Does IQ matter in physics?

Hey /sci, when I was 8, I was IQ tested by a professional pshychologist, scoring a weak 103 points. Despite being told I was a brainlet my whole life, I worked very hard to qualify for my countries physics olympiad team. I just received news that I was accepted into the physics camp, which consists of the top 25 students in Australia.

Richard Feynman also notoriously only had an IQ of 125. Does IQ even matter in physics?

Olympads are for cucks - you memorize a few shitty formulas and you are golden. No thought needed.

Also i did not expect better from kangaroo fuckers

yes user work really hard and all your dreams will come true :^)

The only possible way that your IQ can change is if it decreases due to drug use. It's been shown time and again that it never increases.

Nah you're lying. Probably studying computer science.

>citation needed
>also citation needed for other variables

>only had an IQ of 125
when he was 13 yo.

iq tests are for intellectual kardashians

>being underage b&
FACT: Australians are the most intelligent race in the world.

sorry according to a table i saw on the internet the best you can hope for is to be a manager. man i sure am glad there exists an f: BRAIN->[0,200]

Well, thankfully this is a very simple question to answer: just take a large sample of physicists and see if their IQ distribution is identical to that if the general population. If it is, then obviously IQ doesn't matter.

Implying that the (((IQ))) is actually an accurate measurement scale for something as complex as human intelligence. Don't be fooled it's as accurate and useful as homeopathy.

>only had an IQ of 125
That is a seriously dubious claim. There's nothing more than his word as evidence, and he never even mentioned being tested in mathematics.

Your college aptitude exams should show you just how important your IQ really is. Contrary to what people say, studying has very little to do with your score.

Please tell me you're joking. IQ is consistent.

Remember that it's completely different thing to (a) memorize work that other people have conducted, (b) making your own scientific breakthroughs.

IQ don't matter, all that matters is making gains.

The only thing stopping people from becoming geniuses is a lack of discipline, imagination, and those are things that can be helped.

Brains are clay, not rock.

Sorry to shatter your illusion, but dumb kids don't grow up to be smart adults.

>IQ is consistent.
Please tell me your IQ has improved since you were sucking on your mummy's titties.

Frankly that would not surprise me, 125 is not that bad, moreover between him repairing stuff around him in his childhood, and having a father that fostered the right scientific mindset, it seems it was nurture that really played the part.

this
the only thing that predicts intelligence and success is PHENOTYPE

>Contrary to what people say, studying has very little to do with your score.
kek the problem is how brainlets understand studying.
When I say "I studied a lot" I mean that I exposed myself to a lot of new concepts and understood them at a deep level, my IQ letting me understand and advance very quickly. Thus, if I did a lot of profound breaktroughs in an hour when compared to a less intelligent person, I have studied, by definition, a lot.
Meanwhile brainlets are like:
>LETS MEMORIZE A BUNCH OF STUFF XD

The score on the test doesn't matter. If you got in the top 2% as a kid, it's extremely likely you'll still be there as an adult. That said, getting a score of 125 as a 13-year-old would be just as impressive as a 30-year-old getting the same score. The tests always account for age.

Brainlets are brainlets. If they study badly and do badly on the test, it just cements the fact that they're idiots. Smart people end up absorbing the information they need throughout their life, whether they want to or not. Studying may provide a little boost, but I think it's obvious the scores are largely determined by raw intelligence.

If IQ doesn't matter surely it wouldn't be a problem to provide an example of a world famous physicist with sub-70 IQ, right? They should be as common as >130 IQ physicists.

says who?

agreed
>greed
>jews
>phenotype
>only jews have high IQ

I heard this somewhere:

Feynman's IQ was 125 because his linguistic skills were weak. His mathematical intelligence was exceptionally high however; he attained the highest score on the Princeton Graduate Mathematics Examinations. In other words, Feynman's genius was lopsided.

However, I don't get the sense his linguistic skill are weak from listening to his lectures. The story could be untrue, or I could be socially inept.

Which is likely.

who the fuck cares what you score on whatever. do something worthwhile and publish it or else it doesn't matter if you have an IQ or 70 or 170, if you don't do shit no one gives a fuck, it's really as simple as that. stop worrying about being too dumb or too smart to do something and just do it. if you fail, keep trying. if you keep failing, keep trying. if you always fail, then you probably are fucking retarded and there is just nothing you can do about it.