Post YFW you realized the students are actually sorted by their flaws

Post YFW you realized the students are actually sorted by their flaws.

Other urls found in this thread:

etoncollege.com/Boarding.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You really think that jk rowling wrote anything between the lines?

The kids were sorted by their qualities or preferences. Ofc there is a flaw to excess of any of these.

But for real don't waste your time trying to read fucking harry potter closely

I find the he concept of school houses incredibly unnerving. Maybe because I didn't grow up in the UK, but there's just something about it that skeeves me out.

Maybe it's the whole "segregating children into groups and encouraging rivalry" thing.

They were sorted by what word they whispered multiple times when that fucking rotting turban was placed on their oily British heads

.....I'm supposed to call you a snowflake or something now, right?

Whether she wrote anything in there, I read it, so the means justify the ends. Be kind, friend. Those are my favorite books.

Why?

Because your son wants to be a dancer but all you can think about is fucking quidditch

What?
How come everybody replying to me lately is suffering a stroke? I haven't given a shit about Harry Potter since 2002.

I dont think 'those school houses' really exist in the uk.

It is fiction mang. Playing on the fact that people have different characteristics and qualities (stem, humanities, naive, vicious, Harvard, state school, community college, universities, art school, zoo school, tech school)

>'those school houses'
Not the HP ones obviously, but they totally do.

yeah, but in the same sense as how "in every nation, there are differences among/between the clusters of people, different classes, different potential skills, abilities, inclinations, talents, values"

Jesus, you sound like you'd be a perfect fit for Mallory House.

>tfw community college is irl hufflepuff

So many years wasted at university only to find community college was actually what i wanted.

Does anyone else find it weird that an entire generation takes what fictional house you are as a serious reference for your character?

We're living among a generation of manchildren so no.

Manchildren, womanchildren. Can't we just say infantalisation?

This is rich considering you're bothon an anime based imageboard.

>Can't we just say infantalisation?
looks like you could

Not a native english speaker bro, but you're right.

The medium isn't important, this could be reddit for all I care.
Veeky Forums is the only meaningful board here (with /ic/ if that's your stuff)

>This is rich considering you're bothon an anime based imageboard.
This is rich, coming from you, considering you are on a poor-person based world

>As for any inner meaning or 'message', it has in the intention of the author none. It is neither allegorical nor topical...
>But i cordially dislike allegory in all its manifestations, and have always done so since i grew old and wary enough to detect his presence...
>I think that many confuse 'applicability' with 'allegory'; but the one resides in the freedom of the reader, and the other in the purposed domination of the author.

J.R.R.Tolkien (Foreword to the second edition of the Lord of the Rings)

Show me your boipusi

Don't mean to insult the books, just trying point out that they aren't exactly thoughtful pieces of fiction. They are worth studying to understand their readers, the same way that we can learn more about ourselves by studying any popular movie. I just can't give Rowling the benefit of the doubt -- the books are not well planned nor thought out and I don't believe that close-reading them will reveal any greater understanding of them as fiction.

What are you on about, mate? I didn't mention LotR anywhere in my post. Are you just assuming what someone else thinks because you can't make a good defense of their argument?

Gryffindor: Jocks
Ravenclaw: Nerds
Hufflepuff: Losers
Slytherin: Autists

Did I get it right?

This is spot on.

*hisses evilley"
Back down normie desu

>qualities
>preferences
>excess
>waste your time
>trying

Is this the spookiest post of all time?

No, in the sense that boarding schools in the UK sort their students into houses you fucking mong.

Why did Tolkien dislike Al Gore?

Nerds and autists are the same thing. Slytherin is republicans and general right wingers.

>the books are not well planned nor thought out
False. They are not Classics, they are not purpley prose artsy masterpieces. They are not philosophical poetical treatises, but they are Great books and stories, characterizations, writings, themes, world building, vastnesses, details, complexities, balances, ideas, angles, 'side quests' etc.

>their students into houses
Like, meaning what? Like how in college different kids go into different dormitories, or the medical building might be on a different campus than the music building and different building is law? Or more like how there are different fraternities and clubs?

I hope this is bait. If not, consider clinical help for your retardation.

Like in Harry Potter you retard

>reading JK Stananism
I thought this was a christian board.

I'd be in Slytherin, then I'd join Lord Vader and not help him kill Harry Potter, then Lord Vader would get mad at me and kill me, and if I was able to get away I'd go to Dumbledwarf and not help him either, because that's just how autistic I am.

Yeah we had houses at my school. I was in Spartans, funily enough we would always win the sport competitions.

I meant to type Lord Voldermort not Lord Vader. I'm dumb.

My problem is that the students are sorted by personality type. Schools that have multiple classes per grade will divide them either by alphabetical order, randomly, their choice of courses or in some schools by their scores.
This means that kids will only ever interact with kids that have a similar personality, thus the inherent assholishness of Slytherins will be amplified by an echo chamber.

>False
>False
>False
>False

>Like in Harry Potter you retard
wow... the kettle is speaking to itself again.

>in the sense that boarding schools in the UK sort their students into houses

IN WHAT WAY, IN WHAT MODE OF MEANINGS, DOES THE UK SORT THEIR STUDENTS INTO HOUSES?

incase this was not bait

>IN WHAT WAY, IN WHAT MODE OF MEANINGS, DOES THE UK SORT THEIR STUDENTS INTO HOUSES?
LIKE IN HARRY POTTER YOU FUCK
THERE ARE 4 HOUSES
THE CHILDREN ARE SORTED INTO HOUSES
WHICH PART OF THIS ARE YOU NOT GETTING?
MAYBE TELL YOUR UNCLE TO STOP BASHING YOUR FACE INTO THE HEADBOARD WHEN HE FUCKS YOUR BRAINS OUT.
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

>No, in the sense that boarding schools in the UK sort their students into houses you fucking mong.

No, in the sense that boarding schools in the UK sort their students into houses

No, in the sense that boarding schools in the UK sort their students into houses

WHAT WAY DOES UK SORT THEIR STUDENTS INTO HOUSES?

>Like harry potter!!!! The queen of england places the sorting hat onto all the lads heads innit

WHOS ON FIRST!?!?!?

Ok. SO EVERY COLLEGE AND UNIVERSITY IN ENGLAND HAS FOUR HOUSES.

AND THESE ARE JUUUUUSSSSTTTTTT LIKE THE HOUSES IN HARRY POTTER.

Thats what you are saying right.

you are legit retarded

I meant fuck reading "along the lines". You can read non fiction for that; if you're reading fiction, you just wanna enjoy some character/story progression. So stop striving for inner meaning on a fucking child's book

EVERY COLLEGE IN ENGLAND SORTS THEIR STUDENTS INTO 4 HOUSES.

(how, why, what are the houses like, what are their differences?)

ITS JUST LIKE HARRY POTTER RETARD!

So like, gryffendor, hufflepuf, slyhterin..

NO ITS JUST LIKE THE UK RETARD!

etoncollege.com/Boarding.aspx

Oh now I see that when the poster said "in the uk they separate you into houses, just like in harry potter!! retard!!"

What they meant was "If you go away from home to school, and live on a campus, you will live in a 'dorm' like situation"
just like harry potter

This is actually too cute

no, not really. also segregating people by their flaws would just make their problems worse

its skeeve if its by traits but if its just "segregating children into groups and encouraging rivalry" than that is a good thing. There is usually rivalry with other schools (if your school is worth anything) but having internal rivalry makes people push themselves harder

>infantalisation
no I hate that word.

enough of this gay shit. lets talk about something of value, like would you fuck female draco?

>Lit despises the potter books
>almost always a potter thread up
Lmao can't you guys just pick up a different book if it triggers you so much?

A male Draco is fine too

teaching snobby fuccboi aristocrats the pleasure of being cummed inside is the best

Which year? IMHO half blood prince is the optimal time

At my school the boarding house had 3 houses, one for athletic kids, one more musically and academically talented kids and one for everyone else

Then you didn't read the page.

>Each house is under the care of a house master, who will look after him, support him and, if necessary, make sure he behaves himself. The house master is the main point of contact with the school for a boy's parents.

>There are a number of important senior boys with responsibilities in the house, the first of whom is the house captain. He will do his best to make sure a boy enjoys his time in the house and participates fully in the various activities on offer in the wider school. Another important senior boy is the captain of games. He will encourage everyone to play a range of games, and will expect every boy to participate in house teams regularly.

>Every boy will also be encouraged to take part in plenty of other house activities: concerts, plays, musical and debating competitions, and so on.

What is not present in the UK boarding school house system that is in Harry Potter? Magic hats and quiddich? You understand magic isn't real, right?

Post YFW you realized Ravenclaw is the undisputed GOAT house.

I hadn't given my homolust shitpost that much thought but that sounds about right.