Meyer Briggs Test

Not sure if this is the place to ask but it doesn't hurt to try. What does /sci think of the Meyer Briggs Test? Personally think it's bs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_NQqSnkI32A
personalitypage.com/ENTP.html
personalityjunkie.com/entp-careers-jobs-majors/
indiana.edu/~jobtalk/HRMWebsite/hrm/articles/develop/mbti.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=YTyQgwVvYyc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's less impactful than what psychologists like to believe but it is a useful tool to classify yourself and identify what work you might be most interested in.

It basically measures things that do exist as a static result it doesn't accurately represent a dynamic humans real behaviour, at best it'll tell you how you are most of the time

It gives you the direction, but it doesnt give you the adress. Basically.

youtube.com/watch?v=_NQqSnkI32A

>personally I think it's bs
>personally
>think

This is exactly what's wrong with modern science. People think that opinions and thoughts and feelings matter. They don't.

>My name is Adam
>I ruin things
>I like paying actors to do insulting impressions of historical figures
>I despise people from the pre-WW2 era the most, particularly its women
>Let me mansplain...
>Everything I say is true

Like IQ it's pseudoscience that people like to pass off as something good.

It's as useful/useless as IQ but this board only cares for one of those

>it doesn't hurt to try
it's total a-scientific garbage

needs more specificity to even be close to being vaguely, somewhat useful. let alone accurate or applicable.

ISFJ - INFJ

>unironically using the word mansplain

This is not based in science, this is equivalent to basing personality on palm reading, or zodiac signs.

ENTJ

ENTP. Holy shit it fits perfectly, down to my strenghts/weaknesses, it even predicted the failure in my initial badly chosen subject of study.

personalitypage.com/ENTP.html
personalityjunkie.com/entp-careers-jobs-majors/

INTJ personality best personality

it's literally a compression of your personality into 4 bits. not bad, but how deep an insight can that give?

infp/intp here

You may want to read about functions of the mbti. It goes into more depth about how your strength and weaknesses may be developed or undeveloped.

words of wisdom

When I first did it my result was INTJ like 2 years ago. Now it's clearly INTP which I'm very happy about since INTJ is a pretty assholian type.

Rood. INTJ every time for 3 years, and I like to think I l'm a friendly person. Plus it wouldn't make sense to generalize with so little information.

>INTJ is a pretty assholian type.
What the fuck did you just say to me

>tfw you could rule the world if only you had the motivation to do so.
The curse of being INTP

I have done this test many times and I used to get INTP, but now I get INTJ. I don't know why and what does this mean?

It's been debunked a thousand times but morons love their horoscopes.
indiana.edu/~jobtalk/HRMWebsite/hrm/articles/develop/mbti.pdf

This is Veeky Forums not /pseudosci/

>ENTP (some tests say INTP, either way I'm on the border E/I-wise), people think I'm smart for some reason but I'm still a loser
>best friend is ENTJ, got professional software dev experience in high school and got in good with Apple

This is accurate.

No shit it's accurate you dope, google "Barnum Statements".

It's totally been proven false forward and backwrd by psychologists but businesses and popsci love it.

The big 5 is way better. Though admittedly the big five is not actually based on any theory of personality it is more just measuring stuff.

It is just as useful as a ouija board

It makes perfect sense in this case alone.
youtube.com/watch?v=YTyQgwVvYyc

Tests measure responses to a specific set of questions. The origin or motivation for writing the questions is irrelevant. Unless someone scores differently every time, then the test must measure something. On Myers Briggs tests people usually get the same result or at least three letters.

It's pretty bullshit.

>INTP in resting mode
>INTJ on Amphetamines or any other dopamine increasing compound
>ENTP on Testosterone shots

pretty much as useful as everything else that comes out of psychology
intj here