Dinosaurs

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5fIAPcVdZO8
youtube.com/watch?v=aDaOgu2CQtI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They (((evolved))) to fit their surroundings.

Naturally, brainlets got BTFO

Mass extinction

The planet couldn't fit megafauna anymore.

What baffles me is why avians, out of all dinosaurs, survived while the rest didn't. Besides flight, what was the difference between an avian dinosaur, a paravian dinosaur, and a theropod dinosaur? Why didn't the latter two didn't survive even when species such as Troodon, Deinonychus, Microraptor and Velociraptor were similar enough?

Feathers allowed avians to thermoregulate and better weather the extinction event on land.

Why didn't feathered non-avian dinosaurs didn't survive, then?

>... didn't... didn't...
I fucked up but you get what I meant.

they were busy protesting against the climate change and forget to adapt

>The planet couldn't fit megafauna anymore.

Aliens actually took all the cool dinosaurs for zoos and left us with the shit ones

Size, mobility, diet, probably a combination of all those and luck. As avian dinosaurs gained greater mobility the ones with less mobility were out competed. After the big asteroid mobile avians were better suited for rapid and long range migration at lower energy expenditure to chase dwindling food sources.

You aren't wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=5fIAPcVdZO8

less oxygen in the atmosphere means smaller organisms

how come all the dino skellys have been found by the british archeological association, and not some fuckass dumb construction digger or mining company?

This is a fucking meme. Before humans started their fucking rampaging, the largest mammals during the Cenozoic included the largest Mammoths, which lived with humans. These were the size of T-Rex.

>less oxygen in the atmosphere

Fucking hell

Reminder that dinosaur bones are just the bones of giants that "scientists" have disguised and tricked humanity with. The truth is shocking...

Trajectory of asteroid or comet.

Those usually just get trashes and or unnoticed since those guys are just trying to get a job done.

Dude, the amount of oxygen in the atmosphere has nothing to do with humans, a few 100 million years ago, there were no bacteria that could dissolve trees, so natrually the atmosphere filled with more and more oxygen. When the trees started composing the amount of oxygen in the atmosphere decreased.

Mammals added estrogen to their drinking water.

Food was scarce after extinction and dinosaurs were too big.

This sounds interesting. So a better thermal regulation plus the ability to go through long distances with little energy probably helped.

It still begs some more questions, but I may be nitpicking too much.

Some dinosaurs were very small, and they didn't make it either.

SHIEET

WE WUZ DINOS AND SHIEET

I would like to add that the reproduction strategy of avians is quite unique, as it is a hearty mix of R and K types, this could also account for some success.

>Mesa cause one, two-y little bitty axadentes, huh? Yud say boom de gasser, den crashin der bosses heyblibber, den banished.

What, like a car grill?

>that le shiggy diggy goblet stem

Mammals, while smaller, outcompeted dinosaurs in niches where being of a small size was an advantage, all except niches that required flight.

oh and the asteroid created conditions where being big is bad, plant life died or declined, large herbivores which had to eat throughout the day died out, as did their predators

small animals that ate the insects that fed on rotting vegetation had a food source, though the majority would still perish

Yes, look at the OP pic, do you think any of them would have survived in a car grill?

The Jews did it

Velociraptors turned into cassowaries.
Have you heard those fuckers? Literal dinosaurs.

Uh, idt that's how phylogeny or evolution works

They did the evolution.
youtube.com/watch?v=aDaOgu2CQtI

Only the flying ones were able to stay on earth.

>Mammoths
>Whales
>Moa and Haast's Eagle
>Giant Ground Sloths
>Wooly Rhinos
>etc.

>besides flight
I dunno, mate. Flight seems like a pretty big advantage when you're scrounging for little bits of surviving food after a global cataclysm.

>he doesn't know about terror birds

Alien nuke bomb eradicated them to make way for humans.

They are smaller and therefore can stay warmer

They didnt a build a wall and were overwhelmed by mammal immigration

Reptiles are descended from dinosaurs too, you know?

WRONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

While the terminology gets complicated since dinosaurs and birds are technically reptiles, I'm going to assume you're talking about Class Reptilia. Check the pic, man. You'll notice squamates and crocodilians don't diverge from the dinosaurs.

The eternal mammal