Are quantum computers a meme?

are quantum computers a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

newscientist.com/article/2141105-quantum-simulator-with-51-qubits-is-largest-ever/
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-13/ibm-makes-breakthrough-in-race-to-commercialize-quantum-computers
megasociety.org/noesis/179.htm#quantum
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ur mom is a meme and fat too

No they will not take over general purpose computers if that is what you are asking. They are good at very specific task. You will never have one in your house thanks to cooling requirements.

Yes. Whenever you see "quantum" as an adjective for anything getting mainstream news coverage, there's a 100% chance it's pseud flapdoodle.

The “brain” [computer] may one day come down to our level [of the common people] and help with our income-tax and book-keeping calculations. But this is speculation and there is no sign of it so far.

Maybe. People have a history of over- and under- estimating things like this

Little does user know, my house is made out of solid oxygen.

they aren't really for everyday tasks but for certain, specific applications they could seriously revolutionize

They'll never exist, Microsoft had 5 qbits working and it will take another 20 yrs for a cluster of 25 to work together.
>25/1,000,000+qbits

yes and no

newscientist.com/article/2141105-quantum-simulator-with-51-qubits-is-largest-ever/

t. brainlet

Microsoft is barely doing any work on the matter. Collective scientific research is.

Aren't they "working together with" (aka giving money to) the university of Delft on quantum computing?

It's cheaper if you outsource scientific research to academia rather than doing it inhouse.

yes no maybe

yes, for now

im homeless to user it's tough

I believe microsoft are doing the nanofab and Delft are doing the measurements.

These are charge Qubits which are more versatile but harder to work with because of the tuning. IBM use flux qubits (transmons to be precise) which are much easier to multiplex since you can tune the frequency.

once we realize topologically stable majorana qubits the possibilities will be endless.

Majorana qubits are always 10 years away it seems...

Forget quantum computers. Quantum phone chargers when?

why on earth would you want a quantum of phone charge that's like 4x10^{-20) mAh

not a meme but even if possible, it will not be easily manufactured as traditional transistors and wires, it will be useful in cloud though when you can do massive computations remotely at a low price

Both Intel and MS are working with Delft

Go to bed Leo

BUT WHAT IS A QUANTUM COMPUTER?

They have multiple sites, not just Delft.

why is he leaning in a helium dewar when they're using a dry fridge?

multiple in fact :()

bump

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-13/ibm-makes-breakthrough-in-race-to-commercialize-quantum-computers

i live in canada, can i run it in winter?

HOLY SHEIT MY SIDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TSUUUUU

are quantum memes a computer?

They're using floating points for calculations.. Since they have to create an average, they'll never be able to create extremely precise calculations. So, yes, they're nothing more than a meme. I don't see this technology going anywhere, until they can figure out a way to remove the need for averaging.. Which I don't think they will, since it's the complete foundation for a 'qubit.'

if the highschooler on 4chin thinks they're useless it must be so

They'll have a use, just not with the 'qubit.'

megasociety.org/noesis/179.htm#quantum

>literally asking what the purpose of life is.

i mean... i alt tabbed then typed this in the wrong thread. my bad

was supposed to reply to

nice hair