Reading groups since january: short stories once a week, war and peace, don quixote , start with the greeks...

reading groups since january: short stories once a week, war and peace, don quixote , start with the greeks, shakespeare's plays one by one, monte cristo

All failed.

Can you fucks do anything right? Why can't you read books?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/xNkqCKq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because an anonymous reading board whose threads revolve and archive constantly is a terrible form of discourse for something lengthy like a group reading of a classic.

keeping a discussion here is fine but there needs to be a solid platform to organize schedules, accountability, etc etc.

this is all from an outsider's perspective, btw.

Meanwhile the Veeky Forums discord has successfully completed reading the Makioka Sisters, Melmoth the Wanderer, Don Quixote, Middle C, Hyperion (Holderlin), and more during that same period.

discord.gg/xNkqCKq

wtf i love max ernst now

>he wants to discuss literature with autistic undergrad lit majors
Why would you do these things to yourself?

>discord.gg/xNkqCKq

i just showed up and i have nothing to click on or see.

I came here for spontanous topics and the irreverant humour, not deticate my time to book club

which is why it fails.

they are reading hadji murat right now, and forged coupon this weekend. Next is Spring Snow by Mishima

Probably because the books they read are way too long and you have a 50 page a day schedule. On another anonymous image board, I've read a few books (although they stopped the reading group months ago) and they were all completed with a little discussion afterwards. The time given to read was a month and the books were all under 300 pages. Forcing people to read on a 50 page a day schedule when people have lives that they might have to attend to during the reading group isn't the best strategy.

>he can't read 50 pages a day

nigga thats like an hour, 2 MAX if you're a slow reader. you can't spare an hour a day reading?

It's very difficult to build a set of commonly accepted and understood ideas on Veeky Forums unless they get memed enough to become part of the general culture.
So, for instance, everybody knows "start with the greeks" because that's a commonly understood idea. But if you spend a whole thread laying out and justifying a certain reading of Sartre, as soon as you get to the next Sartre thread you have to start all over again. Only when many people agree with you and your idea gets memed and shilled over multiple threads will it become part of the commonly accepted set of ideas.
When I say commonly accepted, btw, I do not mean everyone agrees with them, just that everyone understands them. You don't have to agree with /swtg/ to know what I mean when I reference it.

Maybe there was something in common with them all: The leaders or 'democratic decisions' all concluded to read X amount of pages in Y amount of time. And perhaps in all instances, X and Y values were too damn high.

If one ever starts again, try having a little more patience and leeway, a little slower. Different different people with different different lives, busy and busy, things pop up, lots of work and play, bogged down... patience bruv

>tripfag can't read 50 pages a day

I guess I shouldn't be surprised

the fact that people cant set aside and hour or two a day, for a reading group they signed up is pretty pathetic. if you dont read 50 pages a day, what are you doing on a literature forum.

>he cant read 50 pages a day
>but he has time to tripfag on Veeky Forums

Shitposting. This was established earlier in the thread, try to keep up.

THIS

readfags btfo.

>I am a NEET with 0 responsibilities so can read 50 pages every day without question
>I cant comprehend that a person might have a day or two in a week in which they have so many responsibilities and work, and lack of energy, they cant read 50 pages that day
>I cant comprehend that the only reason trip fags are talked shit about is because if everyone was a trip fag, then the shills would be outed.

>wahhhhh wahhhhh why ohhhh whyyy howwww didnt the group readings work... I justttt cant imaginnen whyyyyyy
>Maybe its because not everyone can read 50 pages a day
>yeah right fucking idiot! pft... yeah... like that could possibly be the reason... pft... pft

gonna need you to go back to r/books friend

I work over 60 hours a week, have a semblance of social life and still manage to read at a good pace. Stop hiding your mental deficiencies and laziness behind 'muh responsibilities', disgusting triptrash.

>Why isnt everyone exactly like me...why??
>it just doesnt make sense that this just doesnt make sense...
>everyone is exactly like me right, same make up, same circumstances... so how then... how in the dickens (great author by the way) are there differences.... if everyone is exactly like me.... it just doesnt make sense... that it doesnt make sense...

>Why isnt everyone exactly like me...why??
>it just doesnt make sense that this just doesnt make sense...
>everyone is exactly like me right, same make up, same circumstances... so how then... how in the dickens (great author by the way) are there differences.... if everyone is exactly like me.... how could there possibly be differences....it just doesnt make sense... that it doesnt make sense...
>but there must be a reason right.... if only I could put my finger on it... but that would require removing it from my vagooni... and obviously we cant have that... because I work 60 hours a week and still find the time to always have a finger or two twaddling my vagini

Nothing in his post implies that he's personally had difficulties with reading 50 pages/day.

you forgot to put your trip on trippy tripfag :)

Anons got through a DQ read here recently I believe. That's kinda impressive

>has no arguments
>simulates insanity
Stop shitting up the board with your autism.

Try reddit the next time

too lazy to take a screen shot, but nice try, good form on the swing, you cant hit them all.
And as much as it deeply pains me to know that there is a chance you may think there is a chance that you are right, all that really matters is that I know that I am right and you are wrong

>doesnt understand my arguements because they are too complex and cannot into reading between lines or connecting dots to form abstract implied conclusions
>arguments appear to not exist