Endlösung

Is life justifiable at the cost of all that suffering there is? Even if you're trying to be a decent person, you still feed on suffering of others, people and animals alike. You have your hi-tech phone, thanks to people in third world countries, abused by corporations. You have you're delicious meat, thanks to animals slaughtered in death-factories. You live in a wealth, thanks to all those goods your country have stolen from others through the history.
Why not just end it all, by removing every living thing from existence?

all those spiritual dudes say that life is good, but i dont get them i guess, just as nietzsche didnt get them, though he kinda did get them in his opinion, but i believe to get them is to understand that life is good... what?

>justifiable
anything is justifiable. For instance, life is worth living because I aw a cat eating carrots. Here is the justification.

The real question is why do seek a justification (to anything), when you did not even need one when you were a child. Or perhaps you are too much of a rationalist to even answer this.

Absolutely it is. If you want to end it, go ahead. I don't care.

LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE

Don't assume my personal circumstances.

I might be a poor Indian vegetarian typing this on a school computer.

there is some joy that is so great that it can overcome a lifetime of suffering, flip it over as effortlessly as a dealer flipping over a winning card in vegas

just the chance that we can make the world good for all its people should be enough for us to keep on living

The spirit cannot be forcibly torn from its physical imprisonment. Each can only be released by its own tiring of the world.

>school computer
Made in China for a cup of rice in a factory which spoils earth, water and air.

OOH, WHAT A PRECIOUS SOUL, WHO CAN'T HELP BUT WAX POETIC EVEN AS HE TEARS THE WOOL AWAY FROM OUR FAT, CONFORMIST EYES!!!

Yer a real richie rich, fella. Yer richer than umami anchovies.

If you care so much, why not fix things, rather than tapping out?

You can't fix the issue with suffering in the other way than eradicating all life. As this one said "life feeds on life", which means that life feeds on suffering, and it's inherently wrong.

Well, then off yourself kiddo. I'm not gonna stop ya if you're too weak to live.

Or read some Nietzsche.

what if everyone was a vegan who ate soy all day and was nice, and happy.

WHAT THEN?

but suffering is wrong because it reduces and destroys life. death would be the ultimate suffering, the obliteration of the ability to feel any joy whatsoever. and how would your "total death" scenario even be accomplished without INFINITE suffering?

>not suggesting Maistre's "sur les sacrifices"
It's like yall wanna go to hell

But it won't solve the problem. I want to kill you as well as every other being on this planet, including myself.

Will they?

What does it concern you if I am alive but you yourself are dead?

A bit of suffering in order to remove ALL suffering from the existence is justifiable in my eyes.
Also it is possible in a kinda peaceful way, by stoping procreation.

>suffering is bad
>let's kill everybody (temporarily increase suffering) to reduce suffering
Truly the most plebeian utilitarianism.

It would work though.

The axioms are wrong though. All humans suffer but they also experience joy and peace and happiness.

You're implying pain outweighs pleasure and ignore the fact that most of the time humans are in an indifferent state which is neither painful nor pleasurable.

By killing off all humans, you would also end all pleasure and all happiness.

I see your point, but I cannot agree that pushing "forward" is worth the price. You sound like someone who isn't aware of all that horror that is going on outside of your safe-zone.

And you sound like someone who cannot believe that right now there are poor starved farmers in North Korea who are genuinely happy.

Spoiler alert: there probably are. Life isn't just all misery. Go see a shrink.

You can't kill me or the human population so you might as well just give up and kill yourself.

We will continue being happy, or at the very least trying, as we attempt to fill the infinite void of our insatiable wills.

None of it will matter, not even your death. Only perceptively from how much our experiences mean to us, that is the only thing that truly holds relevance to each of our individual lives. That's why nobody will accept walking hand and hand into our own extinction.

I've read some reports about Kim's paradise, and you're right, I can't believe that.

what?

They can, though - because they don't know any other life.

You should read Plato's Republic.

I'm not in a position of power to change that. But I would kill us all in an instant if it would be possible.

The amount of edge and fedora in this thread is astounding.

Teh pessimists.
True Detective quotes, Schopenhauer..

Why so triggered? It's just a discussion, and I would never start such subject anywhere else.

I did not advocate for the end of humanity, just the opposite. Learn to read, friend.

Youre right, I misread.
And Im not triggered, I was just posting the obvious for the sake of it.

Not triggered, just doubtful that this thread is not bait.

Good post

Even mainstream Christianity makes the argument that it is NOT justifiable.

>“Now we are able to rejoice that we are saved not through the immanent mechanisms of history and nature, but by grace; that God will not unite all of history’s many strands in one great synthesis, but will judge much of history false and damnable; that he will not simply reveal the sublime logic of fallen nature but will strike off the fetters in which creation languishes; and that, rather than showing us how the tears of a small girl suffering in the dark were necessary for the building of the Kingdom, he will instead raise her up and wipe away all tears from her eyes – and there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying, nor any more pain, for the former things will have passed away and he that sits upon the throne will say, ‘Behold, I make all things new.” - David Bentley Hart, The Doors of the Sea: Where Was God in the Tsunami?

>but they also experience joy and peace and happiness.

No.