It's startling to see such a highly successful mathematician achieve success in another field," says Edward Witten...

>It's startling to see such a highly successful mathematician achieve success in another field," says Edward Witten, professor of physics at the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, NJ, and considered by many of his peers to be the most accomplished theoretical physicist alive...[19]"

Where when you when our new overlord took over for pea-brained Witten?

>James Simons is an American Mathematician, hedge fund manager, and philanthrophist with a Bachelor's Degree in maths from MIT and a PhD in maths from Berkeley at 23 years old.

>tfw his mathematical findings were crucial to String Theory being created
>tfw he's worth 16 Billion dollars
>tfw Witten praises him highly

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Harris_Simons

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Harris_Simons
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>en.m.wikipedia
>m

>he doesn't browse Veeky Forums while on the shitter

the guy spent his life making money instead of doing science, therefore he is scum

still made more contributions than you will ever do

>considered by many of his peers to be the most accomplished theoretical physicist alive

shame he wasted his career on string theory

No he actually made really seminal contributions to Topology and still worked at Stony Brook's math department for decades

It's not startling to me at all...Math PhD is the #1 degree hired by Goldman Sachs. Mathematicians have been on Wall Street for decades.

>James Harris Simons was born to a Jewish family
You have your explanation

>hedge fund manager
>James Harris Simons was born to a Jewish family
>Math PhD is the #1 degree hired by Goldman Sachs. Mathematicians have been on Wall Street for decades.
Jewish is the #1 race hired by Goldman Sachs. Jews Monopoly Wall Street for decades.

HE EVEN HAS BEEN INTERVIEWED BY NUMBERPHILE!
>THIS GUY IS HOT SHIT

[math]\mathsf{\color{red}(\color{red}U\color{red}S\color{red}E\color{red}R \text{ }\color{red}W\color{red}A\color{red}S\text{ }\color{red}B\color{red}A\color{red}N\color{red}N\color{red}E\color{red}D \text{ }\color{red}F\color{red}O\color{red}R\text{ }\color{red}T\color{red}H\color{red}I\color{red}S\text{ }\color{red}P\color{red}O\color{red}S\color{red}T\color{red})}[/math]

Woah, mods exist on this board. Please cull /pol/shit more often, based mods.

that's inline math, not a real ban

Clever. How does one do it?

hover over the red text, right click and select "show math as TeX commands"

Thanks man, that's good shit. Never knew you could do that for TeX.

You can do anything with TeX if you have enough patience

16 fucking billion...

He published a lot of stuff, probably contributed more to science than you ever will. Also, he spent a lot of his own money investing in science, we need people like him pumping money into base research.

>berkeley
hahahaha it's all worth it
murder me

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Harris_Simons
>He is also known for his studies on pattern recognition for which he developed (with Shiing-Shen Chern) the Chern–Simons form,[4]
I don't get it, is this sentence just written strangely? I don't see what the Chern-Simons form has to do with pattern recognition

>hedge fund manager
Trashed

>PhD in maths
>maths
>s
Yikes...

Let's see: He's Jewish, He worked for the NSA, He collaborated with the Chinese, He exploited the flaws of our economic system to siphon off billions of dolalrs while paying close to 0% his employees, He's a fat piece of shit who strugles to breathe, He smokes and thinks that his philanthropy is going to save him from the devil, He's a traitorous piece of shit who hides money in offshore accounts and has sex with children and even eats them, oh and he also funds politicians so laws can be made for him and his company to keep exploiting the shit out of the public.

He's one of the worst human beings that exist today. He's there in the top 1000 of worst scum.

Your home board needs you

ufuckingw0t

>Your home board needs you
>he fell for the /pol/ bogeyman

>first point is "he's jewish" as if that's a bad thing
>claims to be not /pol/
Suuure

Are you 12? Anti-semitism was a thing long before /Pol/

Doesn't mean you don't belong there

Shoo shoo now, this is a pro-jew board

>Shoo shoo now, this is a pro-jew board
There's nothing scientific about being pro-jew, take your politics elsewhere.

>jews are responsible for huge chunks of modern science and math
>nothing scientific about liking jews

>>nothing scientific about liking jews
Where was the scientific method applied? The stance is purely a philosophical/political/ideological one.

>he says as he states "He's a JOO" as the prinary reason for disliking a prominent mathematician

>>he says as he states "He's a JOO" as the prinary reason for disliking a prominent mathematician
You seem confused, I'm not the one who made that post.

And he's not defined by being a mathematician, you could just as easily say
>he says as he states "He's a JOO" as the prinary reason for disliking a prominent JOO
which makes sense

>playing semantics games to deflect from the fact that you are /pol/
Go and stay go

>>playing semantics games to deflect from the fact that you are /pol/
You're the one taking a political stance here, not I.

>"DA JOOS DID THIS" isn't a political/ideological stance
Okay

You seem confused, what exactly did I say the jews did? I'm not sure what post you're referring to

Samefag

>Samefag
Not quite.

looks like a game of pilpul, oy!

he's rich therefore he's worth praise merely for that

only jewish math grads get 300k starting