How the hell do I make warewolfs scary?

My editor says she likes my ideas for angels,witches and vampires but my wolfs are a not 'disturbing' like the others.

?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tp76cHN2FDU
youtube.com/watch?v=dhadQWKmtVM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Make them feminists.

Literally just copy and paste. It's not that hard.

Less is more
Avoid using the word "werewolf"
Be gruesome and sparse

Well, first off, learn to spell "werewolves"

Is your editor your mother? Are you fucking twelve?

Learn to spell and construct sentences. Maybe your warewolfs will be scary after that.

Thanks for the tips. My core idea is that they represent the hatred of nature for man.

>How the hell do I make warewolfs scary?
Like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=Tp76cHN2FDU

>represent the hatred of nature for man.
So your werewolves are feminists.

These but also:

Pick and choose diction carefully. Emphasize visceral imagery, things that invoke animalistic nature, high capacity for violence and detachment from their humanity.

Also include physical descriptions that imply supernatural athleticism and physical capability. If you couple those together ur gonna get a pretty spooky werewolf.

do warewolves live in a warehouse

do they do inventory there

is that why they are so angry

Describe the qualia of the werewolf without mentioning that you're doing it.

Jesus fuck do you have Asperger's? Are you 14? How many feminist cringe compilation videos do you have open in separate tabs right now? Can you not concentrate on something else for five minutes?

Holy moly this website is being choked to death

You must be an anti-feminist.

Truly, what did he mean by this?

>Jesus fuck do you have Asperger's?
No but it sounds like you do.

I have noticed a significant degradation in the post quality after a slight (9 month) hiatus, coupled with an increase in the speed of the board.

It makes one appreciate how good Veeky Forums was as recently as 2011, though everyone was still griping about it turning to shit.

Lmao

This reminds me how in bloodborne werewolves are just called "beasts"

I agree, the cliché name is not scary anymore

>my wolfs are a not 'disturbing' like the others

like in van helsing.

youtube.com/watch?v=dhadQWKmtVM

have them wear loose fitting pants and say things like 'bix nood' and have names like Tyrone or Trayvon.

Cool gonna check Bloodborne

Great ideas, thanks buddy

Make use of wolve's ability to do persistence hunting. Where they track you down over long distances, tiring you out, pinching your group off one-by-one. Make the victim feel like they are always being hunted.

The werewolf always the mysterious entity off in the distance, steadily gaining ground, until it finally catches up and reaches its climax in an explosion of violence as it goes in for the kill.

make it sound powerful even when it standing in place, I think of its chest heaving so hard that his upper torso moves slightly up and down

cool ideas

Make the werewolf have a giant red rocket shlong that rapes peoples anuses so hard that not only does it knot as it pumps cum over a long period of time as canines do but after hes finished he yanks it out and your colon falls out like a red sausage wrap then he eats it and lets you die slowly on the ground.

>Make use of wolve's ability to do persistence hunting.
That's a human ability, too.

Cannibalism.

give the wolves cis white male traits

how are your angels,witches and vampires disturbing?
also, you have an editor?
and it's a she?
how are things going between you, if you don't mind me asking?

Make lycanthropy much like a parasite - a timebomb that hides in its host until the proper time to pop out.

No full moon bs, no turning into a little wolf, I mean a fullblown traditional anthropomorphic wolf with a thirst for blood and the patience of a spider.

Those who are infected with lycanthropy don't know it because there's no outward symptoms. Infection is not so much spread by bite as it is by saliva; eating contaminated food or drink, kissing an infected person (sex too), infected contact with a wound, etc.

Really, the only known symptom of lycanthropy is the desire to hang around groups of people at night; the need to drink excessively, eat heartily, and engage in carnal desires.

Make Lycanthropy a parasite, but also a crux of paranoia.

I see this old cliched monsters and try to have some fun by giving them a spin. For me the tragedy of the vampires is that they have a unnatural perception of time, one day a "new" vampire may walk around his old neighborhood and realize his little sister has died of old age at age 90. Some live like hobos, some are kings but they are all everywhere. They dont act like predators or serial killers, on the contrary society has build institutions to feed them (without realizing it) like orphanages, clinics for addicts, prisons,etc. It was like this from the beginning.

The witches, I see them as women who have given themselves to the devil, there is no such thing as "magic" their power and wisdom comes from the demonic fetus inside them. Thanks to that they can see the universe without time (living past,present and future simultaneously) just like the Angels/demons( 2 arbitrary words for the same beings)

Sorry for my weird English ( not my native language) I'm in talks with an editor, there is no warranty they will publish my crap but at least I'm having some fun.

Thanks to all for the great tips, you anona are the nicest board here on 4chin, even nicer than Veeky Forums!

*you anons*

so a lot of the logic in monsters is the loss of humanity but the thing about werewolves that's kind of interesting is that where if you have a vampire who sort of "owns" their sickness, or a zombie who's too mindless to understand their situation a werewolf loses their humanity and regains it. they have enough control to be horrified with themselves, and i think that's the thing to lean on. first you build your character, you make them sympathetic, and then you give them "black outs" where they wake up blood smeared or whatever. maybe they start seeing men in black, i don't know, it's your fuckin story.

the point is that the werewolf is all about our secret knowledge and fear that we're just animals in pants and no amount of philosophy will ever change that

also for what it's worth if you're going to be exploring angels i think a really underrated thing when they're in stories is that they're truly alien and horrifying

like in the judeo tradition when they say "god was angry" it was more like how we tacked poetic speech on to awe-inspiring acts of nature -- raging storms, etc

it kind of reminds me of how lovecraft would describe his creatures as rough approximations of what was actually there and it's kind of why i personally am kind of bummed out/bored by stereotypical depictions of cthulu

anyways the bible describes them as interlocked wheels, burning with divine light and covered in eyes (ophanim). another part of the bible describes seven winged beasts, again, covered in eyes, and shielding their bodies because their bodies burn with the divine light of god. if you were to look at them directly your eyes would burn out of their sockets.

anyways if you look into john dee and the whole system of enochian ritual you'll find similar depictions -- very simple, almost draconian beings that are just very very alien and terrifying. impossible to understand, seemingly drone like. just not friendly at all.

i think a lot of the problem that writers have when they're making 'alien' characters like that is that they don't really have a framework to build off of as far as how they think or act because we don't have anything to really compare it to other than ourselves, so the writer inevitably has to work off their own obviously human framework.

i feel like if you did the right mish mash of crazy mythopoetic horseshit you could come up with a really interesting story. like for instance you have jakob böhme who thought of god as a living fractal