Is being a codemonkey really THAT bad?

Is being a codemonkey really THAT bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v4Wy7gRGgeA&t=0s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Depends, do you like Fritos, Tab, and Mountain Dew?

nah, its comfy. you will usually only "work" like a few hours a day and spend most of your time just thinking about stuff and surfing the internet. as long as you take care of yourself and exercise to offset the sedentary lifestyle its pretty good.

Also, has to be a simple man.

Code monkeys begin cheap and easy reemplace programmer only know use frameworks, lack knowledge in math,stats,marketing,mananger or any ability outside write CRUD code, over 35 years old you are fucked,new code monkey will take you place.

If you are code monkey thinking in way change another jobs.

Yes. It will fuck up your eyes, even worse then they are now if they're already fucked up. It's like Mexican labor but for Indians.

If you are from USA change actuary, companies couldn't import cheap H1B actuaries.

codemonkey want fuck hottie
codemonkey cannot initiate sexuality while cuck by work
codemonkey have hard life

it's not Veeky Forums related

it's a hard lock life for us
it's a hard lock

[Verse 1]
Code Monkey get up, get coffee
Code Monkey go to job
Code Monkey have boring meeting
With boring manager Rob
Rob say Code Monkey very diligent
But his output stink
His code not "functional" or "elegant"
What do Code Monkey think?

[Pre-Chorus 1]
Code Monkey think maybe manager want to write god-damned login page himself
Code Monkey not say it out loud
Code Monkey not crazy, just proud

[Chorus]
Code Monkey like Fritos
Code Monkey like Tab and Mountain Dew
Code Monkey very simple man
With big warm fuzzy secret heart
Code Monkey like you
Code Monkey like you

[Verse 2]
Code Monkey hang around at front desk
Tell you sweater look nice
Code Monkey offer buy you soda
Bring you cup, bring you ice
You say no thank you for the soda cause
Soda make you fat
Anyway you busy with the telephone
No time for chat
[Pre-Chorus 2]
Code Monkey have long walk back to cubicle
He sit down pretend to work
Code Monkey not thinking so straight
Code Monkey not feeling so great

[Chorus]
Code Monkey like Fritos
Code Monkey like you
Code Monkey like you a lot

[Verse 3]
Code Monkey have every reason
To get out this place
Code Monkey just keep on working
See your soft pretty face
Much rather wake up, eat a coffee cake
Take bath, take nap
This job "fulfilling in creative way"
Such a load of crap

[Pre-Chorus 3]
Code Monkey think someday he have everything
Even pretty girl like you
Code Monkey just waiting for now
Code Monkey say someday, somehow
[Chorus]
Code Monkey like Fritos
Code Monkey like you
Code Monkey like you

Used to be a code monkey before I went back to grad school. The coding part is not bad. The bad part is if you are a code monkey at a shitty company, your manager will likely not be technical, or at least not software literate, so most of your job becomes negotiating expectations and coming up with creative ways to diplomatically tell them that their ideas are fucking crazy and would take a 50 man team.

this is sort of off topic but if you sit for most of the day, but then work out for a small portion of the day, is that not still bad in the long term? like, is standing up and walking for a larger portion of the day healthier?
could ask Veeky Forums but they are no help

I'm too stupid to learn how to program. It just doesn't stick even if I practise it. I want to code for a legitimately easy job since I live near an up and coming city but I am too retarded.

maybe you're a visual learner, here,
>processing.org

I will give this a look. Thank you.

codemonkey not know Veeky Forums
WoW codemonkey is best codemonkey
youtube.com/watch?v=v4Wy7gRGgeA&t=0s

I suppose if you have autism, you'll be fine.

if she fixed her hair she would be a stacey.

maybe

who dat

Some ASMR girl who I dropped as soon as I saw her hairy arms.

>ASMR girl
don't even know what that is, anything more specific?

pleb
threemilk t

>threemilk
thanks senpai

>your manager will likely not be technical, or at least not software literate, so most of your job becomes negotiating expectations and coming up with creative ways to diplomatically tell them that their ideas are fucking crazy
^This. Lots of completely incoherent vague requests like:
>Let's get those two systems talking.
>... You mean you want something that makes a certain transaction happen in system A when this other transaction in system B happens? Do we have an API for system A? Is system B's database already replicated? Do you know which specific transactions from system B you want to have count for this new process? Do you know what specific things you want to have happen in system A are when those system B things happen?
>Just get them talking.
>...

reminder

>be intern at big mega corp style company
>upper and middle management are all chads who know nothing about software
>spend whole summer integrating multiple software systems and streamlining the users workflow
>what used to take 2 hours now takes a user 15 minutes
>demo our stuff to management
>"This is great and all... but can we just make an easy button for this?"
>"Yea like an easy button... you just press a button and all of this stuff happens, its all just software right? It can't be that hard :^)"

it's grinding code, fixing bugs, putting out fires, designing products, working on requirements and estimates, communicating with clients, doing trade shows, conferences, meetups, job fairs, mentoring, tweaking with company processes, networking with people, playing office politics, researching ideas, introducing technologies, backend, frontend, mobile, embedded, devops, user experience, product, sales, within a single branch or coordinating with guys betwen branches, internally, on the clients premises, drinking, partying, boardgames, xbox, and so on...

the best thing that since there are jobs everywhere there's no tolerance for cunts, and it's the most relaxed environment you can imagine, plus if you want to like see the world you can land a job pretty much everywhere in less in a month

money could be better, compared to lawyers or mds, but all in all i'm having a blast

It is not that bad initially, it pays pretty well if you get really good in some very specified language...

This

Money and jobs won´t be a problem, if you think it becomes boring you can always study a new thing(it will probably increase the amount you earn as well)
And you always can open your own company or work as a freelancer once you get a network for yourself, you won´t be a little bitch of someone so easily as like most mathematicians, physicians, Engineers.

It is literally one of the best fields out there, with good challenges if you want to, or relatively easy(obviously expect less money)