If IQ is simply a test acording to sci, why all the high archievers in phylosophy, art, music...

if IQ is simply a test acording to sci, why all the high archievers in phylosophy, art, music, literature and STEM have clearly higher than 125 IQ points?

where is the 70 IQ genius?

Well it /is/ just a test, but the answer tells us how smart you are

IQ only measures how good you are at taking IQ tests. It's not like the skills needed to score well on those test are transferable to anything else irl.

t. associates degree in biology

Autistic savants

Tell that to the poor sods who have less than 80 iq, Im sure their lives arent affected in any negative way.
Im sure Einstain had like 50 iq

>why all the high archievers in phylosophy, art, music, literature and STEM have clearly higher than 125 IQ points?
Not Richard Feynman :^)

>Im sure Einstain had like 50 iq
True

IQ has a correlation to intelligence and nobody disputes this, but that doesn't mean that IQ and intelligence are a perfect mapping with whatever the hidden distribution of intelligence is. Other things correlate with intelligence like school grades except nobody claims that these truly measure intelligence because of all the clear retards who work hard for their grades

Treating IQ tests as the be all and end all is retarded

most intelectual skills are related.

if you're smart for math, you will be smart for music and wordplay.

if you're dumb for math, you will be dumb for other mental habilities as well.

people with low IQ have trouble learning task that a high IQ person would learn in five minutes.

So, yes, IQ is intelligence.

also, IQ correlates with socioeconomic status archieved by the person.

Interesting thing about Einstein is that he wasn't a child prodigy. Pretty sure he also failed an entrance exam for uni.

>IQ is intelligence
Nope. It's an approximation at best.
Some savants have IQs of 70, can't play music, but can derive any formulae and solve prohlems after seeing them for a few seconds.

Wrong.

>if you're smart for math, you will be smart for music and wordplay.
KEK

That's a nice meme but he was exceptional in math and physics since childhood. I still want to believe it's not all genetics though.

IQ tests do work, it's just a COPE for brainlets to say otherwise

>score 20 points higher when promised financial gain
>score 30 points lower when depressed

Wtf I can judge human intelligence now!!

Something tells me, through your poor spelling and grammar, that you're probably the 70 iq genius.

Source? Did you mean SAT points? The standard deviation of IQ is only 15/16

Not everyone on here is american user. What other language can you discuss things in? Only English? And you're implying you're smarter than someone else? lmao

It takes all of about 1 minute to type out the same thing in your native, inferior language and then translate it on google translate and then proceed to copy (ctrl+c) and paste (ctrl+v) the translated garbage into your local Veeky Forums text box.

I gave you the copy and paste hotkey commands in case your 70 IQ didn't know them already.

you must have a very high IQ to elaborate these very complex thoughts

bad bait

>implying bait when insult

OP here.

my grammar is technically correct, but I am speaking using spanish grammar with english words.

most people will tend to do that, look up how japanese write english using japanese grammar.

most foreigners have some kind of quirks that tell people away which is their native language.

nothing surprising.

not op but if you tink google translate works you are retard

im speak 3 languagues btw

>Wrong.
>posts a source proving him right

wat

This. kim Peek is a perfect example. He had below average IQ, still a genius

Look at the pic again. Are you blind?

Different user but it's true. I would have to go look up those studies. Easy enough to Google yourself though. A financial incentive of just $10 or so resulted in 15-20 points higher than the control group. IQ is a very dubious tool, still useful though. Kind of like BMI.

Well depression does make you dumber so your IQ would be lower than normal

literally who

>solve prohlems after seeing them for a few seconds.

not new ones then, else they would have a high iq score. savants don't solve anything, they just regurgitate. this is not intelligence.

>Kim Peek
>the retard autist who has eidetic memory
>he thinks good memory = genius
heartly kek.

>why all the high archievers in phylosophy, art, music, literature and STEM have clearly higher than 125 IQ points
source please

Yeah but he looks like a faggot.

Just look up 'idiot savant'. There are many examples. How about this guy, Allonzo Clemons. IQ 40-50 yet he can perfectly reproduce anything in sculpture even if he only had a glimpse of it.

I remember a program about a guy who can perfectly recreate any musical composition after only hearing it once yet doesn't understand the concept of pants and would shit in the street if you let him