Stax

post/rate

Do you read anything by non white people?

prost/ate

Why should he read books by non-whites? Do you think he does this intentionally? Maybe he just isn't interested in books that just happen to be written by non-whites.

ttop/arse

jelly of the criterion designs book

I'm confused is this a stack thread or shelf thread?

What would you like it to be? The future is yours.

Do you really have a copy of the Odyssey but no Iliad? I find this odd.

How is kim? Ive only ever read on the thing from kipling and it was the gods of the copybook headings but i loved it.

Rate me Veeky Forums

Already finishing Ficciones.
What should I read now?

C+

Am I cool yet?

Yes.

It would be interesting to read Burroughs Jr and see how he compares to Burroughs Sr. The title "Speed" seems like a clear homage to "Junk."

Are you the guy who got three moby dick's from a few a days ago?

>reading bad books

10/10 just for that unholy abortion of bloom

Why do you have two hobbitses?

Yes. They are there in the photo. Two on top and one in its place on the shelf.

Theres three

dude, send me one of your Moby Dicks, I want to read it but im a poorfag and all the copies from my school library are gone cause of a Melville Seminar

If he unironically bought Sam Hyde's book I think it's safe to say he isn't too concerned about "diversity." He should be though, there are a lot of great Jewish, Italian, Russian, and Japanese writers out there :^)

>there are a lot of great Jewish, Italian, Russian, and Japanese writers out there :^)

The solution would be buying good books in general. If you buy books based on 'diversity' then you are doing it wrong.

Why should he? Reading people of colour instead of better, white authors just for the sake of politics does nothing to help the endangered groups. Hell, you could learn more tolerance in Shakespeare or Melville and they are both white. Stop this meme.

limited world view stack

>>>blacked.com

Gimmie those dicks

Haven't been reading books since I was a kid, this is what I've been reading the past year. Waiting to get Exegesis of Philip K Dick and
Imperium.

Too much fiction
Hey cool, Burroughs.
Wish I was a heavier reader, I don't know any of these people aside from Chomsky.
My friend keeps telling me to read Confederacy of Dunces, but I'm not interested. Would you recommend it?

Had to check; one spic and a jew were found, subsequently thrown out. THANKS.

You need more Hesse.

Why?

>Buying 3D books

is that an amazon alexa? top lel

that was for sure an ironic purchase. i myself am not white (half jewish), and i don't agree, but i can see where people are coming from with the more diversity shtick

Shipping error.

(You)

im the plebest

agreed

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha

>Two copies of Please Kill Me
Why?

>Pot Stories
Pleb

>Douglas Adams
>All that genre fiction
Pleb

>Chomsky
Pleb

faggot pseud

>only one novel in your native language

You are the death of your culture

Kill yourself

top kek you can't meme if you dont know the american classics

Please end yourself

Astrix and Obelix are patrician as fuck

Especially in Latin. I was impressed.

In all seriousness though why are real books better than electronic? So you can show off what you've read when people visit?

It's a nice start, Wells is fantastic and albeit that's not the best Nabokov; Lolita is still great and a good introduction to him

>Chomsky
Well then recommend something better, it's my first Chomsky and it deals with latin american history so I though it might be interesting

I dare you talk shit about Durrell or Mayakovski

A humble stack this time.

college shelf
the darker books on the left are Don Quixote, Tale of Two Cities, and a collection of Faulkner stories.

chomsky is great, this board is mostly terrible, you shouldnt take it too seriously

>when the author is written horizontally

College Shelf

I think we could be friends

also what camera did you take this picture with?

to give to someone

Just finished the new testament, make assumptions about me

Have you read hell's angels by thompson?
+moby dick

i have the regular version of that bible. what's the difference with the college edition?

No idea, they might have added the "college edition" thing when they put out the fourth edition. pic related is the table of contents

Seems a bit different

nah, i went through a thompson phase last year, and finally made it through Proud Highway a few weeks ago

>American Psycho
Should I read this?

>reading a book by a literal BEE
when will our society break free from (bzz((their))bzz) influences

that's my favorite book by him, highly rec

>the student as nigger
¿Que?

You're in the wrong neighborhood nigger

pat rice

Never read Magus, but I just finished Fowles' "Mantissa" a week or two ago. It's the first pomo (I think it's pomo) novel I've ever read and was a cool intro to the kinds of problems posed by the genre?movement?style? I'm sure someone with more experience with recent literature won't be as impressed, but it blew my hair back and I had a great time. I've heard Magus is his best/most popular work, so that's my vote for your next pick from that stack.

Have you read anything by Johnson or are you just reading his bio? I hear it's arguably the best biography ever written, but haven't ever met anyone who's read it, let alone any of Johnson's writings.

Hey I just got that Josephus. Is he any good? I have a few more Roman era historians to read before I reach him.

Pic is book purchases from last two weeks. Very top is an old modern library Gautier. Probably won't read Genji for a while, but it was brand new for like $10 so I couldn't pass it up.

>Josephus
I enjoyed the bits and pieces I've read so far, and I'm looking forward to reading more. Really interested in his writings on the hebrew bible and of course the history of 1st century jerusalem

$8 fill a box sale today...
I don't know anything about the Harvard Classic Library. Did I do good? Did I mess up? How is this version of the Divine Comedy?

part1

part2

my bookshelf is perpetually halloween, i'm too sensitive to be judged.

are you taking a celtic studies course? anyways, nice picks on that topic- you're in for some fun.

>sticky tabs
i have so many of these in my books, i need an easy way to remove them

I honestly don't know how diverse Veeky Forums is. Obviously assuming it is white but look at /pol/'s /hwndu/. They are almost all shitskins.

nice haul, where are you from if you don't mind me asking? i never see fill-a-box sales here.

for $8 snagging a cohesive leatherbound set is pretty good regardless. i would marry you for your books, then kill and feed you to gators.

I am going to post this until someone replies

>all those shitlib books
(you)

Recommendations or pointers to finding a book shelf that has at least 5 shelves and enough height on each for tall textbooks?

nothing notable

build your own if you have the tools and the workspace, that's what i did

my friend's dad built her a beautiful mahogany /black pine shelf, I'll see if I have a pic on my phone

defo worth it to build your own if you have the tools, and if you can't then it's an excuse to get into woodworking which is objectively the most patrician hobby

I am sorry I kept my John Hakes and William H. Gass on the shelf.

What does that even mean?

Never seen Interior Castle on here, absolutely patrician.

lads

10/10 would be friends with, you're the only other person I've seen on Veeky Forums with a copy of Diary

Veeky Forums is probably 80%+ white male with the occasional minority autistically masturbating to the literature or philosophy of his home country and shitting up the entire board.

The translations aren't entirely great, and the Thousand and One Nights, Plutarch, and Cervantes don't have everything in them for the sake of having the books all the same size, and you also need to be careful because those hardcovers wear down and eventually snap at the joints, but let me tell you the three volume english poetry set makes it all worth it.

Bay area CA, lots of big book sales throughout the year, mostly giant stacks of twilight but I can always find a couple books I want

Thanks, I was hoping for this kind of info.

Truly the mark of greatness.
Perhaps, how's the Cantos?
Sony Nex with a vintage fast 50.
>>removing sticky tabs
If you use plastic tabs you can just give them a firm tug one by one on a closed book.

>easy way to remove them
just burn the book, that's what I do when I finish one

>HOW TO BOMB THE US GOVERNMENT

nice

oh shit i'm norcal too (stanford area). i must be stupid and missing the good stuff then, any tips?

will bring you sprinkles and innout as thanks.

If you don't have time/space to build, Ikea's higher-end cases have some good models (don't try their cheap stuff unless you only have very light mass-market paperbacks). When I assembled my library I used Liatorps, which are fastened to the wall and to each other securely: very solid, and 84" high.

hows that celt book

no

That's very pleb.
Also
>Swedish
That's nice.