Star Wars Novels

I'm 3 quarters of the way threw with The Phantom Menace by Terry Brooks and this is suprisingly well written and highly entertaining. Ive never read the novels before or any Star Wars novel for that matter and Ive been told by fellow readers that some of the books are better than the films. Ive heard AMAZING things about Revenge of The Sith novelization. Can't wait to get to that one.

So whats Veeky Forums's opinon on the Star Wars books? Have you read one before and actually liked it?

People here seem to shame these kinds of books and I dont know why. There great reads and a lot of fun!

i was 7 when revenge of the sith was coming out and i was really excited so my dad bought me the novelization and we read it together

>7

Holy fuck i'm old.

Put it down now, user. Don't waste your time. There is nothing good here. The most recent novels go so far as to feature niggers and contain pronouns like "Xer".

Ive only read some slimmer opus' taking place between ep 1 and 3, and some concerning qui gon and younger obi wan

from what id imagine the novelizations of the prequel movies should by all logic be better than the movies since those movies are mostly flawed by things unrelated to the actual ideas, themes and concepts in general behind them, mostly having a flawed script and extremely ugly visuals because of the overuse of CGI

Check the one set one week after Episode III (i think)it has Vader's first Jedi kills and goes in detail on how pinful his live is inside the suit.

What's wrong with more than two genders in a universe that contains thousands of species of sentient aliens?

Episode 1 The Phantom Menace was great!! Have you even read the books.

>AMAZING
its ok. bit funny at spots.
>opinon on the Star Wars books
old canon had some good books and the bad ones were hilariously bad. new canon is mostly shit(like the rogue one tie in ).

Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader?

Yeah, I was 14 or 15 when that came out. When did we get so old.

yes that one, its quiet good for a SW novel.

So your saying a lot aren't?

That sounds fucking great user, give your dad a hug

kill yourself

Why would Terry Brooks of all people adapt the work of someone else?
The man has like 60 published books of his original works; surely he isn't so hard up for money that he must plagiarize.

Unpopular opinion: Working my way through the new canon novels. For the most part, I've enjoyed each one in their own way. Some of the authors' styles are a pain (Chuck W. with Aftermath; he uses this really weird friggin' present-tense that doesn't fit right for reading a Star Wars novel, and overdescribes things that I do NOT care about).

The key is not to get caught up in the whole "muh old EU, new canon is shit" debate, and just enjoy the individual stories contained without trying to find reasons to compare it to the old EU.

Working on finishing Catalyst right now, and frankly it really is a good tie-in, and fleshes out Galen and Krennic pretty nicely, with the added bonus of Krennic's and Tarkin's rivalry.

Tl;dr: Take 'em for what they're worth, just enjoy the story of it.

I read like 7 SW novels back in the day and my opinion on them is meh. I don't think highly of them nor lowly, I read them as casual reading as compared to the other books I had going on at the time.

Would I reread them? Only if I was really bored or if I needed something to occupy my eyes as I sit upon the porcelain throne, otherwise no.

Of all the SW books that I have in my library, True Colors and Hard Contact are my favorites and both are in the Republic Commando series tie-ins.

Go fuck yourself and die

That novel is excellently written

Chuck is the fucking worst. He bragged about finishing that book in a couple of weeks. And even though I'm on his side of the political spectrum, his default response to critics is to accuse them of disliking Aftermath not because it was bad, but because of homophobia, which just is not cricket.

Plus: herkily-jerkily.

I mean, that specifically really is great, but my dad did a lot for me with regards to reading besides that. I got to go a lot of book signings, midnight book sales, and always had access to whatever I wanted to read. I was pretty lucky.

That's cool. What did you think about the other novels in the series user?

I mean all of the Star Wars stuff I read I stopped reading at around age 11. So my opinion is that I liked it a lot then since I really liked Star Wars.

I haven't really tried the new canon but from what I've seen the old canon took itself a lot less seriously. The old canon was just about telling stories in Star Wars, the new canon wants to feed bits of information about the movies

You guys should probably sit down and read some of the novels again since you were freakin kids when you read them. Now that your older I'm sure the experience reading the books would be MUCH different. And probably much more enjoyable.