Is it wrong to give up politics and to pursue literature alone?

Is it wrong to give up politics and to pursue literature alone?
Or, are the apolitical philosophically barren, or idle?

>Is it wrong to give up politics and to pursue literature alone?

No

>Or, are the apolitical philosophically barren, or idle?

Quite the contrary. Freedom from the mundane affairs of politics opens up within you new conceptual spaces and a disposition towards abstract contemplation. Intellect is the only pure form of thought and it works best when it is untarnished by the flaming hot opinions of a thousand bomb throwers who think they have the answer.

Philosophy is pathetic mental masturbation
Politics are the brave application of practical and noble thought

All politics is applied philosophy, but not all philosophy is politics.

Yes but the good political systems form in such a way as to make it possible for men to move into areas of abstraction. If not for political progress, a type of progress which can only be got through the practice of politics, all art and abstract philosophical gains would not have been

Abstraction is a requirement in the construction of any political system. Theory is prior to practice.

So then is the theory most admirable which can be applied politically and are politics most admirable for the reason that they guard those philosophers who move into the abstract - without political protection they'd be in a hobsian state of nature - also I'd imagine the practice came before theory in the very first instance, at the genesis - and that we still proceed on a more or less trial and error basis which doesn't escape the practical realm

Bump

The very first instance was nothing more than fumblings in the dark. Practice is not practice unless it has something to practice. Political protection depends on abstraction, but conceptual thought does not require a political umbrella to function. Abstraction breeds political thought, but it is impure thought when designed to service ends and prioritizes utility over truth. Political protection is a function of utility in service of abstraction, a contradiction that cannot stand. Eliminate politics and you are liberated.

I unironically think writers change the world more than politicians

You're right

elaborate

that clarifies it - thanks
i wish you were my pal in real life

but if you refuse to participate in politics isn't your silence in the face of some injustice immoral

In the briefest sense, Politicians can only act within the given desires and perspectives of society. Writers can expand the possibilities of those desires and perspectives

t. politician

>he pulls the lever

Free play of the imagination and the intellect is the only freedom available to us, and even that is illusory. Things will take their course as they will. It's folly to intervene in the inevitable.

> "noble" thought

noble because practical for the betterment of peoples lives - philosophers are praised because they are misunderstood and unread

>betterment

> for the betterment of peoples lives
Ahahahaha, you're killing me m8
Stop.

This is true.

Bad writers cause social degeneration, and for this reason they deserve death. Conversely, good writers deserve respect and resources.

politics is the surface, the tip of the iceberg
philosophy, humanities, science, art, is the base
reading philosophy, fiction, appreciating art, etc, all that will fill you, politics is the vomit, never judge someone because of who they vote or their political opinions

bump - who should i read on this question
who has written about the ethics of the apolitical