Fields you have zero respect for

I'll start: Psychology.
It's an incredibly easy field: Think of some possible relationship between a factor and someone's behaviour, and test it with a group.

For example, when in high school I tested how people's problem solving abilities were affected by Nicholas Cage giving them a maniacal stare.
Or at least I said I tested it, I think I just faked the data because we were expected to meet strangers. The data-faking algorithm I made was probably more-worthwhile science anyway.

It's a no-brainer to do it, but does it benefit humanity?
No, they're assholes who make everyone's lives worse
Psychologists are doing one of three things:
>doing studies that are useful to no one, except those who will use the information to exploit others (do you really think there's not-annoying use for information like "people tend to glance at pictures staring back at them"?)
>working directly with those who wish to exploit others
>screwing over the field of mental health by promoting drugs as the best option

>Psychology
>It's an incredibly easy field

Psychology is actually one of the most complex fields. No-one even knows yet how all the parts of human brain work exactly. It's the brainlet psychologists who are the problem, not the field itself.

>inb4 people start screaming muh CS and then proceed to say how easy programming is

You're thinking of neurology.

Computer science isn't programming.
Programming is translating functions to code, and making them fit with the rest of the program.
Computer science is figuring out general-use algorithms.

You are dangerously close to Hubbard-level anti-psycho tinfolism. The absence of volcanoes and hydrogen bombs saves you for now.

>Computer science isn't programming.
that is, quite literally, the point of my post.

Hi personification of Dunning-Kruger effect! How ya doing bro?

History. I just don't really care for it and I think people are wasting their time when they study it. If they're studying it for fun that that's alright, but as a profession that's pretty gay.

Are you really using a highschool class as an example of why an entire field is shit?

If only they knew.

I fucking hate law people, at least when a philosophy or English major or something pulls out a reference it's usually somewhat interesting, NO ONE wants to hear a law recited.

>Psychology is a shit field because I faked an experiment and got away with it
What does faking a data set have to do with psych? You could do that in any field.

F2.

Too many theorems don't hold in general bc of this stupid fucker. "characteristic not equal to 2". Fuck you.

>implying psychology has anything to do with the brain
That's like saying because I'm a developer I have any sort of knowledge or work relating to the electronics that make computers physically work.
To be clear: I'm a developer and I barely understand how to make poptarts hot.
And even that analogy is too generous because I have to actually understand how programming works in a pretty absolute and consistent sort of way or else nothing would run, whereas a psychology doesn't have to get anywhere close to understanding exactly how minds work in order to accomplish their job. It's like the difference between a mathematics exam vs. a liberal arts paper. You can basically put whatever you want into a liberal arts paper and still pass because there isn't any clear standard for what is or isn't workable, whereas it's objectively clear how well you did on a mathematics exam because you either wrote a true statement or didn't.

>Godel, Escher, Bach
I love that book, but it legitimately has nothing to do with programming, except in the sense that it has something to do with everything in reality because of how abstract he gets.

I took an intro psyche course and it was easy but it didn't really seem like pseudoscience, just more like common sense. We also went into biological detail about certain things (like vision for example). And psychology absolutely has to do with neuroscience.
At my school the major isn't simply "psychology" it's "psychology neuroscience and behavior" (PNB).

no, most ppl in CS have not read Hegel, lmao

Psychology is hit or miss(99% miss). The problem with psychology is that the people who major in it, are the type who are not fit to be scientists. To them, it seems like a scientific field WITHOUT needing math skills. So, it is flooded with people who think with their feels. Then, there are the people who just want to be therapists and shit. Conclusion: I don't respect psychologists, unless they're in the neurosciences.

Any humanities major, excluding art/music, deserves to be gassed.

>hegel
Are you this fucking retarded?

climaxing nico >>:DDDDDD

The rationals. It's filled with holes.

Medfags are usually retarded. And overall any field that's not STEM-ish is shit tier. Now if we focus on strictly STEM ones, I would have a hard time, as long as they aren't retarded, I will respect them.

remove mythical man month

data science / machine learning. also geostatistics

Hello there Dunning-Kruger effect!

Hydrology. Water is useless.