Math as language of the universe

Do any of you mathematicians feel more connected with the universe through your mathematical endeavors?

Im generally a brainlet, never had much interest in math, but im a feelings oriented person. Ive never been more overwhelmed by anything outside of simply existing and perceiving the existence of everything around me.

If i wanted to learn math, would it be possible or practical to teach myself? Is it unreasonable to believe i can understand the universe more with math?

>implying the universe is mathematical in nature
kek

Explain yourself niggar, how is the universe not mathematical? What would be a more worthwhile endeavor to understand the universe?

...you're sitting in front an internet connected computer, asking Veeky Forums/sci/ if you can learn more at no additional cost
if you had to ask, then no. please deposit 40K USD at your nearest diploma mill for less or equivalent instruction

Are the textbooks used in college available for purchase on amazon? Textbooks for geometry, trigonometry, calculus, etc. Is it unreasonable to believe you can learn everything these books have to offer on your own?

only the interpretation of the mathematician is mathematical.

The universe just exists.
What we do to "understand" reveals more about us than about it.

how do i tell someone to go fuck himself in the language of math?

This sounds like pseudo philisophical bullshit. What the fuck is the point of cern, among other things, if this is the case?

You mean physics right ? Understand the univers understand the fundamental laws of physics.

Maths are a tool for physicists.

Ya, i get a bit ahead of myself when mania is active.

and 'it' made us, so why would be different from 'it' rather than a microcosm of 'it's design

the way we understand the universe is through math. But even if math is a human catalyst for understanding the universe, the universe that those maths express to us are still constant and permanent.

In short, the universe is mathematical.

Hire a tutor. Potentially cheaper than school with the benefit of 1 on 1 training.

im not saying math is useless.
Im doing a degree in mathematics.

Just saying that it is some language we use in order to understand the world around us

here's the deal;
We use "logic" to find "truth"

But before the claim is true before i proof it.
the proof doesnt change anything about the world.
Its just something we do to persuade ourselves and others of the truth of a claim

ment to say:
the claim is true before i proof it

Fucking fantastic man. Good job unloading an unnecessary abundance of words and a metaphor to relay the message "we use math to understand the universe". Hipster bitches are all over that needle dick aren't they

Thanks user, I'll probably go this route if anything.

Google "Bell's theorem" you brainlet faggit.

>you asked the opinion of a mathematician
>I give you my opinion
>You unload this storm of verbal diarrhea.

So how long untill you get that tumor removed?

>In short, the universe is mathematical.
The universe requires non-local variables or fundamental randomness. That is functionally impure and therefore not mathematical.

what the fuck did you just say to me bitch

interesting, thanks user.

This is Veeky Forums i cant fucking help it, sorry.

Non-locality isn't "functionally impure."

Explain

It's not a math joke, just read the Greek letters like they're normal English letters, it says u equals gay.

Nonlocal variables = global variables and therefore functional impurity.

no, ur gay!

>Nonlocal variables = global variables
I'm a developer and I don't see why you would automatically assume that as true. In any event you're talking more about whether reality should be seen as a Haskell program than you are talking about the limits of what mathematics cover.

I'm not talking about programming, but literally every other sweaty shitter on the internet is a developer. I'm talking about quantum physics and how they contradict the statement that all the universe can be represented mathematically. Math means predictability and replicability. Quantum physics means inherent unpredictability.

>I'm talking about quantum physics and how they contradict the statement that all the universe can be represented mathematically. Math means predictability and replicability. Quantum physics means inherent unpredictability.

So Bell's Theorem?

No, but Bell's Theorem is included within the two options. I mentioned it earlier to a different user, but I wanted to bring it down to a more stupid-friendly level because I was responding to someone who posts deadmau5 along with an unrelated post.

What is the other option besides bells theorom?

>more stupid-friendly level because I was responding to someone who posts deadmau5 along with an unrelated post.

Oh okay, got you.

also, the person claiming to be a developer is not the same person as the deadmau5 poster, just so you know.

its an expression of speech, mathematics is our interpretation of the universe, like how 1+1 = 2 or we take 5 things and 5 things to get 10, but someone from a different base number system could take 2 and 2 and 2 and 2 and 2 to get 10