real life.

This is my set.

oh damn lol, that is worse

Yeah it really makes my autism flare up.

And I don't give a shit about how things look in my shelf, I have no sort of aesthetic system at all but this definitely is somewhat annoying.

is that where the Ludovico Technique comes from?

You lose 90% of his craft in translation.
You basically end up reading him for the plot.

Please stop.

It's literally true, and you know it.
When it comes to Shakespear there's so much more than his plots. His craft is so good that it's actually worth it to spend your life studying it.

The same applies to the greatest italian poets (Dante, Ariosto, Tasso, Alfieri, Leopardi, etc.). Sure, you can still somewhat appreciate them, but a good chunk of their value (I'd say most of it) gets lost in translation.

here's mine. Funny that we all have the volumes arranged in different orders.
Now I simply must know, Veeky Forums; what does his book ordering say about a man?

That he's fucking gay lol

>Odissey before the Iliad

It doesn't make any fucking sense,

it says you have them in the wrong order

Not if they're on a full shelf or supported by bookends.

This is literally the opposite of how it works. Books warp if put in heavy stacks for long periods.

How do you read hardcovers? They're usually really heavy and hard to hold for a long time unless you put them on a desk, which is a problem because I like to read in the bath.

not unless you arent an idiot and use bookends.

Penguin Classics have garbage quality covers. The covers and spine go to shit just from holding the book.

>putting The Odyssey before The Illiad
Are you stupid, user?

This
is actually literally the definition of a pleb

this. i don't see what's the big draw for penguin classics. unless penguin does a special version of a series, the black "classic" collection books are really bad.
spines and edges fall apart way too easily.

I love reading in the bath. However on really thick soft cover books its hard to take notes.

Lay reclined and rest it on your damn pubic bone or your sixteen inch gut.
>reading a book by holding it in the air instead of just supporting it

>not getting gains while reading patrician hardcover doorstoppers like pic related

on a desk, hunched over with really bad posture.
or
on my bed, bottom of the book resting on my thigh/pelvis/blanket, leaned up against the wall with even worse posture.

If you're over the age of nineteen and understand that this shit is just memes and there is far more to literature than muh plot and muh prose, this is literally a non issue. There are worthy works in hundreds of different languages and even if some are worth learning, you can't learn all of them in a lifetime just for the sake of being a sperglord bragging anonymously on the internet about learning a language for no functional reason other than reading a couple books. The idea that translation is not always one for one doesn't take an enlightened intellect to figure out.
Also there's literary criticism that'll literally spoonfeed you what you're missing.

Bath is best place to read. First I start with cold water with a very low pressure so I can lengthen the amount of time I'm in there. I let the water fill up until I can feel it on my lower back. After that, I switch to the hottest water with a very low pressure and keep it like that until the tub fills up. The water gets warmer and warmer until it is very hot and it feels very nice.

she isn't really reading in that tub, she's taking pictures of herself with a book then masturbating to fantasies of Chad

I've read that book so many times.

Sometimes I dream of it.

The forms sometimes visit me in my sleep.

The forms of women.

>The forms of women
Be honest. You don't have to lie.
Your dreams are inspired by Symposium.

>reading in the bath
You mean lying there trying to focus on the book while dreaming of getting to put your hands under water?

I usually just lay flat and hold the book in the air.

>VIRGIN SPINE
you don't read.

>Barbarian posting

>this excuse AGAIN

Holy shit you just got EXPOSED.

Is that the Barbara Reynolds translation? Any good?

what the fuck do you wankers do with your penguin paperbacks

i read mine thoroughly and tend to take notes and they've been kept in good condition

what the fuck do you do with books, roll them down the stairs like a slinkey, you retards?

This. I can't get how people can take a bath with their hands always out of the water

DYEL bro

Who the fuck cares...It's worthless wood pulp. As long as it doesn't become illegible.

Yo, how's that Norton Rabelais? Does it have good notes like the Norton Critical Editions?