Paper books or ebooks

paper books or ebooks

Yes.

They both have their good points.

Those are nice editions in your OP, I have a few myself.

Paper always, but ebooks are fine

You know what?

My diary desu.

Paper. You don't actually own e-books.

i would like to have a library one day. great men of learning have always accumulated and read the great books, and i do not have a vagina, so i buy books.

Whatever I can afford. (Ebooks)

books when I can afford/access them

ebooks when I can't bother carry/finding books

audiobooks when I work out/do chores

Lincoln ended up with only the Bible, Shakespeare, Plutarch, and some poetry in his library.

Books. They look good on my shelf.

He also ended up with a bullet in his head, what a fag.

Paper if it's of personal significance/hard to find

ebooks if you just want to read something. It's like game piracy. Like it enough and you'll buy it.

>buying ebooks

This has to be the DUMBEST thing I've ever heard.

I prefer physical books, but I have neither room nor money, so I have an ereader. All the books I want without ever having to pay for them.

No wonder he ruined America.

Quality literature I usually buy paper, especially if I have gift cards for them.

Sci-fi and questionable lit, usually ebooks.

Dear diary: today, that other user was wrong.

Second hand paperbacks. Ebooks when I'm truly broke.

i love owning the actual book, but it sucks because i like carrying around books everywhere and i don't like to ruin edges :*( GAH !!!! ;o;

Ebooks for articles, short essays, etc. Anything longer I need paper books.
Ebooks also allow me to discover a text or an author so that I can decide whether I'll save money to buy his book.
>Pléiade and Library of America really are the best way to get the complete work of an author or a great anthology. And they're not more expensive than a pile of crap paperbacks.

Audio books

Wrap them in a plastic bag.

i'm also conflicted about future purchases. i don't like carrying around heavy books. but i hate reading off a screen. it's a cruel world.

Why does it matter?

I hope they invent some kind of physical ebook hybrid where I can flip the pages but load in books

hardcovers only, and throw away the paper covering.