Thoughts?

medium.com/@StuartxThomson/ernest-hemingway-and-the-art-of-phony-manliness-d91116421cb1#.9ih4fh8yl

"Manliness" is a social construct and inherently problematic--especially in white males.

>le phony manliness compensation cliche
Read Joyce's comments on him. He thought that Hemingway was actually more masculine than his persona.

Hemingway wrote about dealing with a fragile or broken masculinity. How is it remotely interesting to point out that he may have had some firsthand experience with same?

Lots of people enjoy hunting, fishing and whoring without it being a persona, btw.

No, it, much like gender and sex, are biologically pre-dispositioned due to hormones.

Manliness, this "social construct" you speak of, is derived from the hormone testosterone which makes one more aggressive, strong, and risk taking. The drive to become dominant is inherent in all males, some in society falter, mostly due to bad parenting and the lack of a strong father figure. Another result of a weak male is actually modern society, which would completely refute your white male lie. The more society is refined, the less threats there are from physical harm.

Therefore, the most belligerent men who wish to become the "most manliness" come from tribal people, nomads, and primitive communities where the hierarchy is purely based on respect through physical dominance, and the ability to use a sound mind during high stress situations.

Go somewhere, tumblrlord.

18-25 year old Millennials are terrified at the idea of someone being not trans/feminine.

It scares them, and makes them afraid of the outdoors. That's why they have developed safe spaces and neo-facist politics damning anyone who acts like a normal human being.

holy fuck

what was the most masculine book by hemingway?

im embarrassed to admit i've only read a book of his short stories. what is the best place to start reading Hemingway's novels?

The Sun Also Rises/ The Old man and the Sea

Why would you bring that up? You ruined your chances of becoming a public figure.

oh shit i forgot i read the old man and the sea.
so "the sun also rises" it is.
thanks user

Men of Veeky Forums, would you consider yourself "manly"? You may define the term however you like.

Can you believe that there are still people out there that dont know that Hemingay was an in the closet homosexual that probably fucked pablo Picasso

this is even hotter tbqh

no.

top milkdude

Hemingway dated that one really boyish dyke looking chick, so I wouldn't surprised if him and fitzgerald had drunk angry sex after fighting about how each other's writing sucks worse than their hand jobs

For Whom the Bell Tools
There's nothing manlier than blowing bridges and fucking bithces

>I'm naturally a dominant alpha
>Its societies fault I'm a weak faggot

Sure thing brah

Nope. I was raised by a single mom, never stood a chance.

This doesn't make sense.

You can't say that gender and sex are not social constructs and also say that manliness is not at the same time.
You are obviously just not separating these 3 things as they should be.

Sex is the biological aspect.
Gender is the cultural/intellectual aspect.
"Manliness" on the other hand is a matter of perception.
It is defined by how other people think a typical male should be.
Pretty much by definition it is a social construct
Think about it like this if you were the only man who ever existed would you ever think to describe yourself as manly? No, obviously not. Manliness only exists as an antithesis to something else and that something else exists where else but in human society.

Stop trying to argue with easy baiters.