How to wake

Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise...except I feel like death every morning and invariably end up sleeping 2-3 hours more than I had planned. Then I feel guilty and unmotivated when I start studying because I feel like I'm behind.

How do I force myself to wake up when the alarm rings? Should I get a really loud alarm clock and place it outside my room, forcing me to get up and walk?

Other urls found in this thread:

sleepcycle.com/how-it-works/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

One week.

For one week always wake up when you should. No matter what.

Doesn't matter when you go to bed. Only matters at what time you wake.

Don't snooze ever again btw.

late to wake, can't even study, guess you're fucked, buddy.

Nice of you to chime in with your rhymin'

Go to bed 2-3 hours earlier

How old are you? It gets better with age.

This. When I was 17 it was impossible on some days to sleep before 7am, and most nights I fell asleep around 3am. Now I'm 27 and its more like 1:30 am.

Proper sleep>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>waking up early or other meme that fucks up your sleep. Anyway go to sleep earlier but sleep at least 9 hours

Stop waking up in the middle of a REM cycle.

I'm 25.

I should mention that I also take lisdexamfetamine a.k.a. Vyvanse (prescribed) to help me study during the day, so that may be contributing to how terrible I feel when I first wake up.

How do I know when my REM cycles will end?

lol

Do you take a pill just as you wake up?

Go to bed at 10pm. Ass in bed, not on phone. Set alarm for 7am.

Alternatively, 9pm and 6pm, or 11pm and 8am depending on schedule.

The real question is why you would ever think you could function with less than the proper amount of sleep.

Yes I do. It takes a couple hours to kick in tho, especially if I have a big breakfast

sleepcycle.com/how-it-works/

Maybe this will help you, it helped me.

I've been averaging 5 hrs of sleep for the past 7 months. I'm always tired, and I feel less emotion, but I've accepted that as my life now. How dangerous is this?

It's extremely unhealthy and will take years off your life. Stop doing that.

amphetamine and coffee

LOL just prepare a line before you go to bed and then when the alarm rings snort that shit then lie back down and 5min later you are wake AF

>prepare a line

degenerate. it doesn't even increase the bioavailablity of amphetamine, it just gets into your system faster, which will quickly build your tolerance compared to taking the dose orally.

Oh

He's not lying btw. Although I would say decades.

There's a chance you've caused permanent brain damage. In a mouse study permanent damage was inflicted after several months of sleep deprivation.

Just so you guys know, there's a team that sequenced the genomes of early risers and late risers and it turns out there are like 17 loci that code for that shit, related to cicadian rythms regulation.
So yeah, it's genetic.
Good news for late riser? Nope, turns out they are also more prone to obesity and depression.

>Good news for late riser?
Why would it ever be? Society is run by early birds and their sycophants.

thanks user, not op but will give it a try.

Go to bed earlier you fucking idiot

PULL AN ALL NIGHTER

You're depressed because you're tired, you're tired because you're depressed. You oversleep because you're tired/depressed but sleep makes you even more tired/depressed.

Your brain needs to experience true exhaustion or tiredness in order to not be depressed. You should be tired when you get into bed. If you're not, then stay up till you are tired or do some manual physical exerciser or mental activities to wear yourself out.

Or, you can do one all nighter will end this vicious cycle resetting your brain to it's natural rhythm.

Most importantly, stop all caffeine after noon.

>Or, you can do one all nighter will end this vicious cycle resetting your brain to it's natural rhythm.
Full retard. You need a full week of consistently waking up to your desired time to set your rhythm. There's no 'reset'.

Adenosine is the chemical that makes you feel sleepy. Adenosine also has a natural anti-depressant effect. Oversleeping suppresses adenosine which makes you depressed, then you oversleep, and suppress adenosine even further.
Staying awake for a full 24 hours will break this cycle and reset the adenosine feedback loop.

And then the cycle continues because you didn't set your circadian rhythm.

What age does it start going away ?

I'm 22 and I've had trouble with sleep since I was in my teens

If you want it to go away you'll need to go through some pain. Specifically a week's worth of always waking up to your desired time.

It's irrelevant at what time you go to bed.

Other things to mitigate it is to not use any screens or anything in your bed. Bed should be associated with sleep. Reading a book is fine though.

Get a job where you have to wake up at 4AM every day, then appreciate the fact that you wake up at 6:30AM for class.

H-how many d-decades?

H-how m-many y-yea-years?

What're the symptoms?

Just shittier thinking I guess.

This is honestly insanely useful. It made it painless for me to transition from getting up at like 9 everyday to naturally waking up at 5 over the course of a month.

I never knew the difference +/- fifteen minutes would make with how I felt when I woke up, but I'm never going back to a set-time alarm to blast me out of whatever dreams I'm having and make me hate life the moment I wake up.

You can try offline habit training : sit on your bed with alarm set and each time it rings get up, do it multiple times

Another method a bit on the autistic spectrum is to lift your bed or any other way to make it a chore to sleep in it.

Buy a gallon of Red Bull and place it next to your bed. When your alarm goes off the next morning, immediately chug the entire gallon in one go. Then, go outside, and with your newfound energy, run as far away from your house as you possibly can. Eventually, you will run to the edge of the Earth, and upon seeing it, you will realize that the Earth is flat. From that moment on, you will be able to stay woke forever.

Tried something like that a few years back. Does it actually work?

I don't ever pay for apps either, but if it actually works and isn't just placebo like what I tried...

It absolutely works. You can also look at graphs of your movement throughout the night (which roughly correspond to the depth of your sleep) and you'll see they actually correspond pretty well to when you wake up or are active in the night, if you remember.

The free version of the app honestly works fine too, there's nothing particularly noteworthy about the paid version.

But yeah, it works great. Just don't try to make a huge jump in one night, it works well because it tries to work with your natural wake/sleep cycle to wake you up at the lightest point in your sleep during the 'wake' interval you give it.

the best time to sleep is before 12, so like 8, 9,10. and even 11. But i rather sleep at 9 or maybe 8 if you wanna wake up really early.

>keep the charger connected
This is a death trap.

>sleep at least 9 hours

We're not all NEET

Z-zecora?

I see you spend time on Sci, my little guy. No I am not the previous poster, but we come the same roller-coaster.
(read this in zecora's voice, I assure you, it is the best choice)

Have fun with your early death I guess

Lmfao. Show me a study with credible evidence/ data that suggests sleeping less directly equates to dying earlier. Monophasic sleep is for betas while biphasic & polyphasic sleep is for alphas.

Busy days -- 2.5/4.5 hours
Lazy days -- 6 hours

The key is having a reason to wake up. If you have no reason, you'll have zero motivation to wake up.

posting on Veeky Forums

get a job

The best advice I can give is to switch over to a biphasic variant (main sleep period + nap). Depending on your schedule, you may want to either incorporate a longer name (90 mins for full rem) or a few power naps throughout the day (Etc -- Google sleep advice

Hope this helped.