What would a book modeled after this comic be like?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw
youtube.com/watch?v=s9K_3NP2MgE
twitter.com/TheOfficialOdie/status/614372429008244736
fatalfarm.com/commercials.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

my diary desu

also check these quads

so close

HOW DID HE PUT THE PIPE IN HIS MOUTH WITH NO HANDS NIGGA GOT FOUR FEET
CAT FUCKING SMOKING PIPE

maybe he just picked it up with his mouth

ONNA TABLE UP HIGH? SHIIT

>when people are still arguing over the merits of books and all you can think about is divinity revealed through Jim Davis

Might as well throw this into the thread.
Maybe it could be the second volume

cats can jump pretty high

FAT CAT

I wonder how much money some of those videos cost to make

Infinite Jest probably, to be honest

garfield smoking weed?????

can someone explain this meme to me?

The humour is almost anti-humour. It's the lower possible form of joke, the sort of thing that is almost funny by not being funny, but not quite. That's the meme.

You didn't get the joke

It's zen humor. Heathcliff is a master of it

>lol how absurd, a cat smoking a pipe!

No
The joke was that it's strange for a cat to smoke a pipe
The reason it's a meme is because that isn't a very funny or obvious punchline

Actually it's a meme because of the hour-long lasagnacat video made about it

Oh damn, didn't know
I've only seen the sexual survey one

It was written in the fucking seventies. Back then people found black and white movies with characters throwing pies at each other's face the height of humor. People are just being faggots and making fun of "outdated" humor.

Now where could my pipe be?
youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw

bitch that pipe is smoking like a chimney, how can a cat strike a match?

watched this the day it came out
favorite part is the fibonacci sequence

people gotta appreciate the context of this, its the type of thing you read in the back of the paper over tea - its not meant to make you role on the floor laughing. It's the joke equivalent of elevator music.

>role on floor laughing
Davies is that you?

sorry, I just drove a car

It really is a masterwork of humor.
The pipe strip follows the form perfectly, condensing all known theory on humor into three panels, yet Davis takes care not to take a single laugh from his audience
"Better that their breath remain in their chest," he thinks. I can't think of another piece of art so subversive yet traditional.

Truly it is the xemplum of human achievement. Never since the time of Homer's Iliad has a piece so poignant and ripe with misery made its way into the hands of such a large audience. Garfield is emblematic of the greatest adversaries, the pivotal King of Hamlet's kingdom, a Goliath if you will.

People just have to repeat the middle panel enough times to truly let it sink in. I'm not a particularly sensitive individual so I had to intensely recite it for a few weeks before the magnificence of the comic became clear to me, but there it was, shining in the dark at 3am on a cold November night.

>"Now where could my pipe be?"

Don't shitpost and drive, user.

The comic is clearly a depiction of the trial of Socrates

>you will never see another work of art like this again in your lifetime

>posting the first day of your life
>not posting the superior second day of your life

It obviously a spiritual journey mirroring Dante's divine comedy
In the first panel John is incontinent, he feels something is wrong but he is prevented from knowing
He is staring into a newspaper, a symbol quite literally of earthy tribulations. He is blinded by earthly pursuits
The shadow points downward showing a spiritual descent, he must face his sins before God will show him his path to redemption
Notice especially the black shadow looming behind him, the evil in the heart of all men, John is lost can still has time to put his malice behind him

The second pannel shows a horizontal shadow, good and evil has struck some equilibrium in John's life with the light overpowering the dark
He puts down his newspaper and asks where his pipe is
God has not yet allowed him into his kingdom but has led him to the path of redemption
It is within John's own will to save himself

The next strip is where Jim Davis really reveals his genius
Rather than showing us John's divine embrace, he merely alludes to it while providing us a framework for our own salvation
The pipe that John had lost had been stolen by Garfield. A cat obviously a relative and even archetype of the lion
The lion of course representing pride, the most deadly sin which led to both Lucifer and Adam's fall from grace
Garfield is also in complete darkness here
Notice the seven stripes on his back, obviously indicative of the seven deadly sins

Jim Davis is asserting that pride is the sin that leads to all sins, and that humility is the only path to heaven

I don't think I've read a better comic in my life. Not even memeing here.

Garfield minus Garfield is good

It's easy to understand. Lasagna Cat is an entire channel dedicated to showing how much of a hack Jim Davis is through heavily veiled parody videos. They prove that the strips are horrible pieces of comedy by providing videos of comedy that are objectively superior. The hour long lecture is a complete joke, no matter how real looking it seems. This one in particular makes fun of how people overanalyze works and postmodernism so you see it all over this board.

Lovely.

You're kidding, right? If anything, people on Veeky Forums don't analyze works with enough depth or substance. It's spot-on when it comes to academia and grade school education, though.

kys pseud

Ceci ne pas une pipe

Sexual Partners Survey would easily have cost more than $20k.

I Am A Cat by Soseki

The level of effort involved is intense.

>mfw watch this now

too deep for me

I thought this was just a basic little joke, then I noticed the time on he clock was changing, the lighting was getting darker, and then that ending was pure kino.

I suspect the owner of the channel is someone who 9 years ago was just creating some little skits, got a real job in the movie industry, and now suddenly had time and money enough, and the skill, to create something of his own. It's actually quite incredible.

>and now
youtube.com/watch?v=s9K_3NP2MgE
This video was shown in one their most recent videos and it was uploaded in 2012.
twitter.com/TheOfficialOdie/status/614372429008244736
This tweet was shown in another video and it was made in 2015.

They have been making these videos for the last nine years and are only now uploading them. The rabbit hole only gets deeper from here.

like you wouldn't know already

The scene behind the window/door is consistent too. When things move right-left (e.g.) through the scene behind the door frame, in realtime they then move through the window on the left. There's also the sheer variety of custom-built mannequins.

TELEPHONE SCAM CHARGED WITH GROSS PRIVACY VIOLATION
UNFOCUSED JOKE GRANTED TOO MANY RESOURCES AND TIME--ULTIMATELY CONFUSES

>weedmemes.com

>I suspect the owner of the channel is someone who 9 years ago was just creating some little skits, got a real job in the movie industry, and now suddenly had time and money enough, and the skill, to create something of his own. It's actually quite incredible.

they're Fatal Farm.

Fatal Farm is possibly the highest paid advertising production agency in the entire world. they are the last resort when everything else has failed. they charge a quarter of a million dollars just to bounce ideas around for half an hour with the team. which, by the way, is like 11 people. that's the entire company. Fatal Farm is the absolute pinnacle, the elite of advertising production, they just do not fail to create compelling content that will move units off of shelves. considering all this, it's also natural that they're individuals of great wisdom, ambition, intelligence, creativity, and artistic talent, who enjoy making the weird kind of art only those that are both gifted to the point of genius and wealthy beyond concern could make.

ALVINNNNNNN!!!

Kek

The rage room is when it starts to get good

Is this true? When I google them all I can find are links to lasagnacat

fatalfarm.com/commercials.html

Holy cow. Why is this not my job?

>you will never be Don Draper from the 21st century and make meta-ironic absurd parody satirical videos

Feels bad man. At least I'm going to be a STEMfag and use my income to do things that I love.

I wish the whole channel was stuff like this

No shilling

Garfield has thumbs.

One more favour

nobody here will ever come within 200 feet of anyone who is remotely aware of where to go to find someone who has the resources and need to use fatal farm for anything. you idiot.

i'll