Who is the literary equivalent of Mahler?

Who is the literary equivalent of Mahler?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kf8lDWsOgWg
youtube.com/watch?v=idRevTkIPts
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alma_Mahler
youtube.com/watch?v=LcFNFdImyoo
youtube.com/watch?v=iHlJhuS_3TA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Stifter (I don't know)

Symphony 3 and 6 a best.
Prove me wrong

War and Peace

Who's the literary equivalent of Robbie Rotten?

>not 2 & 9

2 and 5 actually

5 and 9 by far

5 and 9 are best ones

Hmm, I still think 2 and 5 are the best. What do we do now?

you're wrong

They all (1- (is it 10?) have their moments and treats and worths though

7 is the true patrician choice.

Just listened, very good

Probably another bogbilly.

He is not Mahler, but there is a lot of Mahler in Mann.

youtube.com/watch?v=kf8lDWsOgWg

youtube.com/watch?v=idRevTkIPts

>Choral music

Ultra pleb.

i love the way leonard talks about music

makes me so fucking happy

Idk, a lot of writers got cucked.

What did he mean by this?

9 is the best of his symphonies, followed by 2, 3 and 6

Also, RIP abbado

What do you guys think of Boulez?

Poo-leeezz

some of its good, some of its great, some of its bearable, some of its nice, maybe all of it is technically listenable, has its moods, has its moments, I personally am just more often drawn to much other music than his, but I went through a phase of seeking out works I did not know, 20 century and some atonalish stuff, so listened to a lot of his, and yeah, some good stuff, someday I will listen a lot again I suppose, but I did not become obsessively in love with it, as I do with other composers, which is...something, as just because I dont think a composition is like a supreme work of art for worship and study and 100o listens, doesnt mean it doesnt have its extreme values, and intrigues, like playing at a night at dinner, or in a dark room of candles one random night to completely escape routine and the world. Thats how I view Boulezs music, it is like, 'foreign' to the dailyness of the world and life, it is otherworldly, it is mystical, it has some qualities of the horrific, qualities of the divine, sublime, of the ugly, of the beautiful, but yes it is its own aesthetic realm vibe, far from the poppy world, he definitely had skill, talent, something of genius, I am now recalling his piece/(s?) with that instrument, not harmonium but like some 'slidey' electric piano instrument? He has some really good works, worthy, enjoyable, towering, great... My innitial knee jerk reaction is just because he is not mozart or beethoven. I suppose in short time I will check out his major works again and let them wash over this dirty mouthed mind of mine, as in all reality, I really cannot spit on his shoes, the works are their own testaments, and I think they do offer me a great deal of intrigue, pleasure, astonishment, awe, divine vibes etc.

A talentless jewish hack? Philip Roth I guess.

Mahler's bitch, who meant more to him than anything and who he composed his music for, cheated on him because he was a weak little cunt. He lapped some other dude's cum off her vagoo.
There are plenty of writers like that, it seems to be a rite of passage.

Great conductor and serviceable composer

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alma_Mahler
"She became the wife, successively, of composer Gustav Mahler, architect Walter Gropius, and novelist Franz Werfel, as well as the consort of several other prominent men, notably painter Oskar Kokoschka. Musically active from her teens, she was the composer of at least seventeen songs for voice and piano. In later years her salon became part of the artistic scene, first in Vienna, then in Los Angeles."

youtube.com/watch?v=LcFNFdImyoo
Mahler film by Ken Russell

if the number of layers of irony you're on is an integer you better kys

i.e. a whore.

Listening to 4 now,
youtube.com/watch?v=iHlJhuS_3TA

Its really quite good, would listen again.

49:10 on is must hear (I recall now that this portion stayed with me, after I first cycled through his symphonies, but after some time passed, I couldnt remember which section of which one this part was in, but now I just came across it, very noice)

idk maybe rilke or something

>listening to firetrucks