>he doesn't punch back

Other urls found in this thread:

livingthestoiclife.org/2013/04/what-does-live-according-to-nature.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>kill a frogshitter
>the world is happier and better off

>get punched by a frogposter
>bite clean through his jugular

I'll still punch the fuck out of you. It'll just be out of a sense of humanly duty rather than anger.

>jack off a stoic
>he steadfastly refuses to cum

It would be out of anger though.

I have no desire to argue but you are wrong.

Wouldn't he just punch back to establish that attacking him will have consequences?

Seneca says you can enjoy the benefits of life as long as they don't corrupt your virtue and you can be happy without them. I'd cum buckets.

>"Keep honking, I'm loading my gun." - Bumper Sticker

>punch a stirnerite
>he mumbles something about pain being a spook and starts waddling away
>gain on him and low kick his shin
>he falls down and writhes in pain while screaming that property cannot do that

>Fuck a stoics girlfriend
>He's not even upset
>Steal a stoics stash of opiates
>He completely loses his shit

What gives bros?

>punch a solipsist
>my face hurts

lol

>punch a Hobbesy
>get your shit pushed in

yup.

>punch a christian
>he punches back

>tfw almost no christian ever was even half-christian

tep kok

>punch an epicurean
>he runs away

More like he determines that as a fit man it is his civic duty to put a stop to your dangerous and antisocial behavior and wrecks your shit in a responsible and controlled manner.

Daily reminder that Aurelius was a literal cuckold

Not even the evilest person of this planet would kill that froggy who's sniffing a cute flower

>wrecks your shit
gotta use a hyperbole to generate a strong effect -understandable
>in a responsible and controlled manner
what?
>More like he determines that as a fit man it is his civic duty to put a stop to your dangerous and antisocial behavior and reduces you
fixed.

>To the rational animal only is the irrational intolerable; but that which is rational is tolerable. Blows are not naturally intolerable. "How is that?" See how the Lacedaemonians endure whipping when they have learned that whipping is consistent with reason.

your punch don't sounds rational, its fair enough to defend oneself in this situation

>See how the Lacedaemonians endure whipping when they have learned that whipping is consistent with reason.
bad translation, didnt help get my point across

see oxford:
>Look at it in this way: Spartans will put up with a beating in the knowledge that it is a reasonable punishment.

>punch a daoist
>it doesn't work
>die

>punch a muslim
>he blows up

kekd hard

>punch a daoist
>it doesn't work
>dao

>kill a Christian
>he doesn't go to heaven because God doesn't exist
topkek

>stoic
>with girlfriend
>ever

>punch an heraclitean
>he transforms into another person

kek

>punch schopenhauer
>he complains

>a stoic keeps going through mental gymnastics to say he can do literally anything but he's totally still a stoic

Some "moral principal" you got son

>punch a Nazi
>he cries on Twitter

>punch a NEET-chet
>he starts crying and praising me for my superior will
>he congratulates me between sobs for showing him what a plebeian he was for perceiving my assault as a crime
>punch him again

this had me thinking, why don't christians celebrate the killing of christians, they are going to heaven, why do they get sad?

What's the opposite of stoicism? Like a whole "might is right" philosophy

Take a guess.

hedonism?
i think the opposite of stoicism would be to follow every emotion without thinking about it, and act against nature; hedonism is not quite right but fit the bill more or less

pretty much, the part against nature at least

>the part against nature at least

Or, you know, the part in The Ego and His Own where he spends 100+ pages just reformulating "might makes right" over and over again.

i did not read it, just know it by the memes

>i think the opposite of stoicism would be to follow every emotion without thinking about it, and act against nature
what?
you contradict yourself.
following every emotion without thinking about it is what an ape would do, its nature. thinking about it and deciding not to do it, contradicting your emotions, is acting 'against nature'.

>muh naturalism
please stop

you know shit about apes

what are you smoking, samefag?
criticize what I said already and stop memeing.

>be epicurean
>get punched
>get friends to jump puncher then go back to our garden for tea

the stoics had a unatural meaning for to "live according to Nature" thing; for a stoic the most natural thing is to live a virtuous life

maybe this will help:
livingthestoiclife.org/2013/04/what-does-live-according-to-nature.html

ahh, ok.
thanks. their conception of what is natural is the unnatural, I forgot. same with Plato and Christianism, they have this tendency of starting the house by building the roof first, which makes no sense. anyways.

"turn the other cheek" as original akido, desu

>humanly duty rather than anger

yeah ok so stoicism is just labeling emotions as "duties" and "obligations" and "totally not emotions"

The greatest gift from God is life, the afterlife is all fanfic.

Witnessed.

>be a zen monk
>get punched
>but I also do not get punched because form is void and void is form
>I punch back
>But simultaneously I don't punch because the self is indistinguishable from the transcendent Buddha nature

>Punch a Nietzschean
>He emits golden laughter and tells me he loves me, and indeed all his enemies, whilst beating me to death

Damn take a chill pill, Zarathustra.

We are human, we are weak, we are afraid, we miss people and we don't like the loss feeling, regard what you believe and how much you do.

if you were an actual enlightened monk no one would feel the desire to attack you.

Perhaps it was his nature to attack me.

*tips fedora*

>the afterlife is all fanfic
It's not fanfic but it's a lot different from what we have currently. We're body and soul.

lol

sounds anime as fuck

> no one would feel the desire to attack you

except other enlightened monks

Underrated

...Also check 'em

>be me
>get punched by communist (non-human)
>repeatedly stab him for violating the NAP and damaging my private property of my body/face/image puncturing his abdomen then gutting his intestines and pry open his ribs so i can harvest his organs to be sold in the free marketTM sell his skin sack off too mount his head on a pike in my front yard as a deterrent to other rats who have urges to violate the private property covenant

>Punch thomas pynchon

>Scream in agony as blood gushes from the marks in your knuckles

Whoa there Hoppe, calm it down, did somebody call you a nerd or something?

>punch Pynchon
>painful buzz
>that madman, he's donned a hand buzzer in preparation for my swing!

I see you put
>TM
After
>freemarket
You realise in any society with a real fee market, among other things, there would be no copyright, patents, etc, right?

nice

>punch a nihilist
>nothing happens

Checked.

You seem to misunderstand. I want a free market for myself, not everyone else, that would be violating the nap

jajajajajaja XD

ja? ja??
jaja?

haha!!

Romanticism? I guess not quite though.

It's a meme. Yes, I've read "against intellectual property" by kinsella
Also isn't me why do people do this

Why did Aurelius went to war then?

>punch myself
>I punch back
>punch myself again in retaliation

>Don't bother emotionally investing yourself when there's nothing you can do.

Marcus aurelius could kick your ass easily and probably would have.