Is Neil degraded Tyson similar to john Von neumann

Both are pop sci figures but none of them have any great achievements in their fields

Lol meant degrasse not degraded

Von Neumann is one of the most accomplished people of the 20th century. His every lecture spawned entirely new fields of research. Literally what are you talking about?

Neil probably has more knowledge than johnny now a days

von neumann probably did more research in a few weeks at his absolute peak than tyson has done in his entire career

I don't know much about Neil Tyson but people hype him up here, someone said he was the Einstein of this generation is this accurate?

>people hype him up here
actually 99.9% of people here criticise him most thoroughly

but theres more knowledge floating around nowa days also the internet so its safe to assume neil knows more than newman

by that logic you must be smarter than isaac newton because it's been 400 years

von Neumann contributed to and invented many branches of math/computer science/technology. More than that, Neumann was incredibly gifted at calculating and is by many regarded as the smartest person in modern history.

Neil DeGrasse Tyson sometimes show up on telly specials about black holes, spouting some shit that has been known since the 50s and acting like a smug cunt about it.

Weak bait but I still fell for it

no shit
Johnny is dead

yes, I know about relativity for example he argued against it

>newton
>argued against relativity
>400 years before relativity was theorized

wew lad, those are some top notch stupid pills you got there

he said E = 1/2mv2 + mgh which is in different to einsteins E = mc

One of those is an equation for total kinetic and potential energy, the other is Einsteins mass energy equivalence formula. They arent even describing the same thing. Please be trolling, it hurts to know there are people this stupid who are allowed to breed.

Also you missed the ^2, as in E=mc^2

We'll isn't relativity not that old a concept some people have argued that the ancient Egyptians had a understanding of general relativity before Einstein

(classical) relativity was theorized by Galilei. Also Eistein generalized Galilei's principle of relativity, called Einstein's principle of relativity.

>posting on a von neuman architecture based computer
>he wasn't that smart, though

>someone said he was the Einstein of this generation is this accurate?
Comparing his intellect to that of Einstein is to compare Einstein's intellect to that of a flea.

Is this a troll

How could Galileo of understood relativity before non Euclidean geometry was invented?

This?

Not the person you're replying to, but galileo didnt understand relativity in the modern sense, but he studied the motion of different inertial systems (moving relative to each other)

WE

perhaps if newtton didnt put the 1/2 factor in his energy he would have noticed that the light needs to be veryfast i.e. c

Neil isn't an amazing astrophysicist, however he is a charismatic and interesting astrophysicist and because of this more people may gain interest in this field.

It's to crazy to think that Neil, because of modern information that he has a deeper understanding of physics than Einstein

Stop posting please

That's irrelevant. If you care about potential, then Amerindians are superior to europeans due to their superior development rate compared to europe populations.

pretty much, i don't get the von neumann worship, he was a hack.

WUZ

SCIENTISTS