Its another Melvyn is rude to his guests episode

>Its another Melvyn is rude to his guests episode.

The Bill O'Reilly of entry level philosophical "discussions".

I wish these programs went for longer. They barely have time to scratch the surface with basic details.

I guess that is the target audience; I think they should do 2 parts, the first being an introduction and a basic analysis, and then another episode adding a layer of depth.

The guest scholars are not being utilised to their potential.

When the show is good, its really good. But aaalways Melvyn exuding someone who just can't wait to get home.

>I don't know how live radio broadcasts that fit into strict schedules work

>it's another Melvyn clearly doesn't give a shit about the subject episode

The guy is old, enthusiasm cannot manifest itself as much.

I liked it for a starting point now I can't stand how superficial it is

You people are idiotic.

THE PROGRAM ISN'T GEARED TOWARDS PEOPLE WITH EXISTING KNOWLEDGE BEYOND NAMES AND PLACES.

IT'S MEANT FOR PEOPLE WITH NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE SUBJECT TO GET SOME BASIC INFORMATION ABOUT IT FROM CREDIBLE SOURCES (GUEST SCHOLARS).

WHY ARE YOU CRITICISING IT FOR NOT BEING AN IN-DEPTH LECTURE? THAT IS NOT ITS AIM.

WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO SELF-CENTRED AND COMPLETELY UNAWARE OF ANYTHING.

Jesus. You people will complain about anything.

Got any better alternatives?

I listened to some of the shows from '98 and they were so much better. He was calmer back then. Now he mumbles, stutters, cut people's talking ALL THE TIME, it really bothers me. It's been almost 20 years, for Christ's sake. Please BBC, replace this old fart already.

Who should they replace him with?

> her husky voice makes me hard and I quite like her open book programme

Nigel Farage

2/10

> clemency burton hill

She's written books and is Oxbridge educated.

You people are idiotic

HITLER NEVER TRIED TO ENDEAR HIMSELF TO BLEEDING HEART LIBERALS.

HE AIMED HIS PROJECTS TOWARDS THOSE WHO ARE EXPLICITLY RACIST AND NATIONALISTIC.

WHY ARE YOU CRITICISING HIM FOR NOT BEING A DEMOCRATIC HUMANIST? THAT IS NO HIS AIM.

WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO SELF-CENTRED AND COMPLETELY UNAWARE OF ANYTHING.

In Melvyn's defense, some of his guests don't realize they're on a 45-minute long podcast and act like they're giving a lecture instead.

Nah, he just needs to stick to the schedule. There are times when he really wants to talk about something, but there's simply no time to get to it.

huh?

>But it was meant to be shit!
Is his tl/dr critique of the other guy.

great podcast

They can't replace Melvin let's face it.

Excellent post.

Melvin has some top banter

What a mong

They should replace him with David Davis. No one would tell the difference.

They can replace him when his mumbling and stuttering worse than the guest speakers. Until then (never) his iron fist will keep that show interesting.

What podcast is best to get some actual philosophical and historical discussion on a deeper level than In Our Time. Not saying that IOT is bad.

Recently I've been listening to Sam Harris' podcast. He definitely has some views I don't agree with but it's interesting to hear the conversations he has with some of the guest speakers he brings on.

Did anyone else physically cringe during the Ancient Islamic Maths episode the other day when one of the experts literally mumbled "sorry,.." when Melvin scolded him?

Sam Harris only really excels when he and his guest do their best to be objective regarding current events. I turn off every podcast where he addresses anything philosophical.

Teaching company Great Courses pirated lectures>any podcast I have ever used.

The guests are so often so damn good. Why the fuck does Melvyn insist on being such a domineering stooge.

And the subjects of the episodes are so expertly selected as well. The panels so so stacked so often with the top minds, why why why.

It's either this or you gotta listen to straight up lectures d'l'ded from straight up top circuit unis.

I go with the lects more often than not.

Immediately pulled my earphones off and went to bed

This. Listened to some cunts commentary on Plato from ttc fucking loved it so much his enthusiasm was so infectious I got sad when i finished. Then again tried another TTC video of early Greek philosophy just to see if twas any good but no. The faggots head gave me the shits and the fake lecture style was annoying. ttc is a mixed bag.

Where to get this preferably good ones you have tried