The Black Swan

after reading pic related, what books should i read?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aOKu1Ftvs-U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This may be conceptually advanced for you, but give it a try.

Thinking, Fast and Slow by Kahneman

A Random Walk Down Wall Street - forgot the author, but its a famous book in statistics and finance

The Signal and the Noise - Nate Silver

thank you bro!

by the same guy

The rest of incerto, dummy

Gentle Introduction to Unqualified Reservations

Curtis Yarvin aka Mencius Moldbug

He makes some good points, but I can't stand all of the finance and silicon valley bros who try to intellectualize their betting with this stuff.

A Random Walk down Wall Street is interesting but not 100% accurate.

Efficient market theory is not taken seriously by most people knowledgeable about finance.

See James Simons, Warren Buffett, etc.

Antifragile was pretty good as well.

That's kinda funny, since he mostly advocates for de-intellectualising investment. The common theme through all his books is his disdain for over-reliance on theoretical models and the superiority of "dumb" strategies in many situations.

>The Black Swan
youtube.com/watch?v=aOKu1Ftvs-U

>Warren Buffet recently won $2m bet that the S&P500 will outperform hedge funds

but Warren buffett trades using value investing, which contradicts Efficient Market Theorem.

his bet against hedge funds just shows that most hedge funds are run by retards

The future of the stock market is AI-driven.

dumping my pleasure reading

fun ones

nice

My Life as a Quant by Emanuel Derman

The Big Short by Michael Lewis (also read The Money Culture, it's hilarious, and Liar's Poker)

Definitely read Fortune's Formula!

>I claim that transgenic crops can cause "global harm" rather than "localized harm"
>because systemic harms invariably pool into crisis, transgenic crops are invariably catastrophic
>this is a fact of probability and knowledge of biology and evolution is altogether irrelevant. knowledge of biology is not necessary to establish my first premise, which this all relies on
Honestly the way he speaks nonsense outside his field by abusing his own field so badly isn't a ringing endorsement of his expertise or intellectual good faith where he's even recognized as an "expert"

As a thumbnail that cover image kinda looks like a dude writhing in a straightjacket that's chained to the wall.

that's my preferred kind of reading, you shouldn't happen to know of any such book, user?

I imagine reading "The Manufacture and Sale of Saint Einstein" would feel something like that.

So what does Veeky Forums actually think of Nassim Taleb?

so if the market is fully automatized with AI and bots, whats the point with a market?

Competing AI make the market more efficient and less volatile through arbitrage. AI that function poorly will bankrupt their companies and therefore the market will select for the AIs that produce the least catastrophic losses.

Taleb is a hack.

The rest of Incerto.

Also this

Based.
Although I'm pretty sure most of Veeky Forums hates him. Taleb is more a philosopher than a scientist, so he's best discussed on other boards

I fucked my mom now I am coming after your daughter, great book