Give me your best engineer memes

Give me your best engineer memes

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small-angle_approximation
hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/pendl.html#c1
hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/pendp.html#c1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I didn't realize they had started making cardboard boxes with internet built into them.

>g = 10
this is a good decision

>pi = 3
ok, I can see it

>sin(x) = x
no one has ever done this

Error in sin(x) ~= x is negligible for |x| < 10E-3. Not using this approximation would make a lot of solid mechanics problems intractable. An engineer would never dream of using the other two approximations though.

>>sin(x) = x
>no one has ever done this
except astrophysicists

t. never taken a physics class beyond physics 1 & 2

>except astrophysicists
>t. never taken a physics class beyond physics 1 & 2
examples?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small-angle_approximation

Here's a wikipedia article with examples

This so true, an I'm an engineering major! Why are these kids so prone to autism and ADHD behavior?

JEJ

Veeky Forums just further proves it is exactly like /co/, a colony of reddit. It’s no coincidence Veeky Forums has the same opinion on engies as Bazinga man does. /diy/ is the only actual intellectual board dealing with STEM subjects. /g/ is consumerist shit and Veeky Forums is popsci.

Lol fuck off triggered cunt

engineers are actually the biggest chads I've seen, save for the computer engineers

the only math majors I know are manlets

I've seen in STEM*

know plenty of bill and carls, a few sams
I am definitely tim

Wow Tim you're such an asshole
>tfw Harold

BAZINGA!

this is a fact about me not an insult
try harder brainlet

>"Do you want it done right? Or done right now?"

It's just assblasted mathematicians, they're sad their degree yields no actual income or interest outside of a hobbyist level. Don't take them serious, It's not like society or the rest of STEM does so no reason for you to.

>do ME
>be the retard that broke career services, am staying extra 2 years for comp sci double major despite Veeky Forums's warnings

I'm Carl as fuck.

A lot of mechanical engineering majors are "car guys" for lack of a better term, so this is pretty accurate in my experience.

>all these people bitching about sin(x)=x
Do you really expect me to resolve the nonlinear fuckfest that results from a simple pendulum otherwise?

>"Both, faggot. Now get it done or I will SHIT down your NECK."

HOW IS ENGINEER BUTT HURT??
BECAUSE HE IS HOMOSECKS!!!!

> will take unpaid internship
you shouldn't?

kek

Always Carl.

I fucking love this meme. Based Finns.

You'd be fired on the spot if you tried pulling this.

>ENGANEERS

WE

Alot of mech engies STUDENTS are chad car types. Doesn't mean those chads will become engineers. I have no clue why these meth heads and physics guys think engineers are some type of chad who has sex and drinks all the time. Every person I met that was 3rd year and above was an autist. I guess social interactions like letting someone borrow your pencil is considered chad-like so meth heads get the misconception we have sex with other men.

Meth heads are upset that engineering is the aryan major of choice. We are pure unlike those filthy untermensch.

>tfw you see a black girl in your engineering class

1st year and 2nd year probably because of the push by (((them))) but idiots and social people get weeded out once they realize you need to study all the time.

>engineers in charge of using small angle approximations correctly

Holy fucking hell, I remember that thread.

None.

>FNV
>Knows basics shit.
>Understands what's going on.
My bro.

is that a prop engine starting?

In EE we never ever round until the final result and it's to 4 decimals

Wow these are some epic lulz huh fellow undergrads?

I'm carl

>he isnt smart enough to get it

its ok man, not everyone is cut out for physics

lol im an electrical engineer and this is funny as shit

>small angle approximation in simulations
That's what happens when you give the job to someone who's not an engineer.

>philosophy

>stadium for ants
Wow scientists btfo

nonlinear functions are expensive man

>thread for engineer memes
>engy gets so butthurt he posts a science meme

I guess that when you are so stuffed with cocks, you have no room left for some harmless self-deprecating humor.

depends on where you are and how successful the industry is in your area. For instance, if you are doing Civil Engineering in a large metropolitan area with lots of money, hell no you shouldn't take an unpaid internship. However, if you're doing chemical engineering in the middle of nowhere with Cleetus and Joanne then yeah you might have to settle unpaid.

>tfw carl

t. never programmed a pendulum because intense calculations

but i posted the gif
calculating the blue pendulum took me 4 times longer than the red one
some people live busy lives and cannot afford to waste an extra 0.3 seconds for higher accuracy user

>calling engineers gay is the greatest joke a physics and methhead have
Seriously, it's like being in 3rd grade again. You have a plethora of memes to use on engies but you stoop to middle school jokes.

>says we need to use better jokes
>but simply calling you gay gets you butthurt

No man. When saying "engineers are gay" stops getting me (you)'s then I'll consider coming up with new jokes. It looks like the third graders are the engineers, given that you still get offended by such low energy shitposting. But hey, why would someone do high-energy shitposting when low energy shitposting is more than enough?

you're an autist faggot

t. EE who rounds to 2 or 3 decimals

>be homosexual
>build a dome with your buttsex buddies so 80IQ soccer fans can watch some people throwing a ball around

the glory of this profession

How about using Cartesian coordinates and modeling the string force with basic scaling? You literally save all the modeling time and get something more accurate, you stupid sub-80.

How are people still bothered by being called gay

>How about [...] modeling [...]
>You literally save all the modeling time
nani?
also
>imblying i did any modeling at all and not just copy the ode from wikipedia
like i said, i'm a busy man

As a math grad student, former engineering undergrad, I see where these memes are coming from, sort of, but honestly never found them funny. They just don't seem funny, just dumb.
I wouldn't expect an average math grad student to have a firm grasp on Bernoulli principle or Carnot efficient systems.
Not even butthurt it just doesn't cut it as funny material.

what about the vandalized bathrooms in engineering departments with homosexuals exchanging phone numbers?

>busy man

gotta suck all those cocks

Veeky Forums is garbage, you've got that right. the board is filled with either

1) spill-over from /pol/ with the iq autism pop-sci

2) spill-over from /b/ with the rest of the pop-sci threads

3) /x/ tier b8

and the 5% left is bears some semblance of a properly structured thread discussing science. i haven't lurked here for 2 years now, and i remember this board very differently. used to be slow as shit ye, but all threads were math threads with the occasional chemistry/physics and engi meme thread here and there. I believe the downward spiral is due to:

1) influx of laymen with no actual stem degrees

2) growth of /pol/, which makes it more likely to contain this board

3) lack of actual moderation of content

I'd rather have the board be slow as fuck, than the garbage it is today. But I guess whoever moderates (if anyone) feels differently. It's a shame too cause Veeky Forums used to be very pleasant to lurk

But.. your mom is all three.

how did you manage to go from an engineering degree to a math grad program? did you take a math minor / upper division courses? or did you just apply and go "dude im an engineer lmao i can do math" and they actually fucking let you in?

t. EE mite wanna switch to math or physics in grad but curriculum 2packed2take more classes outside of EE

I hate commenting my code and I hate looking at my code again 2 weeks later.

>tfw bill as fuck
pls no bully

I hate opening up my text editor..

>this is a good decision
>ok, I can see it
It's a bit lazy. Go a few digits out. Don't tell me that an engineer is walking around without a calculator.

Yes they have. Here is a simple physics example that involves pendulums:
hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/pendl.html#c1
hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/pendp.html#c1

The equation should really look like:
[eqn]Sin[x]\approx x[/eqn]
as x approaches 0.

sam isn't a real engineers
she is a impostor

Literally everyone does this

Source on the correlation between GRE and IQ?

ya well ur mem's not even good m80

>le 65% face

This image would work better if it was more clear that the second panel is made of lego.

These posters seem confused.

>implying reddit isn't engineer central

You can get through a masters and then go to math grad no problem. I'm a ME and I was told I could go to artificial intelligence master programs or even stuff like advanced mathematics masters.

Expect a whole fucking lot to cach up to. And different notations and shit like that (it triggers my autism).

meant to reply to

It's called small-angle approximation. High school students even use it

Take the Taylor expansion of sin(x) around 0

>forgetting to say to ignore O(x^3) terms
what kind of engineer are you?

Hey I'm just giving you the initial push, not handfeeding you.

>tfw being bill right fucking now
end my life pls

this