I ONCE HAD A GIRL

I ONCE HAD A GIRL
OR SHOULD I SAY
SHE ONCE HAD ME

I'm going to meme this man into getting the nobel prize YOU'LL SEE

Is this book old enough to read yet based on that guy's roommate's criteria?

WHEN
SHE SAID DON'T WASTE
YOUR WORDS THEY'RE JUST LIES
I CRIED SHE WAS DEAF

THE MOST TENDER PLACE
IN MY HEART IS FOR
STRANGERS.. I KNOW IT'S
UNKIND--

SIT IN THE DARK AND PONDER HOW I'M FIT TO MAKE TO BOTTOM FALL THROUGH THE FLOOOR~

BOTTLE UP AND EXPLODE
OVER AND OVER
KEEP THE TROUBLE MAKER BELOW
PUT IT AWAY and
CHECK OUT FOR THE DAY..

Or, this tack:

IT'S GONNA BE A BUMPY NIGHT
SHE SAID
QUOTIN SOMETHING OR OTHER
I DIDN'T KNOW..

IT'S A MESSED UP SITUATION--

>the quote is from All about Eve...

GAY BAR GAY BAR GAY BAR GAY BAR GAY BAR GAY BAR GAY BAR GAY BAR

>well, if that's your preferred direction:

AN ANTHROPOLOGIST HE WROTE
A BOOK. HE CALLED IT
MYTHS OF HEAVEN
HE'S DISAPPEARED, HIS WIFE
IS ALL DISTRAUGHT:
AN ANGEL CAME AND GOT HIM--

BUT IT BEARS REPEATING NOW

>nice pun.

IT'S BEEN A PLEASURE LOVING EWE
(CAN'T SAY THE SAME TO EWE)
BUT NOW THE PLEASURE'S THROUGH

I always understood the Beatles to be referring to Norwegian Wood in the sense of "lumber", like you'd use to make a chair. The murakami novel, however, was translated as Norwegian Wood in the sense of "forest". In conclusion, I hope I've really made you think.

It's actually a pun on 'knowing she would', as in would put out

Fuck, I shoulda known some user would school me. That's OK, that one isn't even in my top 30 made-up inconsequential conspiracy theories.

What are some other comfy books like this one?

I assume this thread contains a few self-proclaimed Murakami shills. Hopefully one of them will be happy to answer my question; what should I start with?

op pic rel

what?

well, we're waiting...
what are some of your other conspiracy theories?

>dude sex lmao

they are recommending you start with the book pictured at the top of the thread.
Norwegian Wood

Oh, thanks

any time user

I believe that in times of national turmoil, the CIA uses spycraft to ensure that the New England Patriots win the Superbowl, and they have been doing so since 9/11. I believe that Tim Hortons coffee contains nicotine. I believe that John Updike started and perpetuated the rumors that John Cheever was gay out of some bizarre, WASPy sense of competition. I believe that there is actually only one author named "Steve Ericson" and the SF one is an elaborate troll personality made up by the pomo one that spun out of control. Alot of the others concern gas stations or wing nuts in my neighborhood, etc, that would be a pain to explain.

>comfy
Watership Down

>comfy with feels
East of Eden.

Both are among my favorites. Although anything by Murakami will do. Sputnik Sweetheart might be the most similar to Norwegian Wood.

>dude some ok ideas that I jump between ceaselessly because I'm a massive hack and can't finish any of them

The Updike\Cheever thing should be demonstrably true. I wonder why it isn't?

Thanks user

I'm not saying any of this shit would hold up to any cursory inspection, it just brightens my day to believe these things.

We probably all have such beliefs-- for instance, there was a kid who stormed out of one of Nabokov's classes at Cornell when both Bloom and Pynchon were there after the high-toned emigree dissed Freud.. Bloom, unquestionably....