33 year old internet personality gaming reviewer

>33 year old internet personality gaming reviewer
>already has 3 published books

Meanwhile what are you doing with your life?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_goo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Finishing my math PhD.

Only one of them is semi-readable though. Also Yahtzee is a very sad and insecure man, LDO showed me that.

I'm writing things that, I hope, have actual literary merit. In time I hope to be recognized for my talent. I take some solace in the fact that a lot of great writers weren't instant successes.

>there now exist ~37 hours worth of Zero Punctuation episodes
>the series will be 10 years old this August

3 ?
he had mogworld and that jelly thing what´s the third?

I seriously doubt you can get a reliable picture of someone by watching Let's Plays.

He just released it.

>he doesn't watch BroTeamPill

They weren't really let's plays, but more him and his friend playing a game and chatting over the top about life and interests. But he's always been petty, quick to judge, has opinions that reveal his tastelessness and is easy to upset. Watch the 'Chulip' episode were him and his friend get into a very heated and personal argument near the end and tell me he isn't troubled.

neat thanks

This actually looks pretty interesting, and I am not a fan of genre fiction. What is "mogworld" about? What jelly thing? I assume you know what these things are since you have posted this. Apologies if not.

Not him, but these are the summaries of both books

> (Mogworld) In a world full to bursting with would-be heroes, Jim couldn't be less interested in saving the day. His fireballs fizzle. He's awfully grumpy. Plus, he's been dead for about sixty years. When a renegade necromancer wrenches him from eternal slumber and into a world gone terribly, bizarrely wrong, all Jim wants is to find a way to die properly, once and for all. On his side, he's got a few shambling corpses, an inept thief, and a powerful death wish. But he's up against tough odds: angry mobs of adventurers, a body falling apart at the seams - and a team of programmers racing a deadline to hammer out the last few bugs in their AI.

> (Jam) We were prepared for an earthquake. We had a flood plan in place. We could even have dealt with zombies. Probably. But no one expected the end to be quite so... sticky... or strawberry scented.

I think Jam was a flop though.

I didn't read Jam but Mogworld read like a videogame plot

Sounds like it, he's a game reviewer after all

this and
Jam is an apocalypse with a literally jam that floods a city and kills shit that gets into it

Mogworld is if i remember correctly leaned onto world of warcraft or just in general those type of games

Gabe is irritating as fuck though, anyone would come off like an angry dick if they had to talk to him for 2 hours straight

>Jam is an apocalypse with a literally jam that floods a city and kills shit that gets into it
So... the Blob?

You can hate him, but you can't deny he is living the literary lifestyle more than almost anyone

less active
it´s more like the blob flooded the whole place and is now too lazy to advance upwards

>Watch the 'Chulip' episode were him and his friend get into a very heated and personal argument near the end and tell me he isn't troubled.
Have you never had a fight like that with any of your close friends? Might have been a mistake to post it online but still, it's not a sign of being depressed or anything.

Neat. I might give them a torrent if I can. Sounds like at least a slightly entertaining read if nothing else.

Masturbating and Shitposting

>232 pages
Whew.

This one made me kek so hard i cried desu

which one is the readable one? I got halfway through mogworld and quit.

Don't read any of the others then. Can I ask where and why you stopped? I actually finished Mogworld, and to be honest it was better than I was expecting of a book made by a mediocre game critic who bases his taste of 'good writing' off Douglas Adams, Terry Pratchett and games like Bioshock or Silent Hill 2.

Praise Allah the cover tells me this is "A Satirical Sci-Fi Adventure". How would we have known otherwise?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_goo

it's a common trope

>I think Jam was a flop though.
It didn't sell as well as Mogworld but I liked it. The idea that the only people that survive the apocalypse are losers who didn't go out to work or whatever when it happened and that the new society follows the social dynamics of an internet forum was pretty amusing.

And the only thing he will be remembered for is the epic "Rechner Herrenvolk" maymay

The audiobook versions of Mogworld and Jam are performed by Yatzee himself,and Mogworld was a lot of fun,Jam not so much,but I will try to give it a second go eventually.

I've watched it and I really do agree with you.

>HURR DURR CONDESCENDING AND SARCASM = WIT
>yahtzee virgin logic

The amount of irony in this post is astounding.

I think Jam would make a good movie

Aha, that's it. I kept wondering what was off about Jam when I read it and now I understand. The exposition is exactly like a movie, this gave it a sort of stilted and inorganic quality that hindered it as a story, but I think it would do well on a screen indeed.

You know, I sent a message to Bro Team during the early days and they read it in one of the vids.

That was about 2013 so it's fucking amazing how they're still going considering all they do is shout very loudly.

>not a millennial
>doing okay for himself

Why am I not surprised?

He's not even good at knowing good game stories.

Check out his "review" of Dragon's Dogma. The story has a chosen one protagonist and cliches are bad, see. Never mind choice is the central concern of the story.

more than most

>itt Veeky Forums shits on a fellow autist who got published because he got published
what a thread

I haven't played the game so maybe there's more to this than it sounds like, but the chosen one struggling against his destiny and questioning whether he has any freedom is also an overdone cliche at this point.

Silent Hill 2 is Veeky Forums, leave this board

I'm not saying it's shit, I'm saying you shouldn't hold it up as a prime example of how you became an author. You need to read literature, you can't subsist off comedy pulp and video games to write books.

I'm really not all that sure, friend.

>having to let people know its satire on the cover
what a gay fucking planet this is

>Old fuck that still spergs over videogames
>Has 3 shitty books

What am I doing? Not feeling threatened, that's for sure

Reading literature
Finished writing a novel
Work in prosthetics

22 years old

I'm working in a warehouse full time, living with my grandparents, buying equipment to self-record a demo album, thinking about getting into writing as a side hobby, thinking about where am I going to move, thinking about how I have no friends anymore. Thinking about how I will probably never overthrow this rut of poverty due to my ineptitude at anything other than thing's that are creative and 99% of the time make 0 dollars, and the fact that I will never get into college because I can't afford it.

You think I am fucked?

He's writing Terry Pratchett-esque comedy pulp, not serious literature. Readng light genre and playing video games is alright if that's your only goal.

it's not really the same thing as video game writers trying to do something serious while inspired by cartoons and anime.

It's not so much more to it than it sounds like, as it is just not like that.

>really enjoy watching these when i'm like 14
>as I get older get more and more turned off by his annoying cynicism
>realize this whole time he was just a sad thirty year old whose life revolves around videogames

sad desu

What do you think the cut-off for being a millennial is? A lot of people put it at 1980 or so, so he still would be.