Should I get the Less Than Nothing paperback?

Should I get the Less Than Nothing paperback?

Get Less Than Zero instead, and then read some Hegel

Dont bother if you havent read hegel and lacan

I liked it but I feel pretentious carrying it around

Definitely.

Soak the entire book up like I did.

And then you can make fun of Zizek in your mind, comparing yourself with him. When you come across something that isn't to do with Zizek, you can note it in your mind and think: aha, something Zizek missed.

This way your transference to Zizek is worked through, instead of worshipping Zizek, you pretend your Zizek addiction actually isn't all much of a big deal. In fact I've read so much Zizek that you wouldn't realise it at all if you talked to me, because I've thoroughly got Zizek through my system so much that I don't have to constantly talk about Zizek or mirror him.

In fact, my opinions are totally different from Zizek's, despite agreeing with him completely.

Zizek likes Kafka and crime novels, and Schoenberg and Shostakovich, and I like Emily Bronte, Byron, and Goethe... we meet at odd points, Zizek and I, such as that we both love the Lieder of Franz Schubert, and Robert Schumann --- such is life. Zizek's always there.

I don't feel Zizek's massive presence in me as a foreign object, in fact Zizek passes through me not as a resistant object but as a willing and agreeable breath of air through the lungs of the mind and out again.

Zizek isn't necessary at all. After I Zizek'd, I needed to Zizek no more. The craze is only there for those who have not yet fully read Zizek. The only unelegance of Zizek is his appearance and nervous tics, but he's a pure heart and soul, and he struggles with mental illness, neuroses, obsessive neurosis in fact, and often has panic attacks. He's a pure heart and good soul.

He marries all the women he loves, he's dedicated to the public good, he's disciplined in his working life, organised and actually very gracious in his own way.

Such is the relation of myself, a young homosexual man, to my invisible mentor, or 'vanishing mediator' (aka, someone who allows a certain passage, and vanishes into the background --- exactly as a mentor), and although it isn't anymore necessary to talk about Zizek or reference him, he's a state of passage without which my own education and spiritual development wouldn't be possible.

He really is a good father.

Have you done your background reading son?

Leave your fedora at home I guess.

You don't need either. Just a good aesthetic sense able to handle Zizek's brilliant prose style.

Read some Thomas Sowell instead.

Thankyou for sharing that.

No problem!

Funnily enough I've wound up in psychoanalysis with a lacanian now for my own mental problems (hysterical conversion symptoms, paranoia, phobias, insomnia, despair...), it's totally different when you're there than when you read about it in books.

I'll spare you my life story.

Another funny way my life has overlapped with Zizek's is that I'm absolutely in love with Wagner's operas.

I also have an unresolved oedipus complex.

TFW you're to healthy for Zizek.

Skill tree pls

>I'll spare you my life story.

Please don't.

I'm a homosexual masochist with massive admiration and transference to certain authors.

Also I love passionate and strong hearted women, women who are full of certainty and seriousness, such as politically motivated women, perhaps a feminist or Maoist lass, (but not the lesbian daddy problems type) to crush me.

I fall in love with all women with signs of this, especially angry women. They are full of certainty and I am full of doubt; they are strong and I am weak and struggling.

I need a woman to lay on the lap of. To open my confused thoughts to as the anxious maniac I am.

Women are odd creatures however, and I would prefer a circle of younger boys to teach philosophy and literature with and perhaps to bathe with, perchance to fuck.

What say you user?

Who's hyped?

Another provocative book. It'll be good in content, but as for Leninism... Zizek has no political movement behind him. He's a hysteric, a Cassandra, and this book will be a book made for provoking liberals, which is a good idea in itself, but if you're not one of the liberals he's targeting then the book probably won't do much for you.

I'm already involved in class agitation and teaching Marxism to others, Zizek, what more do you want from me?

Stop constructing your ideal ego

>I'm already involved in class agitation and teaching Marxism to others, Zizek, what more do you want from me?

To stop that bullshit LARPing

>He says that with a picture of Lacan, the ultimate narcissist

Bump

He was a good old fashioned narcissist though. Ideal ego worshippers need to be purged

But isn't worshipping the ideal-ego, basically the condition of poetry?

What a good thread.

>ego psychology

What did he mean by this?

This guy!

No its the manure that poetry grows from

That's really nice.

How did you manage to find a Lacanian analyst?

Do you live in the third world? They're everywhere.

Actually, yes I do.

>Ideal ego worshippers
Explain.

I'm really far bottom left on the political chart.
I'M READY DADDY ZIZEK OFFEND ME DEEP IN MY ASSHOLE. GIVE ME THAT FUCKING GOOD FISTING AND MAKE THAT ASSHOLE RIP AND TEAR. I WANNA SEE TEARS STREAMING DOWN MY EYES AND LOOK UP AND SEE YOUR SMILING FACE HIDDEN BEHIND THAT BEAUTIFUL GRAY BEARD WITH LITTLE FOOD DROPLETS IN THE HAIR

What did he mean by this?

no

Bump

>Funnily enough I've wound up in psychoanalysis with a lacanian
>I also have an unresolved oedipus complex.

Don't bump threads on Veeky Forums if you don't have anything to say.

You're not my mom.

I am functioning as your virtual mother figure.

Get the lobotomy instead