Why my cookies always turn out so flat?

Why my cookies always turn out so flat?

Other urls found in this thread:

theperfectchocolatechipcookie.com/instruct.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

chill them before you bake them, at least 20 minutes.

Roll them like a cylinder tube in Saran wrap and refrigerate them overnight. Preheat your oven. Done.

Flat, crispy cookies are my preferred type, actually. Those look spectacular user

You need more yeast

Read this

theperfectchocolatechipcookie.com/instruct.php

Either your baking soda is expired or you're flattening them before you put them in the oven.
Put ~1" spheres of cookie dough on the baking sheet, if that's what you're doing.

Holy fuk that's genius. Thanks

Add the smallest bit of baking powder.

you keep fucking up the recipe

what are you doing measuring two half cups of flour instead of the proper 2 and a half cups of flour

Too much butter or too little flour.

if its not to little flour he is prolly MELTING his fucking butter.....DON'T MELT THE BUTTER

gib recipe. i want flat crispy cookies.

i melt my butter and that doesnt happen, as stated before, either
expired baking soda
dough not cold enough.
though that looks more of bad baking soda.

heres my butter btw

OP, test your baking soda by mixing a little with vinegar and seeing if it fizzes. If it doesn't, throw it out and get a new box.

use crisco
butter is 15% water.

This. Would eat

Nice to meet you Butter.

What's happened to him?

I thought the art of cooking was to make your food look appealing not appalling.

Why dey putta dick inna pussy??

Fuck of back to /mu/.

The nerd? Still going, love the fella.

i poured vinegar into my baking soda but had t oget a new one cos it had fuckin vinegar in it...

could also be an excess of sugar?

Is your butter too soft or melted? That always makes my cookies spread more. They aren't ever as flat as that, though. Your flour to butter ratio is probably off.

Kek

>yeast
???

Don't melt your butter.
Don't cream your butter to much.
Chill your dough before baking.

Problems solved.

what does creaming butter too much look like

If you whip your butter so hard and fast that it turns whitish and looks like cream, you went to far.

Pull your butter out of the fridge a couple hours before you want to make cookies. When you mix the butter, do it just enough to incorporate the other ingredients. If you portion them out and bake them right away, the butter is warm and 'melts' when it goes in the oven, creating a flat, crispy cookie. If you refrigerate the dough first, then portion and bake, the butter is cold when it enters the oven and won't 'melt'. This will help create a taller and chewier cookie.

You need the dough to be cold to stop it from spreading so much. Refrigerate it until it's chilled, or scoop out your cookies and put them in the freezer for 10-20 minutes until they're cold. It takes longer for cold butter to melt in the oven which means less spread.

>measuring flour in cups at all
>not using a scale
>mfw
if you like baking you should get a scale, they're not that expensive and it's the only way to get consistent measurements of flour

Refrigerating cookie dough is not necessary if the dough is made properly.

That's depends. If you live in a warmer area the butter will be softer and closer to melting than it would be if you lived somewhere colder, so refrigerating could be necessary.

I can't believe all you people actually think the issue is his butter is melted or he needs to refrigerate it.

You either added too little flour, or too little baking powder. Possibly both. Too much flour will make your cookies kind of cakey reduce the flavor. Cooling your dough is kind of a meme. Just measure out the baking soda/powder and flour better next time. add in more flour if you need too, sometimes you just need to practice

>i can't believe everyone else is wrong and i'm the only person who can be right

>add more flour
If you measured properly OP, don't do this.
>cooling dough is a meme
No, it's not you moron. Especially in these hot summer months, cooling your dough will guarantee that your cookies don't spread to much.

Is this a repeat of that dude who used like an eighth of the flour in the recipe?

fuck it, less eat this thing.