Sam Harris

Sam Harris

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fy6se-zYJNE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why's he so based, lads?

>tfw sam harris baits a trap

Oh man. Please God let this happen. Vox or Molyneux or somebody should tell Cernovich to rein it in. This would be on par with Hitchens/Mos Def. Harris had Peterson shook, I can't even imagine what he would do to Cerno. This would be a bloodbath.

I want this.

Harris made Peterson look like a clueless toddler and took him to kindergarten. I can only imagine how he'd eviscerate full blooded meme thinkers

litereally cumming myself jsut at the thought of sam harris debating mike cernovich

why the hell are there harris cultists on Veeky Forums of all places

He said there's no free will. So of course these fags will drink his cum.

>he's still mad feels don't change what truth means

i agree with him on that but he's still a shitty pop atheist and one of the least interesting people on the planet

This would be a such a spectacularly bad move for Mike. Molyneux is the most respected of that bunch and I seriously doubt he would ever do Sam's podcast. There are tiers to this stuff.

>oh mighty Kek plz fill their hearts with hubris overflowing and have them take the bait i will sacrifice many memes rich and dank for you

I really hope you are joking

I actually think he's a hack philosopher and a pandered but he's still more qualified than mike cernovich

I suppose my hatred for the alt right is so strong I'm willing to support and side with Harris for this occasion

>Complains about people using cuck multiple times, dedicating entire podcasts to the subject
>Starts using the word to seem cool

Lmao, sad!

Not sure who I hate more between pop atheists and alt-lite self-help gurus

Schizophrenic homeless people are "interesting", Harris is interested in truth and he has it in droves

Pop atheists have been out of style for over a decade now, so there's that. Cernovich is fun to laugh at, he's kind of like a new Alex Jones. youtube.com/watch?v=fy6se-zYJNE

Cernovich is enlightened you fucking cuck.

>not tapping into your inner gorilla

More like using Cernovich and his fans' own word to embarrass them

Its ironic too since Cernovich's wife would unquestionably melt under Harris's smooth confident charm

Remember the time Sam got BTFO by Chomsky?

I mean I hate both of them, but Harris actually trying to go against a heavyweight was hilarious.

Foucault > Chomsky > Harris > Power Gap > Peterson et all

He could start an objective ranking system based on debate results

>harris being above the power gap

foucault is at the bottom

If anything Harris was being an impossible autist with "durr can't continue unless we define truth".
It's something that would only happen if you have a raging sperg in front of you who won't talk unless we have delineated everything around us in a perfectly logical fashion.

Harris is an extremely boring man with extremely boring beliefs.

Chomsky won that debate, hard.

Perspectives begin with ontology. Harris is a serious thinker not a nursing home worker. He expects coherent and well thought out outlooks from his guests. When he found Peterson couldn't even keep track of his own idea of what the simple concept of truth is there was no point letting the dottering fool start harping on about God and trannies or whatever

Listen my friend I want to move on but I do t think we can continue unless we decide o a definitive meaning of cuck? what is the essence of cuck? I think that at some fundamental level there is a true cuck independent of whatever you may call cuck inthis context

Cucks are spooks

Well, Peterson did. Harris just can't understand the concept of contextual truth.
Harris is of the school of scientism. So of course he couldn't do anything but plant his dumb flags as soon as we tread into the domain where we realize humans are cultural creatures and not labcoats.

I sometimes wonder if Harris Malkoviched into his own head if he would even be perturbed by it. I kind of feel they would all just begin to have a conversation about what it meant to be legion.

'Consider this possibility. Imagine if everyone in your city was me, Sam Harris. Your mayor, your doctor, your entire postal service. The criminals in prisons. Even your dog, somehow, was me. I invite you to ask - would that really be such a bad thing? Imagine the possibilities of a world comprised of only a single, solitary, utilitarian mind. Just think about how smooth and well-maintained the public utilities would be, for example. Your pizzas would show up exactly fifteen minutes after you ordered them. Your kids would get great marks in school. All I'm raising with this thoight is the possibilities of a world in which all are one. Where we think about not being Sam Harris in the same way we think about the slave trade, or FGM. This is a glorious horizon of possibilities I fail to find any flaws in.'

&c, &c

>Harris is an extremely boring man with extremely boring beliefs.

He is the cosmic equivalent of a guy who devotes his whole career to Middle management.

I truly think Sam Harris is an alien. Or a robot sent back in time by the AI.
He has an inhuman patience. He talks like a well-programmed entity would do. He has this surgical approach to socio-cultural topics.

He goes on a bit too much about the advent of the AI. It makes me suspicious.

If the world was all Sam Harrises, it would function like an utopia. There would be no need to plant any flags anymore. I can see that. But I'm afraid.

I think your opinion is WRONG.

>the concept of contextual truth.

He understood it perfectly fine, the issue is its an imbecilic concept that is at best a disingenuous word game.
For that matter Peterson in his disorientated confusion with the concept of analogy and unorthodox reimagining of Darwinism didn't seem to display understanding of the concept himself.

Calling it an 'imbecile concept' is not an argument.
And calling it 'dangerous' without any clear examples as to why is a perfidious approach to the discussion of ideas.
And unorthodoxy isn't bad, unless we're being religious.

I see a lot of salad, but not much meat, Harrisite.

>He goes on a bit too much about the advent of the AI. It makes me suspicious.

lol'd.

Sometimes I fantasize about calling Sam Harris a faggot.

>attending a large lecture for Sam "the Stiller" Harris
> pay extra to sit in the front of the lecture hall
> pay even more to get to do a meet and greet with the man himself after the talk
>surrounded by redditors with babby philosophies, clearly only fans of the Harris are here
>wait patiently for my turn in line, 1st edition of The End of Faith in hand
>finally my turn
>look up at the no notable award winner with stars in my eyes
>"Mr Harris, it's such an honor" I say as,he signs my copy with a smile
>"but don't you think you're a bit of..."
>the bomb hangs in the air, he is not prepared for what is to come
>"a faggot"
>direct hit
>his world comes crashing down
> the moral landscape
>gone
>his shitty podcast
>gone
>all zero contributions to reason, linguistics, philosophy of religion
>reduced to ruble
> he drops The End of Faith
> I bend over and grab the copy
> "thank you." he says, bested by my wit
>"your welcome"
>I kiss his hand
> next day on the news
> "celebrated philosopher commits suicide"

Truly the greatest possible pleasure

You are like the final boss of reddit.
Which ends up being an extremely disappointing finale.

alright bait

in all seriousness though

this election has turned Mr. Harris into an even bigger cringe fest

>Trump doesn't look particularly intelligent to me, that makes me worried

Something a robot would say.

>'dangerous"
lel

Anyway I'm surprised this actually requires elaboration but when you are trying to redefine, or even simply qualify, the word truth to expand the set of propositions it covers to include those that would in the common understanding of the term not be regarded as true then you're dealing with nonsense frankly.
To accept that as a legitimate linguistic act is to accept a plethora of otherwise false statements as true as long as they qualified under Petersons arbitrarily defined criteria.

That's why the debate had to end there, there's no point in trying to debate the facts of the world with someone who is refusing to accept rational coherency of truth values. Likely simply because they wouldn't be hospitible to the sort of statements he wishes to make.

Well its nice to see Harris hasn't jumped of the derailed trump train
But the fact remains the coded racism and defense of state violence that people like Harris engage in that paved the way for this nightmare

Well its nice to see Harris hasn't jumped on the derailed trump train
But the fact remains the coded racism and defense of state violence that people like Harris engage in that paved the way for this nightmare

>coded racism

This is brilliant.
Anything right of the left is now coded racism. Even if you want to argue for a multicultural society, but aren't that much on board with open borders or basic income, you're Hitler. You just coded your toxic nazi ideology. A witch among our midst. Because slippery slope or some shit.

This Deuteronomy tier bullshit way of thinking is glorious.

>goes on to call for a race war on /pol/

Isn't it just the anarchists committing acts of violence.

Sam Harris is Dawkins/Hitchens-tier, I'm surprised to see him taken seriously on here.

This is the same board that takes Derrida and Lacan seriously, so it's no surprise.

>Lacan
Essential reading tier
>Derrida
Some good stuff but overrated

Yeah, and you will look down upon Harris and Dawkins fans like I look down upon you.

Please be memeing

who actually cares about this Jew

I can only imagine what embarrassing shit you must read

>US government drops 26,171 bombs in 2016
Nobody bats an eye

>A couple of "anarchist" or "anti-facist" groups riot
Everyone LOSES THEIR MINDS

Nothing as embarrassing as your pseudointellectual sophistry.

Why is this on Veeky Forums?

I'm 5 years old and even I know this shit is retarded. Saged

But I thought Obama was a good boy. Why would he bomb someone?

Why do I feel like you're all the same person?