Both science and god?

Does sci believe in both science and god?

What an asinine quote. Don't post here anymore.

great thread

I do.
I have no problems accepting the Big Bang theory, or that there is more to the universe than our mortal coil. I can even believe that God instigated the BB with exactly the right spin to result in what we have today. Omnipotent being with infinite power - not out of his grasp.

you would've been labeled a heretic by the pope for having these beliefs.

Not this shit again.

Veeky Forums IS A CHRISTIAN BOARD!!!
Sciencefags OUT!

Yes a believer in both i have quote i always like to look to for inspiration, spiritually when im down from one of the greatest rocket scientist this world blessed us with werner von braun.

*We knew that we had created a new means of warfare, and the question as to what nation, to what victorious nation we were willing to entrust this brainchild of ours was a moral decision more than anything else. We wanted to see the world spared another conflict such as Germany had just been through, and we felt that only by surrendering such a weapon to people who are guided by the Bible could such an assurance to the world be best secured*

I don't, but I see no conflict between Deism and science, and least as a pet belief which is axiomatic. I imagine it's more comforting than agnosticism.

nah, i don't. religion is a hoax to earn money

Which god?

Yes and you only have to look at your own mind to understand the nature of God.

what's wrong with this
they make a lot of money
scientology is up there

>a species can't even leave their own solar system
>they ask whether or not god exists

>implying a catholic didn't come up with the big bang
son

like climate change?

The existence of a divine being is indisputable unless you honestly believe that reality just happened one day out of literally nothing, the total absence of literally, l i t e r a l l y anything.

If you actually believe that you're a retard.
There is clearly a divine being or beings that set reality into motion and effectively created everything be it intentional or no. If anything it being unintentional would speak to such a being (or beings) being far, far more powerful than if it were to create reality by accident, as such there is simply no way around the fact that there is a divine being (or beings) that existed at a time that we cannot comprehend which created reality itself.

There isn't a single argument to be made against this.

The pope spends all his days tonguing nigger feet. I sincerely doubt he cares.

Obviously.

Sciences masters degrees or phD’s think they know as much as the greatest physicists ever to live.

That’s how incompetent we are.

Fuck off, retard. Veeky Forums is a board for Christian scientists.

Yea, I believe in both.

It’s honestly the difference between knowing a little and knowing a lot.

The more you know the more you know that you don’t know much. Therefore you view the people who simply accept atheism as a scientific equation as fools.

The other side of the equation is a bit different,

Yes. But i separate science and religion as they use different forms of logic.

but the world was there, He arrange it

It depends on the definition of god.

Not really. You can consider religion to be a set of morals that have either been created or that have evolved to produce stable and viable societies.Then, you can use scientific methods to find out and characterize the kind of morals that do give rise to successful religions and societies.

>No "religion vs. science" threads.

MOOOODS!!!

Yes.

I do.

It's not religion vs science you dumbass, it's religion AND science.

I'm a theist. Really like my position, feel really fulfilled. Thinking about leaping into catholicism but I simply cannot accept Jesus and his claims.

I consume the advice and study the Vedas, if that counts as believing in god.

Yes, Gnostic here.

>It's not religion vs science
It is tho. Because these are ultimately designed to ''proof'' the validity of religion/god.

The first one is simply a pic saying "oh see, religious people do science too"

climate change is real but people are abusing it to earn money. difference.

Sauce?

obviously didn't pour enough science

No it is saying ''look, scientists are religious too. Therefor god is real''

There's not a shred of evidence, and given what little we know about the universe, the world and ourselves the idea of a loving and caring creator is too far-fetched.
A deist god is possible albeit the lack of evidence and superfluousness is still disconcerting.

It is scientifically impossible to prove or disprove the existence of an omnipotent god.

A truly omnipotent god could have brought everything into existence 10 minutes ago with all the particles in the universe spawned in motion to give the appearance of a longer lived universe.

That's why I won't argue about the existence of god, but you cannot argue to ignore science because god's in control or whatever. If god took an active hand that science wouldn't be able to explain then that would scientifically prove he exists, then faith in him wouldn't be faith, it would would be logical.

Who is this bootie hootie?

Something exists because something must exist.
Alternatively we are in the 17 umptillionth incarnation of "the universe" that constantly recycles itself and comes back into being upon the heat death being realized. There are many explanations that don't hinge on the existence of "divine beings"
The better argument for there being such beings is the existence of higher dimensions. While it is easy to create valid ideas as to why the universe can exist without external interference it is impossible to disprove the existence of higher dimensional beings which the ancients would recognize as gods without being able to peer into the higher dimensions ourselves.

Protestantism is much more easy going than catholocism

Probably this

Reminder that Heisenberg probably never said this.

Ahhh yes, some mystical being who came from nothing made everything. What even is a god? There are so many definitions of a god, but it's all bullshit that the only narcissistic human beings can turn into a personified being. IF there is a god, they wouldn't be anything, at best they would be all matter and nothing more, I doubt they have any consciousness or control. Oh, I just describe pantheism. Basically, believe in god or not, it really doesn't matter. If you think there is some powerful being out there that gives a shit, I will think you're a primitive being.

>climate change is real but people are abusing it to earn money. difference.
Wow just like God...