How many dice are in this bin?

How many dice are in this bin?
I can give measurements
I get 28'000 but I'd like your opinion

like at least five

~50000

after some hard work I found some tighter bounds: 20 < n < 16.8e14
seems like we're getting there

I get about 7000. I counted the diameter to be about 17 dice, so the radius is 8.5, squared the radius, multiply by pi, then I supposed the bin is twice as tall as it is wide, got 7700 but took away some because it's not a perfect cylinder.

there are exactly 967 visible black dots. If we approximate the number of dice in the bucket by assuming all black dots come from a 6, the lower bound is at least 161. We're getting there guys

Bout three fiddy

The bin is around 40 cm tall and 30 cm wide

I say around 13,000.

Yeah then I guess it must be more like 3500 to 4000

Measuring with dice the diameter is around 20-22 dice and the height is around 25 dice

Anyway how did you get 28k? Sounds way too high to me

Approximating the bin as a cone we get a volume of: ~9425 cm^3 assuming each die is about 1 cm^3 then we get that there should be about 9425 dice in the bucket. If you could find the slant hight of the bucket you could calculate the volume more accurately and then get a better estimate on the number of dice.

>Sounds way too high to me
I know me too, but I calculated the volume of the cylinder in meters (0.15 x 0.15 x pi x 0.4) and divided that by the volume of a single dice (0.01 x 0.01 x 0.01)

Why would you approximate it as a come rather than a cilinder?

It tapers down like a cone. My original ideax was to model it as a cone then a cylinder then average the volumes, but I just couldn't be bothered to do it.

a dice is significantly larger than that, i'd say 1.5cm at least
also they're not packed tightly

After counting all of them i got the number: 7053.

Yeah I don't have a ruler handy son both bin and dice were measured very roughly
Bin with my hand span which I know is precisely 20cm
Dice by eye but I just checked it with an app and it says 1.5cm, you're right my idea of a cm was way off

It doesn't go all the way to the bottom, they wedge in a smaller plastic bin lid in or something, there is about 500 to 1000 dice.

28,000? what fucking planet are you from?

No they started emptying it in front of me and it's full
Also it's heavy as a motherfucker

I'd say 10000

about 11,300 assuming dice volume of 1.5 sq cm, and packing efficiency of 60%

12 thousand.

Can you provide dimensions of the bin?

3d6 thousands.

take one dice
weight it
put it back
weight the bucket
empty the bucket
weight it again
take the difference and divide it by the weight of the dice
add a plus minus 5 at the end and call it a day

>add a plus minus 5 at the end and call it a day
2d6-7

2d6~7*

30 cm diameter 40 cm height

~21000

Is the diameter uniform throughout its height?
are the dice flush with the upper height bound or are they bulging out of the bucket? if you were to approximate the curve of the dice sitting atop the bucket what would be the radius of the resulting sphere?

loik 400 probly

If we assume the bin to be a cylinder with a volume of [math]9000\pi[/math] cm3, the dice to be liquid and have a volume of 1 cm3 each. We can get the upper bound down to 28,273.

>the dice to be liquid
>1cm3 each
What?

>Is the diameter uniform throughout its height?
No, measured better now it's 43 cm top diameter and 31 bottom diameter
>are the dice flush with the upper height bound or are they bulging out of the bucket?
They're slightly bulging out but can be approximated as being flat
Also it has to be taken into consideration that they're not packed tight

>they're not packed tight

Fill it with water, look at how much water it takes to fill

It's an upper bound for a reason, brainlet.

bro why the fuck do you have so many die

You're just jealous of my many dice

Jesus just estimate the amount of dice on upper layer, a vertical density and integrate vertically along whatever curve that bucket takes, it's not rocket science.

>It's probably some standard ass bucket and you could easily reach a lower and upper bound for vertical density (assuming you count in some sort of layers

Just weigh it????

Guessing 8800

Why would you calculate that in layers and density rather than volume like literally everybody else?

I have a better question, OP. How did you manage to get as a definitive answer the same as the upper bound of some guys shitposting?

>if you really want to get an accurate guess on how many are in there ... take all the answers you get on here throw out the wildly inappropriate ones on both ends and average the answers together ... human beings have a very interesting ability to find the answer this way.

weigh it OP, you're not getting a precise response otherwise

How many die precisely?

he could just count'em?

Roughly 17 dice in diameter, roughly 20 in height, a cone shaped solid truncated by one third...

Let's say 4000, minus some 50 or so for the jagged fit with which the dice will lay.

Ahhh, I fucked up the height. This ought to be close, 2950 or so

you stupid

handwaving the packing density of almost randomly orientedcubes

Autism: the thread

>bottom left

Ain't so, it's my girl (finishing her PhD in psychology in another year)

It's indeterminate, so what's your (better?) suggestion?

>2950
Nah you're way off
Measured with a ruler, top diameter is 38cm bottom diameter is 31 cm height is 43 cm
Side of a dice is 1.5 cm
Volume divided by volume of a dice gives me 12000, take some away because they're not packed tight so that leaves us with ~10000