Extraterrestrial life

The probability of life beyond ours is high , so what is the probability that human kind on earth as been visited by extraterrestrial beings? I recently saw something that has opened my mind to this type of shit. Tell me your story

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=Ark of the covenant radiation
youtube.com/watch?v=8dKTYIJK5ek&feature=youtu.be&t=3150
twitter.com/mighty_buzzer
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What was the something you saw. There has been no evidence that even suggests extraterrestrial life visiting Earth before.

really fuggin low

Space flight can only be achieved through harnessing autism

Maybe ayylmaos just dont have autism

>tfw saw a UFO
>tfw it was in New Mexico (not by Roswell though)
I'm going to bed now but I will share the story when I wake up if people want to hear it

no

>The probability of life beyond ours is high
maybe, maybe not

There is life out there, this is almost certain. However the chances of the life being more than microbial or having sapience or having space travel or even being able to find us is almost completely zero. You did not see an alien.

As much flak as the ancient aliens nuts get, i find it the most likely explanation for the contents of many holy texts.

>people come down from the sky
>show us all sorts of magic and shit
>impregnate this girl named mary without her even knowing
>resulting baby is part sky person and can do all sorts of crazy shit
>over the next few years crazy shit happens like: parting oceans, turning water into wine, flying, walking on water, etc.,
>begin to worship them as gods
>kill their half human demon baby because jews
>they appear to get bored and leave never to be seen again
>left us ark of the covenant
>not sure what it is but it gave me radiation sickness
>said to be a source of divine power
>we had to hide the ark to keep it from getting into the wrong hands
>man i should write all this down

This all makes way more sense if they were aliens. I mean sure, the bible could just be a bunch of made up stories but if that were the case, why did it ever gain popularity in the first place? And why was the ark of the covenant radioactive(google it)?

>And why was the ark of the covenant radioactive(google it)?
>I googled it. Nothing.
What did he mean by this?

lmgtfy.com/?q=Ark of the covenant radiation

However, because i know you will only cherry pick the crackpot websites that come up in that search, ive done the liberty of reading the Wikipedia article for your lazy ass. Skip to the part of the Wikipedia article titled “Capture by the Philistines”. The philistines captured the Ark, but didnt store it in the “tabernacle” (a special separate “tent” that the isrealites were instructed to store the Ark in) and were not given the instructions on how to handle it. Nowhere in the bible does it say the Ark emitted radiation but you have to take into account that, to the people who wrote the bible, radiation could only be described in terms of magic and “divine power”. The accounts of what happened to the Philistines include but are not limited to
>people who stood too close to the Ark or looked at it for too long dropped dead
>people in the citiy where the Ark was stored developed boils and ulcers on their skin (i would tell you to google symptoms of radiation sickness but we both know you’re incapable so take my word for it, skin ulcers are one of them)
>the mice and humans near the Ark developed tumors

Im not the first person to make this comparison but lets just look at what we know.

>Bible is a book of great importance, theres a reason ancient people felt these particular stories were worth saving for several millennia
>describes “magic” people who came out of the sky and commanded humans to do their bidding
>miracles occur (“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic” ~ Arthur C Clarke)
>they leave us with a box, and instructions on how to care for the box. These instructions are similar to modern day radioactive material handling protocol.
>people who dont follow the instructions around the box develop tumors and other symptoms of radiation sickness

The probability is high that extraterrestrial beings have visited Earth, and the likelihood that they left when no intelligent life was found is undeniable.

I don't mean that sarcastically. There is no such thing on Earth that can be described as intelligent to an extraterrestrial race capable of interstellar travel.

impressive user

Take it to philosophy

Why are you talking to yourself?

Why are you so wrong?

This isnt philosophy you dolt, its history.

>all those delicious (You)s

>why did it ever gain popularity in the first place
1.) The most culturally powerful organization to ever exist adopted it as their origin tome.
2.) more people have read fifty shades of grey than the Bible. The idea of media is to be sensationalized.

Why did the most culturally powerful organization pick the bible as their origin tome? You said it yourself, they were powerful. Why not write your own? If the goal is more power that would be the obvious move, you can write your own rules. Im not saying the bible is any more or less correct than any other religious text out there. What im saying is, that it’s strange that someone thousands of years ago described radiation sickness befalling people who didnt take proper precautions around a mysterious box of “divine power” given to us by sky people. That doesnt strike you as odd?

youtube.com/watch?v=8dKTYIJK5ek&feature=youtu.be&t=3150

it's pretty fucking coincidental that all this shit lines up. it's like our solar system was planted by a superior species just to fuck withy our heads by the time we could figure all this shit out.

432 is fuckin insane

We literally have no idea if life is relatively common or if it's once-in-a-universe thing. If there are ayys somewhere they are very unlikely to be intelligent given that life has existed here for billions of years without civilization. In the case some of them are intelligent they are probably separated by huge distances that are not practical to travel and will never even communicate with each other. If you got anally probed by ayys it was probably just a dream

twitter.com/mighty_buzzer
Read his recent tweets. He already btfo'd Fermi's Paradox.

No sentient species in the nearest star system. Closest probably at least 10k LY away.

If there are though, high chance if they come here and make a public appearance, they're K2 and are looking to colonize our planet therefore complete extermination of the human species.

K3 and up will only come for research. No interest in sharing their tech or try to communicate with us so they can preserve our unique civilization. They want us to try to progress on our own.

If you actually thought about the mathematics behind it critically, it should actually be expected when you realise how it is constructed.

I stopped reading when the only arguments he used were based off of the plot of movies (when a fundamental requirement for a good movie is conflict).
ET is not a fucking source.

He mentioned that every single ET civ that's superior to us that come to earth and decide to stay will wound up hostile in the end. This is fact, even if they come here friendly and decide to share some of their tech, we're gonna wound up making weapons out of them just in case we have to fight them. This creates a slippery slope of animosity will just keep on going until an all out war happens between them and us.

Also he makes sense if an alien civ comes here and want to stay they're bound to be Type 2 on the K scale and they're themselves very new to dealing with sentient specie other than them.

Hes a fucking brainlet of the highest caliber. Then again anyone who takes the kardeshev scale seriously is a brainlet.

ET is short for Extra terrestrial. You can't use aliens because people might think you're referring to mexican or smt. He never referred to a single thing in pop culture.

>He mentioned that every single ET civ that's superior to us that come to earth and decide to stay will wound up hostile in the end. This is fact
You're gonna need a justification for this. You cannot just assert something as a fact; I can state anything and it will be just as valid as what has been said.

An alien civ need gigantic, advanced spaceships that use shitloads of energy to move around. Also shitloads of energy to create such gigantic space faring spaceships.

The more advanced a civilization, the more energy it uses. Its a set rule for a reason hence the Kardeshev scale.

Slippery slope of colonization, friend. Happened to the Americas once.

evidence does not equal proof ya dingus

>Implying colonisation is also guarenteed

The kardeshev scale assumes nuclear fusion is the end all be all of energy production. Its not. Matter-antimatter annihlations, and hawking radiation are more efficient mass to energy conversions and those are just two of the methods that we know of currently. Hawking radiation energy may be emitted fairly slowly in comparison to nuclear fusion but its a hell of a lot more economical to have maybe a few hundred keugelblitzes held in mass reactors that can be transported(thats a very important ability for any interstellar species) than it is to encapsulate an entire fucking star. The reality is, a dyson swarm(type 2ish), is the farthest any species ever has and/or will make it along the kardeshev scale, and thats only for the particularly stupid species. We will be extracting energy from quantum vacuum fluctuations, or some source we have never heard of long before we ever build a dyson sphere. Not to mention the fact that we arent sure FTL travel is even physically possible. If its not, the farthest any species will ever make it is a handful of nearby stars. Which would make type 3 impossible.

Well, if that's the case no sentient civ will ever go beyond K1 hence space travel is scientifically impossible hence no sentient species will ever leave their home planet or visit others hence the pointlessness of this thread and all that science fiction work about humans meeting other sentient alien lifeforms.
Take care of our planet. Were not gonna leave it and were gonna be here forever, which fucking sucks.

Seems, once you have biological immortality, or near to, you're good to go exploring, even under current technology, and we're probably closer to biological immortality than interstellar colonization, all things considered.

At the same time, however, that fundamental change requires a population cap to be maintained. Life must abandon its tendency to expand indefinitely, in order to expand beyond the confines of the biosphere that birthed it, or it will simply burn itself out. As such, once you've colonized more than the handful of systems required to avoid extinction by any single terrestrial or cosmological disaster, you've no motivation to expand further, as the only options to ensure the survival of your species, beyond that point, are to leave the galaxy or the universe.

That population cap also places a cap on your energy and resource needs, and that longevity is likely to make you take that usage into account much further into the future than say modern man would. Thus, it is likely there the Kardashev scale itself is invalid, as no such space fairing civilization could be measured by its energy usage. A much more advanced, space faring civilization could, in fact, use much less energy than we do, and consist of a population of only a handful of millions, or less, spread among a few solar systems. They'd be technologically capable of harnessing unimaginable amounts of energy, but would have no motivation to do so, due to their limited numbers and extreme efficiency.

This probability also conveniently nixes the Fermi paradox.

Though it does also mean it's very unlikely we've ever been visited by another civilization. We are, after all, kind of out on the rim. If there's any action going on in this galaxy, it's magnitudes more likely to be going on in the more crowded stellar neighborhoods.

We should be accelerating the development of fusion engines instead of propulsion engines. Once developed, humanity can finish colonizing the solar system.

We arent even K1 and we have left our home planet so thats the first indication that youre retarded. The second is that when I shattered your illusions you did the Veeky Forums equivalent of throwing a hissy fit and pissing yourself.

yo dumbfuck visiting the nearby satellite isnt anything close to leaving your home planet. goddamn brainlet /pol/ fuckers. why arent mods banning these attention whoring meme spouting shits on sight yet.

This isnt /pol/. Don't namecall and kindly fuck off.

You need about a million years to fly through our galaxy. It's not that much time really.