Real-life actual /literary/ memes

>Writing in a Moleskine notebook
>Name-dropping philosophers on Twitter to impress girls
>Consciously attempt a persona and image of being a disheveled intellectual

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LrE5OCRgfSg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thanks for the guide, just made my order on amazon (I have Prime, so I'll likely be an existentialist by the end of the week)

>farting whenever you finish a paragraph to help others keep track of your progress

Camels are good and the boots are comfortable. Fuck you.

How about doing none of those things and smoking Marlboro instead ?

w2c these boots senpai?

>refers to self as "Existentialist" or "nhilist", etc.
>black and white pictures
>general brooding/pondering look
>goes to coffee shops just to read

Literally everything in this pack is gay/bad except for Dosto and the boots.

>Thanks for the guide, just made my order on amazon (I have Prime, so I'll likely be an existentialist by the end of the week)

ITT: people try to justify shitty city-boy boots

That's the point

"Existentialist" here
>Boots are objectively comfy/effay, got mine on now
>Don't smoke, but camels are fine.
The meme existentialists roll their own cigarettes in New York, OP.
>Men drinking red wine
shiggy
>All that shit terrible music
I respect Gira, but that's all I have for Gira. Also, the rest of that meme pile
>4 works of seminal literature

I'm missing your point here, OP

Fuck off Cleetus

Look I get everything on this thing is shit, but please someone tell me where to get these boots. Please

You're literally a pleb if you don't like soundtracks for the blind, it's a great album.

>deathconsciousness
>closer
>soundtracks for the blind
>gybe

all good albums tho

people that live for the image ruin all sincere enjoyment

>can someone help me find generic black boots

No, they're not. It's self indulgent wankery. Little musical talent. I hate Gira especially because he's textbook poseur.

Nothing on that list is shit.

>RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT

Military boots made in that particular style are very rare nowadays, your shitty black doc martens are not those boots

>self-indulgent wankery
I don't understand why this is bad or makes bad art
>I hate Gira
he's a bad person but a good artist. his lyrics are compelling and he has interesting compositional techniques and is influential in the underground

>red wine
>cigarettes of any kind
>camus
>le nhilism man
>sartre
>shitty post rock
>average post punk (not mentioning that post punk is the biggest poseur genre ever)
Dostoyevsky is the only redeemable thing here, and it doesn't even have his best work, just the one with the most aesthetic cover.

everything on this list is "Basic bitch trying to be Veeky Forums"

>red wine
literally one of the best drinks ever
>cigarettes
you've definitely never smoked
>camus
ehhh The Plague was good
>sartre
being and nothingness is astonishing
>shitty post rock
recommend me better post rock or you are a faggot
>average post-punk
see above

Post rock, post punk are both "I'm 14 and think I'm REALLY into music" -core, or freshman radio at community college-core music. It's gimmicky and there's nothing remarkable about them past aesthetic.

>you've definitely never smoked

Yeah, and why would I? My parents didn't smoke despite growing up in the soviet union, which is a miracle considering everyone smoked there at the time, you think I'm going to throw that away and smoke anyway? Fuck off. Red wine is a woman's drink.

>It's gimmicky and there's nothing remarkable about them past aesthetic.
how
>red wine is a woman's drink
literally why. almost every court of masters sommelier is a man. you sound like you just don't have the patience for it and would prefer to project a bullshit macho-sophist image
>cigarettes
only sheep get addicted. it feels good to smoke and it helps you write. which is why tons of writers smoke. willful ignorance on your part m8

>being THIS pseudointellectual
How's your open relationship going?

low level b8 and damage control
I'm in a monogamous happy relationship, friend

>only sheep get addicted

>I c-can quit ANYTIME I want!

it's true. anyone with internal sensitivity and discipline can avoid addiction. I smoke once or twice a month

JFC, so THIS is the type of person that this starter pack applies to

see >everything on this list is "Basic bitch trying to be Veeky Forums"

Wine, cigarettes, and the boots are irrelevant to the rest of the materials. Everything else is high quality; the fact that you could call them "entry-level" doesn't debase them.
You just don't know what you're talking about. Your comments are "I'm 20 and I'm NOT A POSEUR" -core
dropped

>JFC, so THIS is the type of person that this starter pack applies to
dude I've already been through my edgy existentialist phase. over and done. on to greener pastures

I can tell you're a tough guy from this post.

It is.
>Everything else is high quality;
Go post about it on RYM bro, the stuff on here is aesthetic trash.

>I can tell you're a tough guy from this post.
nah. I've just done things and know what they are like, unlike everyone posting in this thread

>nah. I've just done things and know what they are like, unlike everyone posting in this thread

>have a nice life
>GYBE
>no musical talent.

Stop. Just fucking stop.

youtu.be/LrE5OCRgfSg

this

me and my 15 year old high school friends literally played this at a talent show, this doesnt call for much talent

also, inb4 RULE 2, this was in 2010, when I still took /mu/ seriously.

>MUHHHHHHHH POST ROCK
i remember when i was 14 too

> playing skills
>same as compositional skills

You are a fucking moron

theres literally nothing impressive about any aspect of this music

Muh shitposting!!!

Find something better to do with your dull ass life.

>interesting lyrics
>awesome song structures
>compelling narrative
>quality musicianship
>sui generis musical project

"literally nothing impressive"
edgelords bGON

Yea you've never read C and p

>Red wine is a woman's drink.

oldfag bum here; drink is drink.

Do you even know what any of these mean or are you just scrambling for means of giving them praise?

Have you ever as much as picked up an instrument either? Post-rock fans usually haven't.

>telling someone to improve their lives
>on Veeky Forums

I play two

>Not liking have a nice life and joy division

:)

>twitter
wew lad

>bus gets to work 30mins before shift starts
>sit in the cafe across the road and read
>they think I'm so kind of weird poser who shows up in nice clothes, orders an espresso and sits there long after it's finished

Why am I so self conscious

That's the Proust of albums man who tf listens to that shit. I have never once in my life met someone who unironically enjoys Swans

I met another Swans fan in an Ikea once

It's not even a difficult album to listen to. If you can't sit through and enjoy soundtracks for the blind, how the fuck can you seriously sit down and read a good book?

>Twitter
>not snapchat
time to get off the computer gramps

"F A ∞." is the only unjustified inclusion on that list.

I like Joy Division enough. Don't care about Swans. If he really wanted to agitate he should have put Everything Is on there.

Also Nausea alongside L'etranger. Mama mia!

Red wine is better than white but thats the only thing I have to say about it. Camel is better than marlboro also

Swans can sound nice. I haven't been able to get into the Filth style stuff, but the four newest albums have been good

They're jump boots m8, airborne infantry wear them as part of their dress uniform, like cavalry wearing spurs and faggy hats

>soundtracks for the blind
>not pretenious softrock

>>refers to self as "Existentialist" or "nhilist", etc.
this is so embarrassing
along with having your MBTI on your twitter profile
or retweeting """"funny"""" """intellectual"""" memes such as Existential Comics or, if you're more of a STEM fag, xkcd

What's wrong with wine?

>or retweeting """"funny"""" """intellectual"""" memes

kantbot and the other frogs might get a pass on this but mostly twitter is for reddit fucks and you are reddit in denial if you are angry about shit you see "retweeted" in the first place

>I don't like posers because they put association before actual enjoyment
>I also hate things because of association
I don't get it

Dear sweet Jesus what I wouldn't do for a pack of Camels right now

like going outside and buy one ?

Soundtracks for the Blind is shit.

Filth, Cop, Children of God and The Great Anihilator are better.

But cancer user. I want them to also be good for you. I'm sorry I forgot to mention that but my nerves are very frazzled right now.

you can still get a cancer from pollution or god knows what
I smoke but not very often so I don't get the big problems and I can still enjoy it

but good luck if you want to stop, that's a good thing

>I can distinctly remember a moment where I was listening to Godspeed You! Black Emperor while smoking and drinking red wine
Am I a living meme Veeky Forums?

same but in an ocean state job lot

nah you a normie

Are you William Gass?

I wish

i drink wine and smoke every day, nothing gay about it

Whats is "wrong" with drinking wine? You can choose from a wide range of wonderful tastes.

It's marketed towards women for some reason so most "men" think it's faggy or some shit. You're only a man if you drink shitty American beer!

>most "men" think it's faggy
Maybe in some rural American shitholes. Not really representative of the civilized world.

Yeah, I live in a rural place and this is what people think. Probably should have specified.

Childhood is loving The Stranger.
Adolescence is hating The Stranger for being entry-level.
Adulthood is realizing that it was a good book all along.

>camels are good
ughh.
better than Marlboro but still shit.

I don't live in America And i rarely drink a beer. Then again, i don't mind doing something womanly.

Don't forget your Turtleneck sweater.

What if I told you that I know a girl that does exactly those things and she has a bunch of yesmen following her on facebook and defending her like the knights of the white round table? I want to call her out on her bullshit but it's impossible without having her cuck squad after me. She posts nietszche quotes all the time but doesnt enact on any of it. She posts memes all day too.

I should stop going on facebook.

I had a music teacher in HS who chain smoked, wore tweed blazers and spent his breaks in a cafe around the corner well into his 50s.
He was also a weeb and made us write haikus once.
Actually one of the better teachers there.

Delete it.

>Woman liking Nietzsche
Now that's Stockholm syndrome

Turn it off. Just go for it. I turned mine off months ago and everything is fine. Real downside is you won't get invited to shit like parties often because you can't receive event invites
>
but if you want, you can still retain the messenger app and talk to your friends that way without having to deal with all of everyone's posts.

>What if I told you that I know someone dumb
wew

kys yourself

Care to elaborate?

rec me some mans drinks user.

he doesn't undertand the difference between Nietzsche and Schopenhauer on the issue of women.
t. different user.

>masters sommelier

I did when I was 17
Now I've grown up and exclusively read Tolstoy

>you are reddit in denial if you are angry about shit you see "retweeted" in the first place
TAKE IT BACK

True patrician is hating everything (including yourself)
Never enjoy ANYTHING

>reads Dostoyevski
*grows up*
>reads Tolstoi

bhahahahahaha.
more like: you became weaker.