Does making disparaging comments about the Jewish people invalidate ones Philosophy?

Does making disparaging comments about the Jewish people invalidate ones Philosophy?

If invalidate means, residing in validity, then damn skippy straight

Which Philosophy?

no

I mean it didn't bother Frege

if they try hard enough to invalidate it then yes

much like boasian anthropology successfully overthrew Charles darwins theories

read 'culture of critique'

you are downplaying the anti-semitic elements of his philosophy.

a major theme in his later thinking is the destructive force of technology and technological thinking in the modern world. in his posthumously published notebooks, he makes it clear that he believed that there was an essential link between the jews and this technology, and he also held that the germans would play a unique historical role in re-establishing the spiritual core of europe, overcoming technology and restoring humanity to closer connection with being.

that isn't just some disparaging remarks, that is incorporating key nazi ideas into the heart of one's thinking

people can still argue about what is or isn't worthwhile in his thought, but you need to honestly face the depth and centrality of this line of thinking in his philosophy

No, Heidegger was actually redpilled.

Will Trump carry on Hitler's ambitions save for a few "repentant jews"?

Isn't that the definition of an ad hominem?

the difference between frege and heidegger is that frege's anti-semitism was largely irrelevant to his philosophy. at least his work in logic, which is the important stuff, is completely devoid of anti-semitism. in the same way that newton believed in alchemy yet that doesn't undermine his work in physics.

with heidegger the situation is much more complicated. at first it looked more like the frege situation, but the recently published black notebooks make the anti-semitic elements harder to separate from the rest of his thinking. some major heidegger scholars resigned or denounced him when those were first published, but there is still some controversy about how much of it is essential to his philosophy and how much of it was just personal prejudice

>Heidegger named and blamed the Jew
Wtf, I love Heidegger now. How do I get into his philosophy. I read Mein Kampf and some Nietzsche. Does that help?

user I was shitposting, but I appreciate your thoughtful response. I haven't had a chance to dig through the black books yet, but it does seem that what he was doing between 30-35 or so was an attempt to co-opt nazi ideology to his own philosophy - especially during his abortive time as rector.

One of the weirdest aspects of his antisemitism, is that his student/lover Arendt would wind up appropriating aspects of his philosophy in a critique of the totalitarian project.

You should start by getting Being and Time. Then you should get a few Cambridge companion pieces to it. Then you should set some firm rope and hang yourself if you think Heidegger's work should be compared in any way to mein kampf. Woke yourself into the next life.

(If you decide against suicide, then i wasn't joking about the Cambridge companion works. Safranski's "Between Good and Evil" is a good biography, and Aristotle/Kant/Kierkegaard/Foucualt actually all offer some real support for understanding the texts.

Trump is the most degenerate form of mediatic crap.
I can see no worth coming from such a parasitic trash.

This hits the nail pretty much on the head. I just think it's not particularly difficult to separate 'jews' from 'technologically mobilizing factors of being' in regards to his philosophy.

Nothing wrong with Transhumanism

>One of the weirdest aspects of his antisemitism, is that his student/lover Arendt would wind up appropriating aspects of his philosophy in a critique of the totalitarian project.

yeah, many 20th century continental thinkers borrowed a lot from heidegger and now scholars are working through how much of heidegger's anti-semitism is implicated in that work. two major examples are derrida's work as a whole and foucault's later work on biopower, which explicitly draws from heidegger's late critiques of technology

i love jewish tears

I don't see how transhumanism has anything to do with jews, also I'm right-wing

All around you is a real discussion and you decide to shitpost

please take your tribal shitflinging about current events back to /pol/, people here are trying to have a discussion

is this the most jewish post in Veeky Forums's history?

>"real" discussion
>on antisemitism

how can there be a discussion on that which does not exist

It's kind of sad that they renounced him so quickly, it seems like intellectual cowardice.

But I guess these people work in an environment where dead white males are considered to be a priori evil and wrong, and might face pressure from colleagues and administrators if they did not make an immediate and strident condemnation.

>But I guess these people work in an environment where dead white males are considered to be a priori evil and wrong

this isn't true of academic philosophy at all

>It's kind of sad that they renounced him so quickly, it seems like intellectual cowardice.

it wasn't that quick really. that heidegger had connections to the nazis and to anti-semitism had been known for a long time and had been the subject of scholarly work for just as long. what was new was some unpublished notebooks that placed those connections more centrally in his thinking. a lot of scholars had previously held the view that those elements of heidegger's thinking were unfortunate but could be ignored, and then those notebooks made it harder to maintain that view. their reaction wasn't sudden but reflected the effect of new evidence on positions they had worked out carefully beforehand.

sort yourself out.

regards, jude
He was right

Going against transhumanism is going against your phone, your car, your internet, even your toilet.

Yes? I go innawoods for prolonged periods of time already. The only reason I don't live like it is because due to being cucked by modernity I lack some skills necessary to be a human.

>deluded jewish schizobabble

i suppose your race is amongst the most inbred

Wat

I'm not jewish

>mfw Heidegger is right

No it isn't.

Heidegger's core thought is about Being. That's it. After that it's just applications. If he wants to arbitrarily designate Jews as being specially evil after laying out his idea of Dasein then oh well.

His metaphysics and approach to phenomenology have nothing to do with outdated racial theories, so he's fine.

you effectively are

likely you have some latent blood you dont know of

Ok

I unironically like philosophers who were anti-semitic even more.

Why are they unfortunate?

Well, Marx said that Jews were niggers, so yeah, it's problematic.

I honestly have to agree with this more; while it's certainly possible to claim Heidegger's philosophy and inclinations lead towards anti-Semitism (an 'The American Interest' article seems to claim something similar) it's clear from even cursory glance that it serves no essential function in the philosophy as such.

Heidegger himself might have believed his philosophy was closely connected to his anti-Semitism and Nazi sympathies - but he was wrong.

If 'but he hates Jews!' is the best argument you can come up with when describing and trying to criticise someone's philosophy you're just showing your lack of ability to give proper analysis.

You're reducing a whole set of ideas to one things you dislike ans try to gain on credibility by fishing for political points, because that's what everyone does in this Marxist culture.

>everyone does in this Marxist culture.
>this Marxist Culture
Where do you live, 1920s Russia?

Also, Marxists fucking love Heidegger, the epitome of 'Cultural Marxism' Marcuse himself adored him.

No it isn't

>Heidegger's core thought is about Being

Being cant just be isolated from what Heidegger talks about with technology. It isnt that clear because it is wrapped up in Dasein, and our world is filled with the technological mode of Being.

This is the problem when you make interpretations of the world rather than clear arguments.

Not talking about Heidegger, but about people who are hinting at anti-Semitism today in the west.

And our culture is filled with leftists/liberals/Marxists today.

>leftists/liberals/Marxists
That part alone shows how little idea you have of anything you're saying.

Do you not realize that marxists and liberals hate each other? Do you also not realize that marxists are being completely marginalized by the liberal establishment? All the marxist theorists had SOME ideas that were influental but at large they were fought against hard by the social democratic liberals.

no. lots of people hate the jews and can tell you exactly why. at some point you have to realize that these people aren't just hating them for the fun of it, and it'd be irrational to think that they're all just being emotional (for some reason), rather than actually having thought out, valid points.

And for good reason. Marxism led to the deaths of millions of people, was incredibly harmful. This is what happens when you try to apply a cognitive ideology to real life.

I'd agree that his critique of technology is linked with his ontology but I think that system works just fine without the jews in there.

I read some of his postwar lectures on technology (das gestell) and it's all very lucid and imo still relevant and there's little overt antisemitism there. I think his stance to technology is actually completely paradox with his nazism - he was a technophobe that wanted to go back the old, nature loving ways... and then he joined the most modern, advanced and technology minded ideology at the time?

And capitalism has never killed anyone, right?

Obviously Stalinism was bad, but even if I concede the point that he was really a state capitalist and we call him a marxist, I don't get how people can so worked up over him but just completely waive the continued atrocities of capitalism away which outstrip any deaths by supposed communists by god knows how much.

>heidegger scholars resigned or denounced him when those were first published
Wow that must be a special type of virtue signaling.

Yes. Jews are chosen people and if you criticize them you are lower than dog. As a gentile myself I think we owe reparation for shoah.

Only if you are a gentile.

Heidegger influenced the shit out of Jewish philosophers like Arendt, Hans Jonas, Marcuse, Derrida and more.

>outdated

Weren't Jews frequently linked to technology and capitalism throughout the 19th and early 20th century anyways, and not even by people who were particularly antisemitic? Wagner, granted that he was a pronounced antisemite, complained that Jewish composers and conductors were too "mechanical", and others thought Jews were overly rational. Seems like Heidegger just picked up on those common cultural currents that had existed for over a century, it doesn't invalidate his critique of modernity and technology just because we have firmly separated Jews from capitalism, technology since the 1940s.

Good goy.
If A and B hate each other, it doesn't mean that both A and B cannot exist at once.

>Heidegger and Ezra Pound were both Jew Aware
>Both of them are the best in their fields
Hmmm, really initiates the synapses in the brain.

Obviously, but right wingers often act as they were always working together, which they aren't.

/thread